Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PL Expansion Kick Starter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Watch STS take the money we raised and use it to fund AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteVirsa View Post
    Haha i would do it for prizes but im mostly in it for the Cap
    I'd do if for both. Designing the new cap would be a dream come true. I'd love to see my ideas in action.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Skeletonlord For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Yes! My dad is rich and I would l pay to have another Cap

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee19 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emagency View Post
    Your post seems to be somewhat off, I doubt anyone will just throw $500 a day into the game. Let's stick to realistic things when we talk.
    Also it appears you've missed what is going on in this thread, where money is being thrown out to bring the content that people would be paying for. I am someone who would just want that to happen and would be willing to spend the extra cash to bring such things not only to myself to enjoy but to everyone.
    I know somebody who's spent $500 in a day in AL and over $40k USD in AL.

With the amount that player has spent, he/she can fund the entire moderator team alone. So, you tell me? This is just one person, there are dozens upon dozens of players who spend like this in that game.

I haven't missed the point, you've missed the point. Even if you fund an expansion, why would developers take the time and attention away from AL, their golden goose, to focus on a game that is outdated, 1/4 the size, and not as profiting?

I'm sorry to tell you that this venture is a misguided hope. The developers have already been very clear about their stance on PL.

It's not unheard of at ALL in AL for players to spend $200 in a day and then spend some more the following day.

Back when I used to play PL and I know nothing has changed since then, you could spend $90 for 2k platinum and have it last you for many months. In AL, you can buy 1.7k platinum for $90 and use it up within the hour.
    Last edited by Zeus; 04-18-2014 at 02:22 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    I could say the same thing; what is there to spend 500 on in al- nothing last I checked.
    Don't know why you feel the need to dis on this side of the forums.
    Locked crates...

People and their spending amounts that I know:

• 1-5k USD = 12+ people
    • 10k USD = 2 people
    • 20k USD = 1 person
    • 40k USD = 1 person

Now, based on just the people I know, that is 92k USD! I am sure there are others that are much quieter about their platinum purchase history.

Heck, some of these people have bought so much platinum that they actually glitches the game because it could not handle the platinum cost!

I'm not dissing, I'm just giving you facts and the bitter truth. I really do not understand why players are still clinging onto the game like it's the only one that exists.

As the saying goes, there's plenty of fish in the sea!

PS: Before anyone states that they've spent plenty on PL too, keep in mind that is likely over the course of 4 years because PL has been out way longer. I've personally spent about $3k USD on PL, but that was over 4 years. Considering that, the price is not bad at all.

In AL, people spend the same amount in a much much shorter time period.
    Last edited by Zeus; 04-18-2014 at 02:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Locked crates...

People and their spending amounts that I know:

• 1-5k USD = 12+ people
    • 10k USD = 2 people
    • 20k USD = 1 person
    • 40k USD = 1 person

Now, based on just the people I know, that is 92k USD! I am sure there are others that are much quieter about their platinum purchase history.

Heck, some of these people have bought so much platinum that they actually glitches the game because it could not handle the platinum cost!

I'm not dissing, I'm just giving you facts and the bitter truth. I really do not understand why players are still clinging onto the game like it's the only one that exists.

PS: Before anyone states that they've spent plenty on PL too, keep in mind that is likely over the course of 4 years because PL has been out way longer. I've personally spent about $3k USD on PL, but that was over 4 years. Considering that, the price is not bad at all.

In AL, people spend the same amount in a much much shorter time period.
    They have also had 6 caps in a row and still no cap on the horizon for PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lee19 View Post
    They have also had 6 caps in a row and still no cap on the horizon for PL
    Regardless, what is PL's expenses? Leveling elixirs and luck elixirs? Midas? That's pretty much the only thing.

AL has an unlimited expense: locked crates. Due to the fact that PL has nothing of the sort, it can never hope to reach the amount of money that AL generates. Do you know why they've had 6 caps in a row and still no cap on the horizon for PL? I'm sure you do, Samhayne put a very detailed explanation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

No, you said, you see nothing to spend 500 on in pl. that's your value judgement, not a fact. I didn't say I don't believe people see a reason to spend more there. I was mirroring your view that I don't seen value in al the same you seemingly see no value in this game.
    I'm saying as of late, if you post on this side, you sound like you are convince us it's boring here, like you became bored of it.

Like you quit football, but hang out in the football locker room saying rugby is waaay better. Lol

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

No, you said, you see nothing to spend 500 on in pl. that's your value judgement, not a fact. I didn't say I don't believe people see a reason to spend more there. I was mirroring your view that I don't seen value in al the same you seemingly see no value in this game.
    I'm saying as of late, if you post on this side, you sound like you are convince us it's boring here, like you became bored of it.

Like you quit football, but hang out in the football locker room saying rugby is waaay better. Lol
    No, I'm looking at it from a business standpoint. I am still very fond of PL but the fact that I still have 2000 out of 4000 plat that I have purchased from over a year ago says a lot about the game.

1. You know I've bought just about every exclusive item in the game, including the winter dragons (& the santa midas one)
    2. Platinum elixirs are only needed for leveling, Daily Blessing does the job just fine otherwise unless you want to speed up farming. Even then, maybe a dozen platinum elixirs will get you the gear that you need at L76. What's left to do then? A person has to force himself to find other areas of the game to keep him entertained?
    3. Respecs.
    4. Vanity pets that serve no purpose. I've bought every one and still, I am barely at 50-60k platinum purchased.
    5. Seasonal dungeons like the WinterFest event.

So, what's left to spend platinum on? I've basically listed the main major purposes. The fact is, and you cannot argue against it, is that there is not a lot to spend platinum on. Once you have, you're done. STG has basically lost the customer because there's nothing more for him to buy.

In AL, that problem does not exist in the slightest. There's ALWAYS something for you to purchase...or gamble towards.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I could say the same thing; what is there to spend 500 on in al- nothing last I checked.
    Don't know why you feel the need to dis on this side of the forums.
    I really do not understand why players are still clinging onto the game like it's the only one that exists.

Only thing I disagree with in your post. After searching years for the right MMO nothing matches PL. That's just preference - but if you were still hooked on PL like us, Parth, you'd be wanting to argue for PL to come back. But business is business.

So in the eyes of the PL community, everything mentioned here is a perfectly viable solution... but STS won't do anything about it because they wont benefit from it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

what is left to spend on? Whatever I want ( if I did). Your scenario leaves you one capped toon with good gear. I have 7 capped and more in store. A toon for every build to farm. Also I am collecting every item in game. Also I'm making several builds in most all pvp levels with top gear. All that will/could cost me. I don't have to "force" myself to have fun. I simply am, and you are not.

This wasn't about comparing value between these games. I didn't think you realized how often your posts on THIS side say things like *comical voice*
    Idk why ppl play this game
    Nothing is worth much money compared to al
    It's dead move on. Ect
    If ppl are having fun, let them. Don't tell them why they're wrong.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Sorry to derail Avid. I like your idea, and appreciate your intent with this.
    We can only hope.
    Raise my cup to the undyingly faithful pl players.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Halros View Post
    Hey, this is a good idea, but I think STS would need thousands of dollars to make an expansion. All their staff has to make a living off what they're spending their time on, including these kickstarter funds if this was to work. There are only thousands of PL players, not tens of thousands, and most of them won't ever hear about this or care since they 1) aren't on the forums 2) only play a few times a week or month 3) don't have money anyways.

Not trying to be a downer, but there's a lot of stuff you have to take into account:
    1) STS's cooperation and willingness to go with this plan.
    2) A large percentage of PL's player base to donate.
    3) You'd have to advertise the kickstarter as well as get STS to advertise it in their games.
    4) This isn't really a new product you'd be putting up on kickstarter, it'd technically be an old one. People donate on kickstarter so they can get whatever product it is that they're donating for. Every person that donates for this new cap needs to already care about getting it (Probably means they would have one or more 76s), which shrinks the number of potential donators to a pretty small group.
    5) STS has already made the point that AL makes them more money, and since STS is a business, they'll do what makes them the most money, regardless of what a small group of their players want. This isn't wrong, it's just doing business.

There's definitely more I didn't think of to put in that list, but looking on the bright side, this might just work. Maybe we raise enough money, or maybe STS sees the good effort we're trying to make and considers giving a new cap a shot. Just keep in mind that if STS doesn't want to, don't be surprised! They've reiterated the point that there's a 99.9% chance that a new cap will NOT happen.
    If you guys start this kickstarter, I also think it'd be a good idea to invite everyone you know to start playing, to beef up the player base. One thing STS said is that a cap for AL reaches more potential customers/players than a PL cap would, so we NEED to expand the player base. I'm sure a lot of you already do this though, and we'd have to increase the regular number of players by hundreds or probably thousands. It'd be quite an endeavor, just like this kickstarter, but if enough of us care, it might just work.
    If they go with this option they risk nothing. They say we need X amount of dollars to produce a new expansion. This will take into account how much to pay employees to host on servers design new content etc while also taking into account the amount they will profit to make it worth it for them, and then we the players raise the money. Players who currently play both capped and not capped can contribute. Players who play other STS games that left PL a long time a go can contribute. And completely random strangers who find this project for a new PL cap on the kickstarter website or on Facebook can contribute. This is actually highly likely in my eyes. If STS wants PL to get a new cap but simply doesn't have the money to do so or the projected profit outcome they desire then this is a perfect solution for them. However if they don't care for PL anymore and are just waiting to shut down the servers so they can throw up another 1-2 year game then I will be happy to sell my black dragon set to the highest bidder and do a massive give away in game because if they don't go with this idea that is the final answer to me. There will be no hope...
    AvidLegend - lvl 76 True Legend, Scavengerhunt- lvl 76 Elite Rhino, AvidTank - lvl 76 SpankTank
    *​I'm an Avid Player of Pocket Legends*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IGN Storm View Post
    Watch STS take the money we raised and use it to fund AL
    That's the beauty of it they can't take your money unless they produce what is advertised with it which would be a new PL cap. It's not a raise money for STS to piss away fund it's a raise money for a PL expansion fund, or even a rebalance fund, or new holiday event fund. The possibilities are endless!
    AvidLegend - lvl 76 True Legend, Scavengerhunt- lvl 76 Elite Rhino, AvidTank - lvl 76 SpankTank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Sorry to derail Avid. I like your idea, and appreciate your intent with this.
    We can only hope.
    Raise my cup to the undyingly faithful pl players.
    No problem back on topic though please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Only thing I disagree with in your post. After searching years for the right MMO nothing matches PL. That's just preference - but if you were still hooked on PL like us, Parth, you'd be wanting to argue for PL to come back. But business is business.

So in the eyes of the PL community, everything mentioned here is a perfectly viable solution... but STS won't do anything about it because they wont benefit from it.
    They will benefit from it. They get to produce new content with no expense to them and this new content will cause more players to replay PL and spend money on platinum to farm and level etc. It is guaranteed profit once it is produced. The usual issue with produce a cap is making more money than you spend to make it. If it's free to them to make then all the money made from platinum is profit. There is no reason not to.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to AvidLegend For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AvidLegend View Post
    They will benefit from it. They get to produce new content with no expense to them and this new content will cause more players to replay PL and spend money on platinum to farm and level etc. It is guaranteed profit once it is produced. The usual issue with produce a cap is making more money than you spend to make it. If it's free to them to make then all the money made from platinum is profit. There is no reason not to.
    I take that back - they can benefit more from the money they invest in to AL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I know somebody who's spent $500 in a day in AL and over $40k USD in AL.

With the amount that player has spent, he/she can fund the entire moderator team alone. So, you tell me? This is just one person, there are dozens upon dozens of players who spend like this in that game.

I haven't missed the point, you've missed the point. Even if you fund an expansion, why would developers take the time and attention away from AL, their golden goose, to focus on a game that is outdated, 1/4 the size, and not as profiting?

I'm sorry to tell you that this venture is a misguided hope. The developers have already been very clear about their stance on PL.

It's not unheard of at ALL in AL for players to spend $200 in a day and then spend some more the following day.

Back when I used to play PL and I know nothing has changed since then, you could spend $90 for 2k platinum and have it last you for many months. In AL, you can buy 1.7k platinum for $90 and use it up within the hour.
    These numbers are ridiculous and if they are accurate they are a very rare case. The amount of money you are talking about would be enough from AL to support all the STS games and we wouldn't have this issue. STS is making most of its income from AL but it's not as much as you would think the company is barely staying afloat because they are competing in a very difficult market.

However that said it doesn't matter what AL makes versus PL. This option is outside the normal operations of business and will allow the community to directly find what they want. Players who aren't spending money on PL because of the lack of new content may very well contribute with the promise of a new cap. You might not and that's fine but this thread is about supporting this option not trying to make propaganda to tear it down so move on or contribute pleas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I take that back - they can benefit more from the money they invest in to AL.
    Yes but we aren't talking about them investing their money we are talking about them getting paid to do a specific task. It's like saying how much would you need to make it, giving them what they request, and them producing it. Not having them take money out of their budget and investing in a dying game, that would be stupid and is exactly why they won't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NotYoCookiez View Post
    Im pretty sure sts will be like "Sounds like a great idea... lets get it started!"

Then after awhile after people been donating they will make a thread coming up with an excuse on "why we didn't make an expansion PART 10"

and probably pocket the money and use it for something in AL or for a nice lil bonus for the staffs
    They can't touch the money if they don't do what they say they will with it. That's why this is a great option. They would have to produce a cap with the money raised or get used simple as that.