Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: i think max gold cap should be raise

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    Mrblu you have d wrong image in your request.

I don't understand if want a gold cap raise or just want to show us the guilds position on the LB ...
    yah i remove my gold screen shot. people might misunderstood and say im showoff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyblu View Post
    yah i remove my gold screen shot. people might misunderstood and say im showoff.
    Take classes from parth about attachments cause to me it seems you are still showing off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Falmear wants arcane shard drop rate to decrease so he can finally loot one.
    Not that it matters at this point but this is a fabrication because I don't open any chests or crates. So I'll never loot one. The point is to keep the price of any item inside the gold cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    You've chosen to jump to his rescue when he made his bed. He did not present this as a trade issue. You chose to defend his OP, Parth, when the majority of the people reading it agree it just made him look rather gross. Instead of feeling you need to defend him and his post to address what you believe is a real issue (selling items over 100m and eventual scams similar to those in PL) you might have been better off creating your own thread. As an outside observer I saw a total brag post. In fact, by the time I read the OP there is just a picture of guild rank which totally seemed like a troll/brag post. You know the OP, I don't, but if the personality a person chooses to show the world creates negative reactions then that person should either deal with it or consider some self reflection.
    I removed the original photo of the deal and gold since people might say yah im showing how gold i have.

my main concern is to raise the gold cap so its not that hard to trade gold more than 100m.

same go with the gold stash.

the deal pure gold but since max is 100m you will be force to accept arcane eggs, since he might scam the rest of the gold once he get the ring.

and i was dealing with a lvl 15 guy, i dont know who his main account. he dont want to show his main.
    Last edited by Daddyblu; 04-19-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

You've chosen to jump to his rescue when he made his bed. He did not present this as a trade issue. You chose to defend his OP, Parth, when the majority of the people reading it agree it just made him look rather gross. Instead of feeling you need to defend him and his post to address what you believe is a real issue (selling items over 100m and eventual scams similar to those in PL) you might have been better off creating your own thread. As an outside observer I saw a total brag post. In fact, by the time I read the OP there is just a picture of guild rank which totally seemed like a troll/brag post. You know the OP, I don't, but if the personality a person chooses to show the world creates negative reactions then that person should either deal with it or consider some self reflection.
    Panda, I've already explained previously that it was an attachment error.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Ikr thanks.

I still like the "accidentally" doe.

Attachment 84899

You are pratically saying it is not my fault if price are going high it is locked fault so please sts raise gold cap so i can sell my stuff at a higher price. LMAO.

There is no point in you turning and twisting the story trying to be right when you are wrong (NO theoretical BS)
    The fact is highing gold cap is just giving merchers a legitimate way to make a feast out of us and nobody will let that happen. Sorry.
    The gold cap won't stop me from making higher valued sales and it's not stopping anyone else either. The last ring sold for 115m last time I checked so I'm pretty sure it's not stopping anyone.

I'm asking STG to raise the gold cap so I can sell the ring without having to deal with items.

Why is that such an issue?

Again, I will reiterate. People are already selling the ring for well beyond gold cap quite frequently. It's not a small amount above gold cap either, it's 10-15m above. Raising the gold cap will alleviate this issue without causing prices to crash.

Causing arcane shards to be more common does not solve the issue, because it only solves the issue for that particular item. What about the next newest arcane item? We'll have to increase drop rates on that one as well? What about the next one? And the next?
    Last edited by Zeus; 04-19-2014 at 01:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts

I have a simple question if I reach the gold cap "99m" and I happen to make an extra 10m what happens to that 10m? Is it stored in some virtual space? Or is it gone? ...forever ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts

And would this mean that if I use 10m ill still remain with my 99m? Just a simple question to be cautious.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Neutrone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Panda, I've already explained previously that it was an attachment error.
    It's still not fixed. Typically, if I make an error in a post that is pointed out a number of times I go fix it--I'd especially do this if it was pointed out that it looks like a brag post--unless my intention was to brag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I won't put all my real world money into one bank account.
    Same reason applies to the game; I won't put all my gold into one character, or even under one account. When my gold reach 50m, I will register a new account, and keep the extra gold into the new account. But ... But I don't have 50m.

The original poster should do that in my way, just in case some accidents make you can't get access to the gold you have on one account.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

The gold cap won't stop me from making higher valued sales and it's not stopping anyone else either. The last ring sold for 115m last time I checked so I'm pretty sure it's not stopping anyone.

I'm asking STG to raise the gold cap so I can sell the ring without having to deal with items.

Why is that such an issue?

Again, I will reiterate. People are already selling the ring for well beyond gold cap quite frequently. It's not a small amount above gold cap either, it's 10-15m above. Raising the gold cap will alleviate this issue without causing prices to crash.

Causing arcane shards to be more common does not solve the issue, because it only solves the issue for that particular item. What about the next newest arcane item? We'll have to increase drop rates on that one as well? What about the next one? And the next?

You don't understand gold cap is a natural barrier that dissuades merchers from selling their stuff at monster prices whether they respect the barrier or bypass it it is left to them but the gold cap is100 million gold; more than that you can't trade and that is a good thing. Everyone knows that is the sanity limit a item should be priced so anything that exceeds the limit will be hitting a alarm in everyone's head

If for example the gold cap was raised next time a new arcane item comes out you will be requesting for a new gold cap.
    If for example the gold cap was raised next wave of Lv41 mythics will cost just too much. The ring will increase and the mythic will follow.

I feel, no i know if the gold cap rises now things will get worser than ever. The distance between the rest of the game and the items merchers will able to manipulate will be just too big.

I have been playing another game for 5+ years where the currency weight is similar to AL and the gold cap is currently 999m while the highest valued item you can drop sell for around 7m. It is darn hard to get the decent items selling for 100m+ without using real cash talkless getting those at 1b.

The best items as they were realeased started increasing and increasing till on one side a minority of players that spend heavy money has the best items and on the otherside the majority can't in anyway dream of having 1 of their stuff. It turned from f2p to p2w.

Don't look at now look at the future if you guys keep merching stuff out of the reach of the rest of the items ig many average players at a point will leave. The game at its current state does not offer a average player a efficient system that let him pile up 100+m when it will do then we will be ready to raise gold cap as for now it is just killing AL.

To cure inflation lowing the shard drop rate is not the solution. Inflation is a natural thing that comes at a certain point to all free oriented economies. What can be done is cleansing and repeating what does that mean: when the best items obtainable through money increase, you (the game) increase the value of the items that are dropped from the monsters and that is what the itemization system is meant for.

Let us see how much the new wave of pinks will cost before asking for the gold cap to be raised.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 04-19-2014 at 02:19 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

You don't understand gold cap is a natural barrier that dissuades merchers from selling their stuff at monster prices whether they respect the barrier or bypass it it is left to them but the gold cap is100 million gold; more than that you can't trade and that is a good thing. Everyone knows that is the sanity limit a item should be priced so anything that exceeds the limit will be hitting a alarm in everyone's head
    Actually, that is not how it works. Back in 2012 when I used to play Pocket Legends, the gold cap was 10m. The most desired items were dragon vanity sets, and as they gradually increased in price past the 10m/item price point, the market simply dried up and you could not find anyone willing to sell these items. I can remember having enough gold to buy one and it took me 5 weeks to find a seller. Price was not even the issue, it was just that nobody trusted anyone so making a purchase was a big problem.

Having a low gold cap does not keep prices low, it just serves to remove gold from the equation. If you want a real life example, read about what happened during the American Civil War when everyone hoarded money and the economy dried up as there was no money available to use to purchase anything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_War_token

What will eventually happen if we stay on the current course is that the next arcane item will be so expensive that the rich players will hoard them and nobody who did not loot one will ever be able to purchase one. The solution to inflation is gold sinks, and we have another thread where that is being discussed.

That said, I do NOT think we need to raise gold cap, I think if we have a few gold sinks then the problem will take care of itself. As has been stated, storing gold is not an issue since you can have multiple toons. The only issue at hand is when single purchases go higher than 100m, and I think that is just unhealthy for the game.

To cure inflation raising the shard drop rate is not the solution. Inflation is a natural thing that comes at a point to all free oriented economies. What can be done is cleansing and repeating what does that mean: when the best items obtainable through money increase, you (the game) increase the value of the items that are dropped and that is the itemization system. Let us see how much the new wave of pinks will cost before asking for the gold cap to be raised.
    I've suggested that the elite dungeons be made super hard so that the elite legendary items are super rare, but everyone cries that farming becomes too hard. So I'm not sure what you are asking for here. STS cannot "make" items that cost a lot. The cost of items are determined by how rare they are, not by the stats of the items. All you have to do is look at season 2 when the best sorcerer weapon was the watch rifle which at the time could be had for 5k. The stats were great, and STS certainly did their part in creating an "expensive" item. The problem is that they were super common.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 04-19-2014 at 02:15 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts

True a good example at that time isn't only the watch rifle but the dark watch sword as well as forerunner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

First of all... Who has 500m? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk,Ign Athellica

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Actually, that is not how it works. Back in 2012 when I used to play Pocket Legends, the gold cap was 10m. The most desired items were dragon vanity sets, and as they gradually increased in price past the 10m/item price point, the market simply dried up and you could not find anyone willing to sell these items. I can remember having enough gold to buy one and it took me 5 weeks to find a seller. Price was not even the issue, it was just that nobody trusted anyone so making a purchase was a big problem.

Having a low gold cap does not keep prices low, it just serves to remove gold from the equation. If you want a real life example, read about what happened during the American Civil War when everyone hoarded money and the economy dried up as there was no money available to use to purchase anything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_War_token

What will eventually happen if we stay on the current course is that the next arcane item will be so expensive that the rich players will hoard them and nobody who did not loot one will ever be able to purchase one. The solution to inflation is gold sinks, and we have another thread where that is being discussed.

That said, I do NOT think we need to raise gold cap, I think if we have a few gold sinks then the problem will take care of itself. As has been stated, storing gold is not an issue since you can have multiple toons. The only issue at hand is when single purchases go higher than 100m, and I think that is just unhealthy for the game.

I've suggested that the elite dungeons be made super hard so that the elite legendary items are super rare, but everyone cries that farming becomes too hard. So I'm not sure what you are asking for here. STS cannot "make" items that cost a lot. The cost of items are determined by how rare they are, not by the stats of the items. All you have to do is look at season 2 when the best sorcerer weapon was the watch rifle which at the time could be had for 5k. The stats were great, and STS certainly did their part in creating an "expensive" item. The problem is that they were super common.
    We are pratically saying the same thing.

I didnt say gold cap will stop the value of items to rise cause arcane ring has already exceeded the gold cap but i do believe it slows the rate at which the items increase. If for example the gold cap was 150m maybe right now we would find ourselves buying a arcane ring for 160m. Think of it.

There are many ways the game can higher the value of pinks:
    1.first of all unlike with this wave that sucked the legendaries have to be similar in power without exceeding the lv41 mythcs i am talking of a mythic set vs Tarloks range.
    The legendaries have to appetible mouth drooling fast selling anything you imagine as WANTED.

2. The maps must be hard. Easy maps give cheap loots there is no doubt about this.

3. Adjusting the legendary items stats with updates or events when they start decreasing in value to reactivate the interest of players and higher the demand.

4 Making a aps related to the legendaries.

5. Making legendaries ingredients for crafting the Lv41 mythics(in this case a legendary used vanishes from market).

A good gold sink is the one that doesn't blindly shoots everyone but the richest. That is where the gold is.

Earlier someone suggested a decent amount of gold to increase stash gold cap and i found it legit.

I already suggested and i will repeat since we are on the matter a not fixed mythic item purchasable with gold, not fixed cause this month it might be the helm next day the ring. It might sound like blasphemy but this way we will be hitting two birds with one stone.
    1. Keeping lv41 mythics prices in touch with reality.
    2. Removing decent amounts of gold from the game.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 04-19-2014 at 03:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

It's still not fixed. Typically, if I make an error in a post that is pointed out a number of times I go fix it--I'd especially do this if it was pointed out that it looks like a brag post--unless my intention was to brag.
    I'll tell him to fix and explain how, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

If for example the gold cap was raised next time a new arcane item comes out you will be requesting for a new gold cap.
    If for example the gold cap was raised next wave of Lv41 mythics will cost just too much. The ring will increase and the mythic will follow.

I feel, no i know if the gold cap rises now things will get worser than ever. The distance between the rest of the game and the items merchers will able to manipulate will be just too big.

I have been playing another game for 5+ years where the currency weight is similar to AL and the gold cap is currently 999m while the highest valued item you can drop sell for around 7m. It is darn hard to get the decent items selling for 100m+ without using real cash talkless getting those at 1b.

The best items as they were realeased started increasing and increasing till on one side a minority of players that spend heavy money has the best items and on the otherside the majority can't in anyway dream of having 1 of their stuff. It turned from f2p to p2w.

Don't look at now look at the future if you guys keep merching stuff out of the reach of the rest of the items ig many average players at a point will leave. The game at its current state does not offer a average player a efficient system that let him pile up 100+m when it will do then we will be ready to raise gold cap as for now it is just killing AL.

To cure inflation lowing the shard drop rate is not the solution. Inflation is a natural thing that comes at a certain point to all free oriented economies. What can be done is cleansing and repeating what does that mean: when the best items obtainable through money increase, you (the game) increase the value of the items that are dropped from the monsters and that is what the itemization system is meant for.

Let us see how much the new wave of pinks will cost before asking for the gold cap to be raised.
    Ener said it all.

He's right, a gold sink is what we truly need.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Ener said it all.

Economics 101, Elite...learn it..
    Remember! I am always willing to learn from who really has solid things to teach including Ener.

Btw you are the one asking for higher gold caps in a broken economy where everyone complains there is a increasing inflation,

go figure who needs lessons.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 04-19-2014 at 03:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Remember! I am always willing to learn from who really has solid things to teach including Ener.

Btw you are the one asking for higher gold caps in a broken economy where everyone complains there is a increasing inflation,

go figure who needs lessons.
    I'm asking to prevent scams. Also, if you noticed, I took out that part because I considered it very mean and immature of me. Asking for higher gold caps, as Ener has stated, will not make the price go higher.

I can sell items and profit wether they raise the gold cap or not. Energ also gave you a case and point.

Also, however, he provides a truly logical solution on how to fix the issue. As I've been stating again and again, inflation is the issue. Energizeric gives us a great solution by stating that gold sinks are what is needed. However, it should be gold sinks that only apply to the rich (in that case, me!).

How could we do this? Well, that recipe for arcane ring? Up the value to perhaps 5M gold. Sure, the merchants might pass on that cost to the customer, but at least it is draining money from the economy.

If you're willing to learn, then learn what Energizeric is saying. Thanks!
    Last edited by Zeus; 04-19-2014 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

I'm asking to prevent scams. Also, if you noticed, I took out that part because I considered it very mean and immature of me. Asking for higher gold caps, as Ener has stated, will not make the price go higher.

If you're willing to learn, then learn what Energizeric is saying. Thanks!
    Name:  PicsArt_1397891104207.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  78.7 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

Ener said raising gold cap won't stop some items price from rising not that it won't make the items price go higher.

This are two completely different statements. Trying to fool me or something Parth?

Please don't insult me
    Last edited by Anarchist; 04-19-2014 at 03:33 PM.