Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Arcanes/Mythics still drop from crates?

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Default What Arcanes/Mythics still drop from crates?

I know the Hween mythics don't drop, and I know that Whim/Slag/Abaddon don't drop anymore, but wasn't sure if any others are dc'd right now. Just curious

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Current Drops:

Mythic​:
    Helms
    Armors
    Amulets
    Ring

Arcane:
    Shard
    Hammerjaw
    Glacian
    Sammael
    Singe
    Blackbeard's Nefarious Hooks
    Maul of Ollerus
    Ker'shal Septer
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 04-19-2014 at 03:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Current Drops:

Mythic​:
    Helms
    Armors
    Amulets
    Ring

Arcane:
    Shard
    Hammerjaw
    Glacian
    Sammael
    Singe
    No weapons?
    stranger danger
    AL: Lovingly
    PL: Pollasauce, Whatachamp L35

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pollasauce View Post
    No weapons?
    Hey lov! It's me Faked!

Yeah, no weapons I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

All mythic and arcane items that have ever been released still drop from locked crates with the exception of level 31 & 36 mythic weapons which were both limited time releases and have since been discontinued.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:1595047
    All mythic and arcane items that have ever been released still drop from locked crates with the exception of level 31 & 36 mythic weapons which were both limited time releases and have since been discontinued.
    Hooks are Discontinued in locked crates.
    Credits to Iady

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Ok so the arcane maul/staff still drop? Just making sure. Also I'm pretty sure the mythic pets are dc'd, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Hooks are Discontinued in locked crates.
    They are? I don't remember ever reading that in an update. When did this happen?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    They are? I don't remember ever reading that in an update. When did this happen?
    When shard was released. It was my understanding all arcane weapons were removed from locked crates. They are still lootable from their respective elite golden chests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    When shard was released. It was my understanding all arcane weapons were removed from locked crates. They are still lootable from their respective elite golden chests.
    I know that's not true because Zeus looted a kershal after the expansion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I can't locate anything in the announcement section saying that hooks, maul or kershal were removed from crates.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    I can't locate anything in the announcement section saying that hooks, maul or kershal were removed from crates.
    Yeah they still drop from crates. But seriously, I'm starting to lose sight of what this expansion can still give us. We're already making decent times for elite using outdated mythic items with the exception armor/helm. With the decreasing price of the elite pinks everyday, what are we supposed to make of the mid season itemization? The magma sets will become junk like the architect sets making end game farming unprofitable. I hope STS has an ace up their sleeve other than releasing event armors or new mythic amulets/rings/weapons. Making such items would kill the point of running elites.

My suggestion is to rather add the complementary counterpart to elite drops instead. Sword and shield for warrior, gun for sorc, and bow for rogue. At least that will enhance elites rather than nerfing it so early like in shuyal.
    Last edited by Kakashis; 04-19-2014 at 01:30 AM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

For so far i know kershal and maul are still lootable
    let the kick and the bass be your m*fcking guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Yeah they still drop from crates. But seriously, I'm starting to lose sight of what this expansion can still give us. We're already making decent times for elite using outdated mythic items with the exception armor/helm. With the decreasing price of the elite pinks everyday, what are we supposed to make of the mid season itemization? The magma sets will become junk like the architect sets making end game farming unprofitable. I hope STS has an ace up their sleeve other than releasing event armors or new mythic amulets/rings/weapons. Making such items would kill the point of running elites.

My suggestion is to rather add the complementary counterpart to elite drops instead. Sword and shield for warrior, gun for sorc, and bow for rogue. At least that will enhance elites rather than nerfing it so early like in shuyal.
    I'm guessing we will see more than just a few additional items added to existing dungeons. I think it may be a mini-expansion similar to what we had in season 3 when two additional dungeons and the kraken mines were added along with some new gear (Firesquid staff & Fangmaster rings). I'm thinking they are going to do something like this, and will probably add some sort of new mythics to the mix.

As for making the magma items worthless, I think that is the new itemization strategy going forward -- there will be new and better gear released every couple of months for the foreseeable future. So that will actually keep elite farming interesting. What made elite farming worthless last season was that the Hellish and later on the Tarlok items were not lootable from the elite maps. I think the new gear released this season will be lootable in the elite maps.

So if you are worried about buying end game gear and having it lose its value in a couple of months, then you are never going to have the best gear and will never be able to succeed in PvP or in other areas. The idea is to keep things interesting by always having paths to upgrade your gear instead of buying one set of gear and having it be the best for the next year. That is what killed the previous expansion.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 04-19-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I'm guessing we will see more than just a few additional items added to existing dungeons. I think it may be a mini-expansion similar to what we had in season 3 when two additional dungeons and the kraken mines were added along with some new gear (Firesquid staff & Fangmaster rings). I'm thinking they are going to do something like this, and will probably add some sort of new mythics to the mix.

As for making the magma items worthless, I think that is the new itemization strategy going forward -- there will be new and better gear released every couple of months for the foreseeable future. So that will actually keep elite farming interesting. What made elite farming worthless last season was that the Hellish and later on the Tarlok items were not lootable from the elite maps. I think the new gear released this season will be lootable in the elite maps.

So if you are worried about buying end game gear and having it lose its value in a couple of months, then you are never going to have the best gear and will never be able to succeed in PvP or in other areas. The idea is to keep things interesting by always having paths to upgrade your gear instead of buying one set of gear and having it be the best for the next year. That is what killed the previous expansion.
    Yes as long as the new gears drop from elite and not from doing normal pumpkin or portal running. I don't pvp at end game so I've never been fully best of the best equipped. If elite maps still drop the same items but there's a hellish or tarlok equivalent, then elites will become pointless. Same if they only give us op locked crate mythics. Run times will be cut short making items worth less with market flooding as well as the desire to buy them to not be there (demand drops). In the game to date, there's never been the counterpart weapon to drop from elite. Usually those are the weapons of choice.

Even archon rings aren't that great this season and almost the same as last season's.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

All weapons are still lootable. Guildie looted hooks the other day.

The only things that are not lootable are the mythic weapons, all mythic eggs and the Whim Egg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Yes as long as the new gears drop from elite and not from doing normal pumpkin or portal running. I don't pvp at end game so I've never been fully best of the best equipped. If elite maps still drop the same items but there's a hellish or tarlok equivalent, then elites will become pointless. Same if they only give us op locked crate mythics. Run times will be cut short making items worth less with market flooding as well as the desire to buy them to not be there (demand drops). In the game to date, there's never been the counterpart weapon to drop from elite. Usually those are the weapons of choice.

Even archon rings aren't that great this season and almost the same as last season's.
    I agree. Do keep in mind that mythic and arcane also can be found in elite golden chests, so they don't only come in locked crates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Lv 31 myth weapon is discontinued?

Sorry my English

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali:1596147
    All weapons are still lootable. Guildie looted hooks the other day.

The only things that are not lootable are the mythic weapons, all mythic eggs and the Whim Egg.
    The answer is here. Thanks keikali.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uikuha:1596219
    Lv 31 myth weapon is discontinued?

Sorry my English
    Yes.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Orageunas For This Useful Post: