Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Largest Gold Giveaway! Ever!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

AvidLegend, I closed your kickstarter thread because there is no way a kickstarter would work. It is a very noble idea, and I told you we were very touched, and we appreciate the sentiment.

We've explained, at length, and many many times why we are putting our development efforts forward instead of creating additional content for PL.

It is why we are surviving as a business, and why we can continue to run PL.

I love that you are so passionate about our game, and I hope you don't leave, but I understand your reasoning if you do.

All the best,

- Gary
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    AvidLegend, I closed your kickstarter thread because there is no way a kickstarter would work. It is a very noble idea, and I told you we were very touched, and we appreciate the sentiment.

We've explained, at length, and many many times why we are putting our development efforts forward instead of creating additional content for PL.

It is why we are surviving as a business, and why we can continue to run PL.

I love that you are so passionate about our game, and I hope you don't leave, but I understand your reasoning if you do.

All the best,

- Gary
    If what fluffnstuff added to this thread is true about you already having 3rd party backing that influences where you can and cannot spend their money then I understand your position completely. It's not 100% up to you. However if the company is financed purely by in app purchases then that is where my dilemma stands. Considering I searched to see if I could invest in your company's stock and could not find it leads me to believe if you do have private funding they came to you after your initial releases of your first three games and probably pushed for a game that had all the benefits with a few of their own twists *cough cough AL* and that is what your company did to survive. But with the lack of information provided about the finances of STS it's hard to tell.

That being said. I still have to leave because there is nothing left to do in this game and I can't for the life of me get invested in another one of the STS games for fear the same outcome would happen. I'm going to move on to ESO on console if it comes out because of the faith I have in Bethesda as a company. It's nothing personal against STS, but unfortunately I don't foresee a change in PL or the development of a future game I can comfortably be committed to. I stayed as long as I could and will sign in from time to time, but I can't even spend the 3000 plat I have at the moment because I'm no longer leveling, have no need to farm for wealth, and refuse to fill my inventory with recolored or renamed vanities. So I can't contribute financially anymore or receive benefit myself. But I'll keep watch in the forums from time to time and see what the future brings. I secretly hope for the downfall of AL because in my opinion it is what destroyed PL.

I remember the day everyone signed into AL for the first time and was faced with the choice to continue playing PL or switch over and without much content the graphics alone were intriguing, but after players started spending hundreds on crates they couldn't go back because they were too invested and the content in PL just stopped coming. It was a sad week but no where close to as sad of a week as this. All my friends who I got to play PL in real life with me are watching me go with sorrow because they know it means they won't have much left either. But everyone is excited for this massive gold giveaway so at least I can have one last enjoyment from this game I am so happy that you allowed me to play.

Thank you Gary,
    You will all be missed.
    AvidLegend - lvl 76 True Legend, Scavengerhunt- lvl 76 Elite Rhino, AvidTank - lvl 76 SpankTank
    *​I'm an Avid Player of Pocket Legends*

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AvidLegend For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AvidLegend View Post
    If what fluffnstuff added to this thread is true about you already having 3rd party backing that influences where you can and cannot spend their money then I understand your position completely. It's not 100% up to you. However if the company is financed purely by in app purchases then that is where my dilemma stands. Considering I searched to see if I could invest in your company's stock and could not find it leads me to believe if you do have private funding they came to you after your initial releases of your first three games and probably pushed for a game that had all the benefits with a few of their own twists *cough cough AL* and that is what your company did to survive. But with the lack of information provided about the finances of STS it's hard to tell.

That being said. I still have to leave because there is nothing left to do in this game and I can't for the life of me get invested in another one of the STS games for fear the same outcome would happen. I'm going to move on to ESO on console if it comes out because of the faith I have in Bethesda as a company. It's nothing personal against STS, but unfortunately I don't foresee a change in PL or the development of a future game I can comfortably be committed to. I stayed as long as I could and will sign in from time to time, but I can't even spend the 3000 plat I have at the moment because I'm no longer leveling, have no need to farm for wealth, and refuse to fill my inventory with recolored or renamed vanities. So I can't contribute financially anymore or receive benefit myself. But I'll keep watch in the forums from time to time and see what the future brings. I secretly hope for the downfall of AL because in my opinion it is what destroyed PL.

I remember the day everyone signed into AL for the first time and was faced with the choice to continue playing PL or switch over and without much content the graphics alone were intriguing, but after players started spending hundreds on crates they couldn't go back because they were too invested and the content in PL just stopped coming. It was a sad week but no where close to as sad of a week as this. All my friends who I got to play PL in real life with me are watching me go with sorrow because they know it means they won't have much left either. But everyone is excited for this massive gold giveaway so at least I can have one last enjoyment from this game I am so happy that you allowed me to play.

Thank you Gary,
    You will all be missed.
    Bro Try to understand them. i speak english less than you but i see that they are not intresting on your idea. GL!
    Peace!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Default Largest Gold Giveaway! Ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Not really a quote more of a please read this JustG
    In my thread on the trader's forum a player suggested that selling black dragon legitimately, because of its high price, may be easier to accomplish by having a dev like yourself swapping the items if we both send proof of ID and confirmation of traded item(s) emails to you. Apparently it was done once a very long time ago. I'm curious if this would be possible so that I can quickly host my giveaway!

Thank you for your time and response!
    AvidLegend - lvl 76 True Legend, Scavengerhunt- lvl 76 Elite Rhino, AvidTank - lvl 76 SpankTank
    *​I'm an Avid Player of Pocket Legends*