Thread: An Interesting Debate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Default An Interesting Debate

With the lootable Rabbit Ears of 2014, the same controversy arises that happened last year.

The first Rabbit Ears were from 2012. They have no year after them, just "*insert type here* Rabbit Ears." With the onset of the 2013 Rabbit Ears, many people wondered what would happen to the prices of these originals. They were certainly rarer, but would that increase the value even though they looked the same?

So I open this thread to all you guys. With the introduction of the 2014 ears, what do you guys think will happen to the prices of the older ears? Will they raise over time? Stay the same? Go down?

**THESE ARE OPINIONS, I DON'T WANT TO SEE PEOPLE FIGHTING BECAUSE OF DIFFERENT OPINIONS**

-------------------
    Sent using spray paint on the city walls.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts

I had the original icy rabbit and when I tryed to sell it for more people kept saying it looks the same so it doesnt matter if its the original, so I guess the same price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

If they look the same, people won't care which one they are. Same thing happened to Old Man Winter - prices dropped because people could buy a 2k version of the same thing.

Prices will go down, definitely. And with enough time, will eventually equal the price of the new ones.

Those who say it cannot be done should not stop those who are doing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Whats the point of having a 2013 rabbit ear than the 2014 rabbit ear? Since they look same, so the price is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaonabiuibil:1603765
    With the lootable Rabbit Ears of 2014, the same controversy arises that happened last year.

The first Rabbit Ears were from 2012. They have no year after them, just "*insert type here* Rabbit Ears." With the onset of the 2013 Rabbit Ears, many people wondered what would happen to the prices of these originals. They were certainly rarer, but would that increase the value even though they looked the same?

So I open this thread to all you guys. With the introduction of the 2014 ears, what do you guys think will happen to the prices of the older ears? Will they raise over time? Stay the same? Go down?

**THESE ARE OPINIONS, I DON'T WANT TO SEE PEOPLE FIGHTING BECAUSE OF DIFFERENT OPINIONS**

-------------------
    Sent using spray paint on the city walls.
    look i thought of this myself but the original is the original so its more expensive even tho it looks the same it isnt it is the original so that makes the original more expesive the people who tell people it isnt are the noobs who secretly sell the original and say its worth more kinda noobish but if you have the orginal its worth more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Same thing, They look same, so nothing about rising prices...

I sincerely think that Rabbit Ears, overall, are overpriced thoough. 350k for an unwanted vanity... I say unwanted because they hardly sell (before event, and now) and because I rarely saw people wearing them before the event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws:1605426
    Same thing, They look same, so nothing about rising prices...

I sincerely think that Rabbit Ears, overall, are overpriced thoough. 350k for an unwanted vanity... I say unwanted because they hardly sell (before event, and now) and because I rarely saw people wearing them before the event.
    they are very wanted fyi and originals are more expensive and ill give an example like pokemon cards (ik not everyone has them i mean i kept mine to sell them later and yes i am a dork ._.) Would you rather have the first card made or the other copies or you can change the subject for cars like say you want this cool car, you want original or just a copy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weweepeetwo View Post
    they are very wanted fyi and originals are more expensive and ill give an example like pokemon cards (ik not everyone has them i mean i kept mine to sell them later and yes i am a dork ._.) Would you rather have the first card made or the other copies or you can change the subject for cars like say you want this cool car, you want original or just a copy
    Maybe, but for the old generation of players, or the "rich" class of SL who would be "smart" enought o buy the 5million 2012 ears from Materialsgirl

The new generation of SL players (the majority) doesn't know which are 2012 ones and the don't sell, means people don't buy them. Today, it achieved the negative milestone: 250k value

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws:1609411
    Quote Originally Posted by weweepeetwo View Post
    Maybe, but for the old generation of players, or the "rich" class of SL who would be "smart" enought o buy the 5million 2012 ears from Materialsgirl

The new generation of SL players (the majority) doesn't know which are 2012 ones and the don't sell, means people don't buy them. Today, it achieved the negative milestone: 250k value
    the originals are easy to be seen read there title its just the name without any numbers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Its entirely situation based. I know plenty of avid item hoarder/collectors that have too much money and are on the hunt for items like the originals. Just like a car collector, he's not gonna want the "look alike", he's going to spend big money on the original to gloat about it later. Yes, other people won't spend the extra on an item that looks exactly the same but unless originals start popping up in the AH selling for similar prices, I don't see them being exactly the same price as the 2014 and 2013 ones; IMHO. If you're willing to ask for the big bucks, you're going to have to be patient and find the person willing to spend the big bucks for your rare item.
    System & others love me ;] U jelly?