Thread: Considerations on Shadowlurk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy Considerations on Shadowlurk

Few days ago I bought Shadowlurk, but I was somewhat disappointed in realizing it wasn't working as expected.
    These are my stats without eq and no pets:

Name:  empty.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  40.7 KB

then I summon shadowlurk and this is what I get:

Name:  shadowlurk.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  41.2 KB

in the beginning I was happy with the +10% bonus damage, but then I realized I also gain +20 INT, and that should increase the bonus damage too. So I equipped another pet giving +20 INT without any other bonus damage (Orion in this case) and this is the result:

Name:  orion.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  41.2 KB

So the +10% bonus damage is given by the INT increase alone, and I don't get any additional bonus. The same applies when I use shadowlurk's arcane ability, which should grant an additional +10% damage, while actually...:

Name:  shadowlurk_AA.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  41.5 KB

I can only see the crit bonus, but no change in the damage bonus. I suppose the reason is that damage bonuses do not stack, something I just discovered by reading this thread:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...led-DMG-System

At this point either
    1) the way damage is handled is totally flawed and STS should fix it
    OR
    2) damage bonuses should work that way, and in this case it is the pet that should be fixed. What's the point in giving two +10 bonuses (one from happiness bonus and one from AA) when they cannot stack? And both of them could be overridden by stat bonus?

In my opinion the description of the pet is very misleading, especially because game mechanics are not stated clearly... maybe it's just me being a noob (I admit it ) but I don't think STS has given full details about how the stats and bonuses work.

What do you think about it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Yeah. They coulda thought that out a little more since the arcane's ability damage is useless except on allies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

I openly said it before. I feel scammed of 90plats and not only for this pet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

lol there are tons of countless posts about %damage and %armor already. this is a visual glitch, it doesnt show on screen doesnt mean it doesnt happen in reality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

The damage % issue has nothing to do with the stat display bug, other than being the reason nobody clued in about the stacking situation earlier.

It doesn't show on the display because it has been on the "to be fixed" list for over a year. It is supposed to be fixed in the upcoming client update.

Just a note, it is always good to check the bug section. You can find out about almost all the known issues in there.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Actually, Shadowlurks Arcane Ability will literally give you 20% damage buff but it will not show it on your stats.
    However, even though it doesn't show the increased damage, it's still there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We're talking about two different problems here...

1) the damage% not correctly shown in the statistics (but isn't this bug affecting only passive skills? http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...sive-Abilities )

2) the damage% not stacking ( http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...led-DMG-System )

now, because of 1), we can't really know if 2) influences the damage% given by shadowlurk or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dehydration View Post
    Actually, Shadowlurks Arcane Ability will literally give you 20% damage buff but it will not show it on your stats.
    This is wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dehydration View Post
    The AA is written as 10%/10% stack which in my testing DOES NOT WORK as we have learned from the other threads. The primary 10% works fine (will not show in stats of course), but the 10% from AA is ignored. The AA is effectively only the 20% crit.

I have posted this in the Technical section already but after two weeks I have yet to get so much as an acknowledgement from STS.
    Last edited by Nesox; 04-26-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nesox View Post
    The AA is written as 10%/10% stack which in my testing DOES NOT WORK as we have learned from the other threads. The primary 10% works fine (will not show in stats of course), but the 10% from AA is ignored. The AA is effectively only the 20% crit.

I have posted this in the Technical section already but after two weeks I have yet to get so much as an acknowledgement from STS.
    I see..Good to know

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk