Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: "Parking" - What it is, why its done, and is it okay - Devs Please help Clarify.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default "Parking" - What it is, why its done, and is it okay - Devs Please help Clarify.

"Parking" -

What it is:

This is a way of running a map that people have been adopting more and more. It consists of a tank or some party member aggroing mobs(generally a lot), running into a corner and dieing intentionally. They then choose to re-spawn at the beginning of the map. The mobs "stick" to the location the aforementioned person ran to and died, thus clearing the way for the entire party to pass.

Why its done:

This is done for several reasons. The most prevalent being to make the map "easier". Other reasons include attempting to finish a map faster, and just plain laziness. Most of the time parties that do this are "farming" maps for loot, and are seeking easier and faster ways to finish the map.

Is it okay:

In a word. (To me)No. This is a clear-cut example of exploiting game mechanics in a fashion not intended by the developers. Not to put words in their mouth, but I HIGHLY doubt when they were working on PVE content, they sat down and decided to make this possible so people could use it to "Park" mobs. Its very very likely a bug in itself, as in many situations the mobs would simply reset, but when grouped into a corner with a large group they ..don't. Now whether or not it is "against the rules or terms of service" ... I don't know. And would love to hear from the developers on it. It tends to bother many folks, including myself, that wish to play the game as intended, and run through the maps pulling and killing any necessary groups, and developing new strategies. However one chooses to "run a map" choosing to "park" large groups of mobs to avoid killing them is not playing the game as intended.

TO DEVELOPERS:

I am sure you guys are aware of this bug, as its been in-game as long as I've been playing. It's just recently became the "new way" to quickly and easily clear elite maps, though. My question is, especially considering the recent increase in the bugs abuse, do you guys intend to fix/change it? Many are curious. Please reply. Thank you.

DISCLAIMER: Some of this post is opinion and some is fact, have enough sense to differentiate between the two, please, and thank you.
    Last edited by eeknoh; 04-24-2014 at 08:51 AM.
    I smell bacon

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eeknoh For This Useful Post: