Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Current Spec: After Free Respec Testing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Get area in HoR. The point is to heal the party not yourself. HoR isn't designed to simply save potions. Agree, If you didnīt burn 300 pots in elite you didnīt tank

The taunt in Jugg is the weakest of any skill, in my experience Taunt all in 6m range 4 times in 15s, you can drink, take a snack or go pee :-). Additionally, I usually run with VB instead of jugg unless the map is a more difficult one (corridor and up), even then I skill swap a lot (so etimes kills me if I don't charge HoR properly). Even when I am using jugg, I am using it to survive. HoR, WM, and CS is more than enough to maintain aggro unless you are held up by pot spamming and being stunned. The usual argument (yes I know, Jirikjurasek) is that jugg solves both of these. However, jugg has a short duration and long cool down. Depends on angle of view: ratio between CD and skill duration is 3:1, same as VB, Therefore, I use it as more of a "mayday" button for when a pull gets out of hand. It is foolish, IMO, to use jugg as soon as it cool downs. Definitely Skill spamming is never suggested.

SS is a decent replacement for axe. On first attempts, I used SS instead of axe. However, the ahead power and versatility of axe in boss fights outweighs the regular maps and PvP advantage of SS for my purposes.

CS take a lot of practice. I have found that a good place to practice taunting specific mobs is the "companion contice" daily quest. You should also be aware that certain mobs will not be taunted unless CS is charged. These mobs should be the ones you make sure to "hug" with WM and HoR.
    Comments in bold (its really fine way how to quote, thanks Crow :-))

I hope that this threat will be in the top of warrior section and help to stop starting new one like "what is the best build for elite".

Its always very funny when I see post in general discussion: "I discover, that skill XY do "some really amazing thing". Every skills are already describe in this section, so read and enjoy :-)
    Last edited by Jirikjurasek; 05-14-2014 at 08:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jirikjurasek View Post
    Comments in bold (its really fine way how to quote, thanks Crow :-))

I hope that this threat will be in the top of warrior section and help to stop starting new one like "what is the best build for elite".

Its always very funny when I see post in general discussion: "I discover, that skill XY do "some really amazing thing". Every skills are already describe in this section, so read and enjoy :-)
    My problem with taunt in jugg is that I am immune to taunt when its cast. I have no problem using WM and HoR (The bread and butter taunt skills) when it is active, thus its taunt is redundant. Even then, the skill has such a long cool down that the taunt isn't a healthy thing to depend on since you won't have it for every pull. You are better off learning how to maintain aggro with 2-3 skills from the stand point that you will develop a better understanding of your skills' dynamics.

You comment on VB having a 1:3 duration to cool down ratio is false. It is 1:2 when maxed (you can upgrade duration). However, this is irrelevant to my initial point. VB isn't a taunt skill. It is helpful in taunting because of the damage buff, but it I don't rely on it for taunt. WM and HoR are, by far, the skills I depend on most for taunt. I have been using CS as a check skill to feeble archers recently with beneficial results.

PS: I stole the "response in bold" idea from Falmear. It really is effective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

My problem with taunt in jugg is that I am immune to taunt when its cast. I have no problem using WM and HoR (The bread and butter taunt skills) when it is active, thus its taunt is redundant. Even then, the skill has such a long cool down that the taunt isn't a healthy thing to depend on since you won't have it for every pull. You are better off learning how to maintain aggro with 2-3 skills from the stand point that you will develop a better understanding of your skills' dynamics. This was reason why I stop playing rogue last season. Everyone use build SS,WM,VB,HoR, however with shield and no glaive and think they can keep aggro as well. They really donīt. In most situation you are fine with 3 taunts, but there are many situations, where jugg is very effective. Before resspecting I sometimes try VB and didnīt notice some difference in run speed, but I missed jugg in case when someone has mistakenly pull another group. I believe then YOU are able to keep aggro effective, but the most tanks with shields I ever seen not :-(

You comment on VB having a 1:3 duration to cool down ratio is false. It is 1:2 when maxed (you can upgrade duration) CD 25s, duration with upgrade 8s ==> 3:1 +-, RL has 12s duration . However, this is irrelevant to my initial point. VB isn't a taunt skill. It is helpful in taunting because of the damage buff, but it I don't rely on it for taunt . WM and HoR are, by far, the skills I depend on most for taunt. I have been using CS as a check skill to feeble archers recently with beneficial results.

PS: I stole the "response in bold" idea from Falmear. It really is effective.
    <--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

1) I was using a shield weapon since season 2. I only got the glaive in season 5 and held aggro fine. I never had a pavise.
    -I highly encourage mobs practice tanking on easier maps. Elite oltgar is a wonderful map to hone your use of aggro skills.
    -You always pull that glaive card. I sold it a month ago so you may as well stop.

2) I dislike that many tanks use jugg as a crutch YOU may be able to use it masterfully, however I have never run with you and can't say. I can say that many tanks rely on jugg to the point tht they are amazing tanks while active and absolute trash when it isn't. I would much rather see a tank be able to survive without jugg and then add the skill to his arsenal. The result is a superb tank with a fantastic spec. Unfortunately, many tanks powerlevel in WT4 and miss out on the practice many of us got by playing for multiple seasons. Many times, more so recently than ever before, I have been geting personal messages from NEW tanks that have found my advice extremely helpful. Since the overwhelming majority are new tanks I will stay firm on my position.
    -VB is the best buff skill in game. As such, it should be taken full advantage of even if you are only comfortable using it at boss fights.

3) I know the math on VB, but cast it charged and watch you status bar. The effects of VB wear off when VB is half way cooled down. It is why I can get 2 charged WMs off per cast of VB.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Just wanna share my experience hehehe, wish it help ^^

I use 5 skills too:
    - SS (without mana restore)
    - HoR (without taunt)
    - VB (full)
    - Jugg (without taunt)
    - CS (without upgrade 4,5)

For harder elite maps i prefer use always SS, VB, Jugg, and HoR. You may be wait longer for Jugg cooldown, but you can cast VB sooner than Jugg, when VB cooldown again, use Jugg again, so your HP always boost ^^
    I don't take the taunt because if I taunt enemies, that enemies would be harder to come to our elite friends skills suchs as trap, bomb, and clock.
    So without taunt we can make mobs chase us by hit with charged SS and hit them with sword.
    The another skills spending for full STR, DEX, INT, and Crit. So you get high stats and crit too.
    Last edited by Kreasadriii; 05-18-2014 at 03:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kreasadriii View Post
    Just wanna share my experience hehehe, wish it help ^^

I use 5 skills too:
    - SS (without mana restore)
    - HoR (without taunt)
    - VB (full)
    - Jugg (without taunt)
    - CS (without upgrade 4,5)

For harder elite maps i prefer use always SS, VB, Jugg, and HoR. You may be wait longer for Jugg cooldown, but you can cast VB sooner than Jugg, when VB cooldown again, use Jugg again, so your HP always boost ^^
    I don't take the taunt because if I taunt enemies, that enemies would be harder to come to our elite friends skills suchs as trap, bomb, and clock.
    So without taunt we can make mobs chase us by hit with charged SS and hit them with sword.
    The another skills spending for full STR, DEX, INT, and Crit. So you get high stats and crit too.
    ... The whole point of warriors is to hold aggro and not die. In hard elite you should use jugg, if you had taunt skills. Without taunt you are just killing your party members.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

hey crow, why this thread isn't sticky? its over a month now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    hey crow, why this thread isn't sticky? its over a month now.
    It only applies to this season, I made one last season and no one even posted on it (I think the pictures are what got this one attention).

Honestly, I don't know how a thread becomes a sticky. I haven't requested it to be, nor do I plan to, if that is at all relevant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

It only applies to this season, I made one last season and no one even posted on it (I think the pictures are what got this one attention).

Honestly, I don't know how a thread becomes a sticky. I haven't requested it to be, nor do I plan to, if that is at all relevant.
    this one is awesme warrior skill and setup discussion. it should be sticky. I will request mods.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

We should really have a general "ask your noob warrior questions here there thread" stickied so that people can ask their questions there instead of cluttering up the forums with the same question over and over again...

and a bit on topic, I'm finding myself not using VB at all in tindirin. I used to activate Jugg and switch to VB during cool down but find myself doing it less and less. Not sure about you guys, but there's one particular park that is IMPOSSIBLE for me to survive without have Jugg and a speed pet to get me through. On the times I did try without one or the other, i never made it...

I'm definitely having great success with CS/WM/Jugg/HoR, and the only real benefit from VB is the mana gain for me, so i'd rather spam a few pots than risk dying on the occasional fail switch that might happen.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

well Hector.this depend on ur own playstyle. VB is map specific.
    where there is low mob density and also mobs having less hp then VB is good. I use VB in 1st, 3rd and 4th.

jugg and vb and horn combo is must to run through tht narrow passage in jagged trail. and u need speed pet too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    We should really have a general "ask your noob warrior questions here there thread" stickied so that people can ask their questions there instead of cluttering up the forums with the same question over and over again...
    http:// http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ighbor-(elite)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Guys I need a respec
    Because I frget to respec my current testing skills in last free resepec weekend....
    Btw I m doing great with it...
    Just ussing 4 active skills..
    Ss, vb, hor, and jugger..
    In passive dmg, armor, str, and mana and 1 point to dex...
    It dosent look cool but it gives me 80+hp..
    And with passive armor
    +jugger I feel immortel in every map...
    Just some bosses can take u down when your skills are on cool down....
    The most hard bosses can take u down in 1 shot if u r not ussing good skills are...
    Tindrin...
    1st map eassy
    2nd yup its hard if u dont dodge the red area troll can take u in 1 shot.
    3rd map same dodge ..
    And make a combination of dragon attack and your hor...
    Charge and release your hor when he attack shield will save you for 2 secs...
    4th map caves is my fav. Map...
    Eassy with good party..
    Just use armor and hp pet in front of boss spider because she cqn also take u in 1 shot...
    Just I dont know so much about last maps...
    Because I was run both of them....a few times....
    So.....

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

And axe is hardly recomnded for last boss redantail

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by warriorromio View Post
    Guys I need a respec
    Because I frget to respec my current testing skills in last free resepec weekend....
    Btw I m doing great with it...
    Just ussing 4 active skills..
    Ss, vb, hor, and jugger..
    In passive dmg, armor, str, and mana and 1 point to dex...
    It dosent look cool but it gives me 80+hp..
    And with passive armor
    +jugger I feel immortel in every map...
    Just some bosses can take u down when your skills are on cool down....
    The most hard bosses can take u down in 1 shot if u r not ussing good skills are...
    Tindrin...
    1st map eassy
    2nd yup its hard if u dont dodge the red area troll can take u in 1 shot.
    3rd map same dodge ..
    And make a combination of dragon attack and your hor...
    Charge and release your hor when he attack shield will save you for 2 secs...
    4th map caves is my fav. Map...
    Eassy with good party..
    Just use armor and hp pet in front of boss spider because she cqn also take u in 1 shot...
    Just I dont know so much about last maps...
    Because I was run both of them....a few times....
    So.....

*enter key* x 1000

---

Sorry, I'm confused as to what you are trying to say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

And axe is hardly recomnded for last boss redantail

Axe is the strongest single target taunt skill in game.

However, being as how retail doesn't move (or attack anyone) you obviously don't need axe. I usually keep my tanking map and spoam ribbit (well, can't spam after the update) while I wait for the eggs to hatch. You can reach him with axe so you may want to use it but a tank really isn't speeding up the fight mypuch by chucking one low damage attack every once in awhile.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Sorry was drunk bro
    I also dont know what I have written lolz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Sorry was drunk bro
    I also dont know what I have written lolz

Lmfao, *friend request sent*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Axe is the strongest single target taunt skill in game.

However, being as how retail doesn't move (or attack anyone) you obviously don't need axe. I usually keep my tanking map and spoam ribbit (well, can't spam after the update) while I wait for the eggs to hatch. You can reach him with axe so you may want to use it but a tank really isn't speeding up the fight mypuch by chucking one low damage attack every once in awhile.
    how u spam ribbit? it effects last 3sec and CD is 7sec and one can wait 4sec.
    didn't understood ur ribbit spam (before update)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I like horn 3 jug 3 wind 3 chest 2, people will hate you for it though )