Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Major damage bug on warrior gear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Just to demonstrate it not damage/dps issue, here is maul vs Entombed warfare lvl 40 screens:
    maul:
    Name:  maul.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  265.6 KB
    Entombed warfare lvl 40:
    Name:  entombed.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  249.5 KB
    maul vs entombed stats:
    Name:  maul vs ent.PNG
Views: 444
Size:  558.3 KB

As you can see maul is better in every single stat, but somehow the skill damage on maul is higher!
    So please explain to me how on earth when i loose 138 damage with entombed my skills damage go up?????
    Last edited by mitno; 04-27-2014 at 07:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    It's not random explanations, it is confirmed from a developer from way back in PL. Search the forums; your join date is April 2013. That is 3 years of data that you missed out on.

This is not something new at all and honestly, I thought it was known already.
    One thing that should be apparent is that arcane legends is not pocket legends. This is the exact same logic when used to explain rerolls but yet we found out it doesn't work the same as pocket legends. So now you say there are 3 stats and one is basically invisible

1. Damage
    2. DPS
    3. Invisible skill damage stat

And when i invisible I mean doesn't show up on the avatar or show stats. So tell us what stat calculates skill damage. Because everyone else seems to think it is #1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The funny thing is that we always thought that damage determines skills damage while dps determines auto attack damage.
    If you compare claymore (more dps) against Entombed (more damage) you will see that Claymore actually yield more skills damage than Entombed.

Something is fishy here...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shatrio View Post
    I after tes Fight with My fren 1 vs 1. Helm, armor, ring and amulet same (no pet). I used Maul and he use bonesaw. Normal attck Maul hit 386 and Bonesaw hit 423. With charge Maul hit 439 and bonesaw hit 512. Sorry my enghlis.
    They both have a wide range of damage, so I think that's a bit inconclusive.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

@Falmear

Skill Damage Factors:
    • Damage
    • DPS/Weapon Type
    • Item Level

How to determine this:

Compare weapons! For example? Bonechill bow vs. Mythic Bow...or Razorbacks vs. Mountain Teeth. In my testing, the higher damage weapon of the same weapon type had the higher skill damage.

Next up, we have DPS! Example? L31 Entombed Hammer of Warfare vs L31 Storm Sword of Potency. Higher skill damage goes to Storm Sword of Potency. Also, if possible, keep the item types the same to reduce variance. If you do see a discrepancy, it's most likely due to the "of" suffix. The same is also true for the recurve vs. magmatic blades. The blades have higher DPS, so they get higher skill damage.

Item level! Example? L31 Mountain Teeth vs L35 Mountain Teeth. Both of these weapons are of the same "of" suffix and the attack damage loss is -30 when equipping the L31 one. Yet, on the skill damage page, the L31 Mountain Teeth has a skill damage loss of 50+. In order to compare further, compare a L30 Entombed Hammer of Warfare to a L35 Entombed Hammer of Warfare.

I think this is the closest that we can get to an explanation without a developer themselves commenting which is something I do not expect them to do because we all know how rare it is for them to explain inner workings of the game (rightfully so! I like figuring it out so it doesn't become common knowledge to everybody. Remember, knowledge is power).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Devourer maul of potency vs Architect blade of assault - both with 2 normal blood gems

This is differences across gear types, as well as 1 non-elite level, with gear that is 4/5 levels below my character. It is possible this scales in any number of ways, and these are all legendary so cross-rarity is not applicable. However, this proves (in actual warrior gear) that the concept is correct. A blade gives higher skill damage than a hammer weapon, even when the stat damage displayed is significantly higher on the maul.

Cross Type & Same Level

Level 36 Dev Maul > has 27.1 MORE stat damage than 36 Architect Blade
    Level 35 Dev Maul > has 26.5 MORE stat damage than 35 Architect Blade

Both level 35 and 36 Dev Maul < have 2 LESS skill damage than Architect Blade of the same levels

Cross Level same Type

Level 36 Dev Maul has 6.4 more stat damage than the level 35 Dev Maul
    The 36 Architect Blade of Assault has 5.8 more stat damage than 35 Architect Blade

The skill damage is 9 more on the 36 than the 35 for both weapons

Cross Level & Type

The 35 Maul of Potency has 20.7 higher stat damage than 36 architect of assault

The 35 Maul of Potency is 10 lower in skill damage than the 36 architect of assault
    Last edited by Serancha; 04-27-2014 at 11:01 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post

Cross Type & Same Level

Both level 35 and 36 Dev Maul < have 2 LESS skill damage than Architect Blade of the same levels
    So in addition to the news that weapon lvl effect the skill damage, we also confirmed that the "damage=skill; dps= regular attack" theory is wrong too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mitno View Post
    So in addition to the news that weapon lvl effect the skill damage, we also confirmed that the "damage=skill; dps= regular attack" theory is wrong too
    Correct. This is another reason that we should never listen to the nefarious "everyone". That guy doesn't know as much as he thinks. Also it proves that tests done in season 1 & 2 should never be used as a rule of thumb in season 6. Much has changed.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Devourer maul of potency vs Architect blade of assault - both with 2 normal blood gems

This is differences across gear types, as well as 1 non-elite level, with gear that is 4/5 levels below my character. It is possible this scales in any number of ways, and these are all legendary so cross-rarity is not applicable. However, this proves (in actual warrior gear) that the concept is correct. A blade gives higher skill damage than a hammer weapon, even when the stat damage displayed is significantly higher on the maul.

Cross Type & Same Level

Cross Level same Type

Level 36 Dev Maul has 6.4 more stat damage than the level 35 Dev Maul
    The 36 Architect Blade of Assault has 5.8 more stat damage than 35 Architect Blade

The skill damage is 9 more on the 36 than the 35 for both weapons

Cross Level & Type

The 35 Maul of Potency has 20.7 higher stat damage than 36 architect of assault

The 35 Maul of Potency is 10 lower in skill damage than the 36 architect of assault
    Thanks Sera!

I've encountered something strange though...compare the expedition recurve to the expedition bow. The damage difference is 1.5 on the STAT page, but skill damage difference is around 4.

What is your theory?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

That's what I mean by it having the potential to scale in any number of ways.

The difference on rogue and mage weapons generally goes up and down with the stat damage, but not by the same amounts. Like +12 stat damage / +19 skill damage when going from the totem to the gun. (But then the totem has such a sexy proc, who cares about damage :P ). I've noticed similar oddities in rogue weapons of all types.

This maul / sword thing seems to be part of the basic game design, although class-specific to warrior.

I think rogues have something different, however it is not really relevant or worth looking into this season, since the magmatic blades and expedition / raiding bows are almost identical in both stat and skill. We will need to remember to watch for it in future gear though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Correct. This is another reason that we should never listen to the nefarious "everyone". That guy doesn't know as much as he thinks. Also it proves that tests done in season 1 & 2 should never be used as a rule of thumb in season 6. Much has changed.
    in this case what the hell is DPS????? and what is damage good for?????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Apparently it is different for each class time for warriors to start testing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I think this anomaly is something similar as the mage guns, the crate guns got lower auto attack than the store guns despite the better dmg and dps stats, as i discovered long time ago in my signature thread. A bit annoying that need to look after everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Is anyone up for making a weapons comparison thread with me for items currently used at end game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

This has been brought up in the past in both Hali's thread and a few random ones but no one paid much attention:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89787
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?113463

Skill-damage seems to be solely dependent on the main attribute of each class (on the process of testing further). Makes you wonder, what exactly does the "Damage" in one's profile page actually reflect..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Skill-damage seems to be solely dependent on the main attribute of each class (on the process of testing further). Makes you wonder, what exactly does the "Damage" in one's profile page actually reflect..
    And apparently the lvl of the weapon

As far as damage goes, assuming dps actually reflects normal attack, reflects mainly the awsomness of your weapon and its price
    Last edited by mitno; 04-27-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    This has been brought up in the past in both Hali's thread and a few random ones but no one paid much attention:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89787
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?113463

No need to test, I actually forgot about this but a developer has confirmed that skill damage is also based off your attributes.

Wondering if someone can test this for me:
    I've always wondered why heal would be based off of damage, not attribute points here as people claim. Can someone test the healing capabilities of a +18 glaive versus a +15 maul? The strength difference is 0, so theoretically, the health should be the same if AL is following the same systems for healing. It's easy to think that it was the damage increase that cause heal to go up, but it actually might be the same system like other legend titles and that healing is based on attributes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mitno View Post
    Just to demonstrate it not damage/dps issue, here is maul vs Entombed warfare lvl 40 screens:
    maul:
    Name:  maul.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  265.6 KB
    Entombed warfare lvl 40:
    Name:  entombed.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  249.5 KB
    maul vs entombed stats:
    Name:  maul vs ent.PNG
Views: 444
Size:  558.3 KB

As you can see maul is better in every single stat, but somehow the skill damage on maul is higher!
    So please explain to me how on earth when i loose 138 damage with entombed my skills damage go up?????
    This one is the best example IMO, can any of the devs shed some light regarding this please

PS. That lvl40 entombed aint even full-gemmed, and it trashes the mauls damage range

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

it deff is the bug it doesnt make sense that "level" of weapon should affect the skill damage presented thats just nonsense LOL
    ur talking like what mitno said around 20 dmg increase per level? thats ridiculous lol but im also not surprise if DEVS purposely do that
    so that old weapons would expire aka maul / arcantestaff .. because i know for a fact that maul will remain pretty much the highest damage even in lvl 46- possible lvl51
    its always gonna be somewhat +100 dmg unless they pull out another weapon that tops maul
    Last edited by inkredible; 04-27-2014 at 09:38 PM.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    No need to test, I actually forgot about this but a developer has confirmed that skill damage is also based off your attributes.

Wondering if someone can test this for me:
    I've always wondered why heal would be based off of damage, not attribute points here as people claim. Can someone test the healing capabilities of a +18 glaive versus a +15 maul? The strength difference is 0, so theoretically, the health should be the same if AL is following the same systems for healing. It's easy to think that it was the damage increase that cause heal to go up, but it actually might be the same system like other legend titles and that healing is based on attributes.
    attributes meaning passives etc? lol doesnt make sense still because technically speaking he got the same "attributes" and dps shouldnt increase damage skill

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours