Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I challenge *you*!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Mages have over 100% critical, so we tested on a bear (me) the ability of a mage (gaunub) to hit through a bear's dodge. The results were roughly the same unbuffed or buffed on 100 attacks with a 2-3% difference at most.
    Ok, but explain to me why my repulse shot gets dodged when my crit is low and hits much more reliably when my crit is high. There's a lot to take into consideration. For example, there could be some kind of cap on crit, or even on dodge. Or perhaps there are certain codes written into armor sets themselves. Like I said, it's my firm belief that there are many hidden mechanics in the game and I don't think one simple test can disprove a theory with such a substantial amount of evidence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah:1625005
    Mages have over 100% critical, so we tested on a bear (me) the ability of a mage (gaunub) to hit through a bear's dodge. The results were roughly the same unbuffed or buffed on 100 attacks with a 2-3% difference at most.
    Ok, but explain to me why my repulse shot gets dodged when my crit is low and hits much more reliably when my crit is high. There's a lot to take into consideration. For example, there could be some kind of cap on crit, or even on dodge. Or perhaps there are certain codes written into armor sets themselves. Like I said, it's my firm belief that there are many hidden mechanics in the game and I don't think one simple test can disprove a theory with such a substantial amount of evidence.
    It's been considered that there is a hit% cap, and no one has proven otherwise. If you look at Psychologic's tests and data, you can find that there is a "hit cap" around 85%. The crit you see in your stat bar is the % of crits you hit/hit% (/ = ratio bar).
    For example, let's say you have a hit% of 100, and you test how many times you hit on an opponent that has 0 dodge. Considering the hit cap, you'll only hit 85 times. Then, you take your crit% and multiply the percent by 85, and you get the # of times you crit.
    ya YEET

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Laar View Post
    It's been considered that there is a hit% cap, and no one has proven otherwise. If you look at Psychologic's tests and data, you can find that there is a "hit cap" around 85%. The crit you see in your stat bar is the % of crits you hit/hit% (/ = ratio bar).
    For example, let's say you have a hit% of 100, and you test how many times you hit on an opponent that has 0 dodge. Considering the hit cap, you'll only hit 85 times. Then, you take your crit% and multiply the percent by 85, and you get the # of times you crit.
    Hmmm this one sounds even more fishy to me. Where can I find this guide? I'd love to do some testing of my own.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Hmmm this one sounds even more fishy to me. Where can I find this guide? I'd love to do some testing of my own.
    Physiologics guide to the Advance Mechanics of PL. Even though made at 56 cap, its very useful.
    Go to bird discussion, go to his guide on birds, which is stickied, then look in his signature for it.

I don't all of PL mechanics, I know a lot, but some im not very familiar with, such as crit. Ive never actually cared for crit much, nor do I know about it. As far as we know, there is not a cap on crit or dodge.
    Only testing I have done on crit is at endgame. Fiery mages have a lot of crit buffed, birds have decent dodge buffed, bears and pallies have a lot of dodge, yet the int mage is unable to hit successfully on them.
    @Laar: If I remember correctly, hit cap is more at 100.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Caiahar For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

A weird thing that happens to me a lot at endgame is that my pure dex bird (with like 170% hit) actually misses sometimes, but not miss as if I was out of range, it actually says "miss" and sometimes happens twice in a row. There's just no single debuff that'd get my hit below 100% so I'm pretty confused right now.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Man man man what a derail lol.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sus View Post
    Sus come to 51 please. Im going back there too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sus View Post
    I know right! It's ok, I love discussions about mechanics. Mostly because I'm a nerd haha

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    Sus come to 51 please. Im going back there too
    For real? Dude I'm so glad! Add me!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Sus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

I know right! It's ok, I love discussions about mechanics. Mostly because I'm a nerd haha

For real? Dude I'm so glad! Add me!
    I am, but im trying to decide between a mage or bird.
    Maybe mage, because I don't have one over 50, and I have a 35 mage that I can level.
    Im taking birds into consideration, my only bird above 50 is 75, and it would be helpful to play at a balanced level to learn a bit more about them. Already got a 22 bird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FortalWao:1625093
    A weird thing that happens to me a lot at endgame is that my pure dex bird (with like 170% hit) actually misses sometimes, but not miss as if I was out of range, it actually says "miss" and sometimes happens twice in a row. There's just no single debuff that'd get my hit below 100% so I'm pretty confused right now.
    Look at Psychologics guide about the advanced mechanics of PL. He's concluded that there is a hit cap at around 85%.
    ya YEET

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Luck...or self comforting.

If you want to set a new standard, you'll need to bring back proofs with accurate results.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Are you sure its that your opponent dodging the repulse instead of you missing repulse? Because now focus at 6 gives (I believe) 22 hit% which is not enough to bring a 51 RS/FF warbird to 130% hit. This means if you opponent lands a 30% hit debuff, you are capable of missing some of your skills. It might appear that you hit more because of the crit from Focus, but I think it is the hit% buff that does the work.

If that is not the case, then I believe the evidence we have so far is inconclusive. You cannot argue for something from pure speculation or the belief that there are "hidden mechanics". In the same way, I could argue that wearing only a weapon is better than wearing a full set because I managed to get a kill or two more w/o armor than w/ armor due to something called luck.

I'm not mocking you or outright saying that your are wrong but from a scientific perspective, you don't have enough data to validate your statement.

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IGN Storm View Post
    Because now focus at 6 gives (I believe) 22 hit%
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1399353332299.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  29.9 KB
    Yes sir

hai doods

16. The Following User Says Thank You to synfullmagic_23110 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

doesnt 6repulse knock back slightly even if it is dodge or is tht just me ?
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burningdex:1626306
    It's just u
    ya YEET

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

MightyMicah! Use focus and evasion, followed up with break armor! Dodge the blind, use root, THAN FINISH HIM OFF WITH A CRUEL BLAST!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IGN Storm View Post
    Are you sure its that your opponent dodging the repulse instead of you missing repulse? Because now focus at 6 gives (I believe) 22 hit% which is not enough to bring a 51 RS/FF warbird to 130% hit. This means if you opponent lands a 30% hit debuff, you are capable of missing some of your skills. It might appear that you hit more because of the crit from Focus, but I think it is the hit% buff that does the work.

If that is not the case, then I believe the evidence we have so far is inconclusive. You cannot argue for something from pure speculation or the belief that there are "hidden mechanics". In the same way, I could argue that wearing only a weapon is better than wearing a full set because I managed to get a kill or two more w/o armor than w/ armor due to something called luck.

I'm not mocking you or outright saying that your are wrong but from a scientific perspective, you don't have enough data to validate your statement.
    From a scientific perspective I have more proof than physiologic ever had because I've played longer than he did and amassed more and more evidence for this theory over time. My argument isn't that there are "hidden mechanics." Which, by the way, people scoffed and laughed when I claimed that the range mechanics had changed and that while advancing forward your range is increased and while retreating back your range is decreased. Now people have accepted this as true. I believe my experience with crit is no different. However, I will try and produce some more substantial evidence since experience isn't enough for anyone but me.

Luck...or self comforting.

If you want to set a new standard, you'll need to bring back proofs with accurate results.
    I'm not sure if you're trying to make me look silly, or to insult me, or neither one. Regardless, I'll try and keep tabs on some battles. I'll maybe get a friend to do some testing with also. This isn't luck or self comforting. This is something that has helped me beat player after player by analyzing the equipment they're wearing. This is something that I've treated as law and it has payed off every time. As far as I'm concerned, I have proofs with accurate results. But, as I said, I'll try and keep tabs on them a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Burningdex View Post
    As far as I'm aware, it does not.
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 05-06-2014 at 08:53 AM.

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    MightyMicah! Use focus and evasion, followed up with break armor! Dodge the blind, use root, THAN FINISH HIM OFF WITH A CRUEL BLAST!!!
    That's what I do :$

hai doods

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

@fortal here's the math 170-60% of 170 = 68 hence miss, its not weird

@micah For the same reason as ign Strom also mentioned getting hit debuff may lead ur opponent to dodge more hence u may noticed it (having more crit in general not everytime also specify having more dex/hit)

And I think u did not claim about DAT range mechanism I said that several time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I'm not sure if you're trying to make me look silly, or to insult me, or neither one. Regardless, I'll try and keep tabs on some battles. I'll maybe get a friend to do some testing with also. This isn't luck or self comforting. This is something that has helped me beat player after player by analyzing the equipment they're wearing. This is something that I've treated as law and it has payed off every time. As far as I'm concerned, I have proofs with accurate results. But, as I said, I'll try and keep tabs on them a little more.
    Neither, neither, and neither. I just want proof on claims, because the one thing that I find annoying is people making claims without proof to back them up. This then becomes into the PL "facts" that I like to call folklore.

I thought the same thing as you, but when I did the tests, Gaunab proved me wrong. So, I'd really like to see why there is a difference in your case.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post: