Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: To sts, subject; commitment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default To sts, subject; commitment

To whom it may concern,
    Ive been thinking, about actually continuing this game as a kinda enjoy it, I recently came into a lil bit of money and can actually afford to pay. One issue im having is when I was addicted to pocket legends I was paying quite a bit on platinum (more than I could really afford) under the impression that pl was planned to lvl 100cap, (you guys stated that, not me) with that being said I play in fear of getting further hooked and invested emotionally and to have the carpet pulled from under me(like in pl) would be devastating. Im just curious if you guys have any road map as to where you think al will be going? I dont wanna get abandoned like the last game. Im not looking for any concrete answers, just something to let me know what I can expect. Some kind of answer will be much appreciated thanks.
    Ps sry for grammatical errors and or statements, no one is perfect.
    Long time sts supporter
    Z

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Seems like AL is going a long way. IMO, I would invest money into this game, seeing as how this game's incubation period has been longer than the others.

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Hey Z, we totally appreciate your position.

We've explained many times why most of our MMO efforts are going into AL instead of the other three Legends games. We've also explained that we are experimenting with new types games, and will continue to do so. We need to do so!

Right now we have two lines of business, the Legends and the Battle games.

Arcane is the pinnacle of our Legends games (although Pocket will always be most dear).

We are not planning any new MMOs for quite some time, so we will continue to expand upon Arcane for the foreseeable future.

I hope this answers your question.

Cheers,

- g
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Hey Z, we totally appreciate your position.

We've explained many times why most of our MMO efforts are going into AL instead of the other three Legends games. We've also explained that we are experimenting with new types games, and will continue to do so. We need to do so!

Right now we have two lines of business, the Legends and the Battle games.

Arcane is the pinnacle of our Legends games (although Pocket will always be most dear).

We are not planning any new MMOs for quite some time, so we will continue to expand upon Arcane for the foreseeable future.

I hope this answers your question.

Cheers,

- g
    I very much appreciate your quick response, although my main concern was how far ahead this may be planned, but I understand the response had to be vague. Thanks G

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zhaucakieeIsDead View Post
    I very much appreciate your quick response, although my main concern was how far ahead this may be planned, but I understand the response had to be vague. Thanks G
    The future cannot be told, Zhau. But what I am sure of is that this game will last longer than PL, when it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zhaucakieeIsDead View Post
    To whom it may concern,
    Ive been thinking, about actually continuing this game as a kinda enjoy it, I recently came into a lil bit of money and can actually afford to pay. One issue im having is when I was addicted to pocket legends I was paying quite a bit on platinum (more than I could really afford) under the impression that pl was planned to lvl 100cap, (you guys stated that, not me) with that being said I play in fear of getting further hooked and invested emotionally and to have the carpet pulled from under me(like in pl) would be devastating. Im just curious if you guys have any road map as to where you think al will be going? I dont wanna get abandoned like the last game. Im not looking for any concrete answers, just something to let me know what I can expect. Some kind of answer will be much appreciated thanks.
    Long time sts supporter
    Z
    Well a earthquake could hit the physical servers location of the game.
    Zombies could attack Sts Hq in Texas.
    A external company might acquire Sts and make all is games P2W.
    Your dog might pee on your only device capable of running AL.

You just can't know exactly what will happen. Though one thing i am quite convinced of is that AL is a successful game, "legitly legit" for the current market and it can still last for a decent lass of time. Except a huge innovation/revolution in the style takes place i don't see Stg making anything better than AL that can actually steal player frome here to there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well a earthquake could hit the physical servers location of the game.
    Zombies could attack Sts Hq in Texas.
    A external company might acquire Sts and make all is games P2W.
    Your dog might pee on your only device capable of running AL.

You just can't know exactly what will happen. Though one thing i am quite convinced of is that AL is a successful game, "legitly legit" for the current market and it can still last for a decent lass of time. Except a huge innovation/revolution in the style takes place i don't see Stg making anything better than AL that can actually steal player frome here to there.
    Yup, BD, BC, SL, and DL were all blown away by AL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AL-Freelancer

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobiotic View Post
    Yup, BD, BC, SL, and DL were all blown away by AL.

Well, you can't compare BD and BC to AL because they are in an entirely different ballgame. But other than that, yes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reun View Post
    Well, you can't compare BD and BC to AL because they are in an entirely different ballgame. But other than that, yes.
    They weren't as economically successful as AL was.

AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I do know half of you were playing pl in its prime and remember the statement of pl being planned up to lvl 100 cap, and pl in its prime, no one foresaw the fall it took.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    I do know half of you were playing pl in its prime and remember the statement of pl being planned up to lvl 100 cap, and pl in its prime, no one foresaw the fall it took.
    The fall of PL was the release of AL- we did somewhat foresee it as a fall as we thought that 4 games was too much too handle. JustG's statement stated that no new games would be coming in the near future, which meant AL would be the main focus of attention for a quite a bit of time. PL's downfall because of AL's economic success, and with AL having 10x the player base and thus being a better game in general (both economic wise and gameplay wise), I cannot foresee a downfall coming in the near future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

To whom it may concern,
    Long time sts supporter
    Z
    It will continue until a more successful project is released. Hard to predict how long that will be.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

The fall of PL was the release of AL- we did somewhat foresee it as a fall as we thought that 4 games was too much too handle. JustG's statement stated that no new games would be coming in the near future, which meant AL would be the main focus of attention for a quite a bit of time. PL's downfall because of AL's economic success, and with AL having 10x the player base and thus being a better game in general (both economic wise and gameplay wise), I cannot foresee a downfall coming in the near future.
    No, PL was already failing.

AL's success saved STG's downfall. Please don't look at it in a way that AL cannibalized PL.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

If they would do a remake of pl into al-like graphics and features. It would easily blast al away with playerbase and profits i bet!
    I sure wouldn't mind a pl2

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

I do know half of you were playing pl in its prime and remember the statement of pl being planned up to lvl 100 cap
    This illustrates exactly why we have to be vague with our plans. This was said, once, early on in PL's development. At the time we did plan on 100 levels. Business plans change according to emerging conditions. We do our best with what we know. We try to communicate as best we can. It is a delicate balance.

You are correct. They were an investigation into specific game mechanics for us. You have to get under the hood to understand something, so we made our own Build and Battle games.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobiotic View Post
    They weren't as economically successful as AL was.
    No, but not far off. The Battle games are their own line of business, and we'll continue to support them.

JustG's statement stated that no new games would be coming in the near future, which meant AL would be the main focus of attention for a quite a bit of time.
    I said no new MMOs are coming in the near future. We will continue to expand AL as long as it is our main Legends game.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    It will continue until a more successful project is released. Hard to predict how long that will be.
    It will continue at least until a more successful MMO is released. We'll continue to run AL long after that (just as PL continues to run).

Quote Originally Posted by tearacan View Post
    I sure wouldn't mind a pl2
    *shifty eyes*

Great conversation.

- g
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    This illustrates exactly why we have to be vague with our plans. This was said, once, early on in PL's development. At the time we did plan on 100 levels. Business plans change according to emerging conditions. We do our best with what we know. We try to communicate as best we can. It is a delicate balance.

You are correct. They were an investigation into specific game mechanics for us. You have to get under the hood to understand something, so we made our own Build and Battle games.

No, but not far off. The Battle games are their own line of business, and we'll continue to support them.

I said no new MMOs are coming in the near future. We will continue to expand AL as long as it is our main Legends game.

It will continue at least until a more successful MMO is released. We'll continue to run AL long after that (just as PL continues to run).

*shifty eyes*

Great conversation.

- g
    Holy multi quotes!

Thanks G, that's awesome to show such transparency about STG's agenda!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg
    We've also explained that we are experimenting with new types games, and will continue to do so. We need to do so!
    "New types of games"? As in there will be more to STG other than Build & Battle and RPG games? I can think of 2 other types of MMOs but that's about it.

1) A card-battle game similar to Hearthstone

2) A monster-collecting rpg game similar to Pokemon

I'm curious to see what comes in the future (if anything does come)

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Ihope there will be a new PL 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I don't think you guys realize how many players Battle Command has. I have no idea about Battle Dragons as I've not played it. But in BC there are tens of thousands of "regular" players. How do I know this?

In AL we really have no idea about the size of the game except for those occasional stats we get from H2N. But in BC when you look at the leaderboards, you can see the top 100, and in addition you can see where you rank. Also, the leaderboards reset every 2 weeks in BC. So for example, I can see if I am currently ranked #13,758 in steel farmed and we are now 8 days into the current leaderboard cycle.

I play BC every single day, although usually only for 15-30 minutes, and it is not uncommon for me to be ranked higher than 10k in some categories, and sometimes I manage to break the top 1k. So that will give you an idea of how many players are playing BC.

Are they spending money (buying crystals) in BC? That I have no idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

So arcane legends is up to lvl 100 cap?

Slower down the Level Cap process don't want AL to finish soon.

Also can you add one more person and make it 5 instead of 4 in elite maps.