Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Personal Messaging?

Hey PL community,
    How is everyone doing today?

So let's talk about personal messaging.

How many of you quit playing for an extended amount of time and returned to The Best Mobile MMO? I am one of these people and came to the sad reality that a lot of my friends have also quit

How nice would it be to send a personal message even while the receiver is offline??

Top 4 reasons why we should have an inbox...

#1. (Insert name here) is selling a (insert item here) in the CS for a bit higher than you are willing to pay so what do you do? Usually type /tell (name) Hello, I am interested in (item) you have for sell could we negotiate?

#2 You want to host an event / host a dungeon and you want to see when (insert name) is avaliable to do these runs.

#3 Notifying Friends.
    You quit and just came back to the game? Maybe you have an inactive friend and want to type a message to them sending your regards in case they randomly log on for some nostalgia? Perhaps you just got a legendary item and want your friend who is offline to be aware of this the second they get on. (A lot of my friends are only active when they have combo elixirs from daily blessing)

#4 Might reduce scam issues / miscommunications? "Oh you wanted 5 chickens and 2 lamp shades for the purple button? Well this a lot of my miss com muni actions derive from the in game chat getting flooded and PMs getting forever lost in the chat.

For once I am not posting a rant but a real solid suggestion I hope you all agree with me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

I think an in-game e-mail system is a great idea, in fact, I was just wishing PL had one the other day. That being said, I doubt STS wants to store all of that potential data or load the systems down with all of those extra database calls. Of course they could streamline and limit the system to control both of those concerns. Based on their lack of interest in further development to PL, if this ever happened, it'd probably go to AL, if any of their games got this enhancement.

At the end of the day, for those that you really want a way to communicate with when off-line, it might be best to just connect with them on some type of social media or instant messaging service.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    I think an in-game e-mail system is a great idea, in fact, I was just wishing PL had one the other day. That being said, I doubt STS wants to store all of that potential data or load the systems down with all of those extra database calls. Of course they could streamline and limit the system to control both of those concerns. Based on their lack of interest in further development to PL, if this ever happened, it'd probably go to AL, if any of their games got this enhancement.

At the end of the day, for those that you really want a way to communicate with when off-line, it might be best to just connect with them on some type of social media or instant messaging service.
    All we can do is hope STS grants any updates if any to PL. If AL got it before PL that would be rather upsetting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

This is kind of what the forums provides already, just not in the same app.
    Would be a huge amount of data needed, and would cost quite a bit to set up servers to handle this I would imagine.
    77 - Emagency, Bearnacle, Tweetment
    l2 WandnBracer - WeeklyRaffle
    I'm your Pocket Legends Weekly Raffle Host

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emagency View Post
    This is kind of what the forums provides already, just not in the same app.
    Would be a huge amount of data needed, and would cost quite a bit to set up servers to handle this I would imagine.
    And StS is probably not willing to spend that time on PL.

They got that "Teaser" for AL coming up. Don't expect anything lol.