Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding Elite Dungeons...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

There is no way I would want a random person joining our elite map runs if we had someone leave or disconnect. I mean, we have been practicing these maps and I belong to an elite PvE guild for a reason. To have a random pop in after this change would be extremely irritating. I picture someone coming in and bungling up the run for us, or abusing this and joining maps so they can get to boss quicker. Heck I would probably join randoms all day just for that reason. More rolls for loot, whoo.

The only way this would work is by invite only. Don't allow randoms to join maps this way, it spells disaster. Some scenarios I can see:

- The lvl 40 with no business in elites joining elite Rendtail
    - One party member disconnects, comes back and is ready to rejoin the party but a random shot in there and won't drop the group
    - The loot seekers, continuously pop in and out of elite runs all day for quicker paths to the boss

Please no. Invite only would be fine, you can always replace a party member with another. But not random popping in and out of elite maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

There will definitely be a level of abuse of this new system. People will most definitely invite guildmates/friends at the boss to increase loot drops. I'll give 40% of the gold I make from anyone that invites me to an elite run at the boss .

I have a couple suggestions. Add an option at the beginning of the run that allows either invites only or random joining. That way if you don't want to allow randoms joining then you can set it to invite only. If someone starts a map solo then no one should be able to join. No /partyl then invite friends for the boss and the loot. Make the run capped at the amount of players that started it. So if 2 start only 2 can be there for the boss. If 3, then 3. This would save people from exploiting this new option.

I think that the premise is good. It opens up the end game to a more casual player. This is a step in the right direction. However you don't want to create rage with the current end game player base. I think the suggestions I mentioned above solves most issues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I think it's good idea for those that dc to be able to join back to the map but not any others unless invited. This allows people who have dc issue to finish their run, also limits easy accessibility to jumping in maps near done and exploiting gear drops.
    Just my two cents.
    Idr like the idea of different levels of elite. Elite is elite.

Sent from my youknowwhat using youknowwhich

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

bigboyblue have a good point, but if 2 ppl start 2 ppl can finish <<< if its happen, players will be start run 4 player than others leave after start, than join on boss... need find a way for clean it to..

allready i dont think all thats needed, just let team members,can leave / join back in 2-3 min... its enought...

- if you runing a random team and sameone leave begining of map, you can just restart game...

- if you runing and 1-2 player leaved front of map or near boss = 2-3 ppl still can finish map..

so i dont think there samething needed, also its need much effort for the a great balance, so better dont do anything like thats and waste effort on damage bugs. or guild news ideas...

Point = just let disconnected team member can be join in 3 min, if same name dc character dont join in 3-4 min, than dont let any 1 join...

Also a vote kick from team button could be good, if you run 4 ppl , if 3 player want boot same player from map... or 3 player runing, 2 vote could be kick other player... idk if mods runing in hauntlets or elites, so many time ppls just leeching... and every 1 more team member makes dungeon harder... i think need a boot from dungeon button ( could be with vote )

StS doing news and mostly i like that news, because news allways takes me stay active but i prefer they focus on mainly neededs first..

1 idea for the StS i hope they read it pls do contest in forum by player ideas about news, and choice most importand correct ideas and do they first

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VenomsChaos View Post
    bigboyblue have a good point, but if 2 ppl start 2 ppl can finish <<< if its happen, players will be start run 4 player than others leave after start, than join on boss... need find a way for clean it to..
    I think if people want to do this then that's ok. As you know maps get harder depending on how many players there are. I don't believe they get any easier if people leave the map. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. If two people want to fight through a map that's made for four people then go for it. You deserve to invite friends for the boss. I can't really see people doing this that often.

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #66
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

to the point about it being expensive to run elites, what is the MOST expensive aspect of running an elite that makes it unfruitful for you? My initial thought is potions, and nowadays potentially elixir kits from the consignment shop.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    to the point about it being expensive to run elites, what is the MOST expensive aspect of running an elite that makes it unfruitful for you? My initial thought is potions, and nowadays potentially elixir kits from the consignment shop.
    You're correct. Potions and kits. The other point is that there is an opportunity lost. The time spent in elites could be used to run km3 and get locks or possibly nexus. Sort of guaranteed money compared to a greater reward long shot in elites.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

The most expensive aspect is not getting loot that exceeds your costs. The way it is right now what you loot isn't better then what you got. So who is buying this stuff? The problem is the balance between mythics vs lootable legendary weapons. The cost is only relative to your chance to loot something that people want. Right now in my opinion there is only 1-2 maps really worth farming. And this is not a complaint about not getting good loot, its a complaint about how items have been designed as they compare to mythics and how they have been released. I suggest you check out this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-locked-crates

Right now pot consumption is quite high but thats because no one really wants to buy the magma armor. People are still using their mythic sets and on a number of maps there is a lot of DOT damage which burns through pots quite rapidly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by warriorromio View Post
    Pls ..
    U guys dont need to do any thing just one thing need change..
    Id u r in a party amd hot disconnected...
    Then u can join back...
    Once the timer is start u can not change players..
    Just the player hot disconnected or...
    Any player leave for some reason then only he can join back...

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
    Exactly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jenvy View Post
    No.

NO.

NO!

N to the freakin' O!!!!

Option 1 and Option 2 are both bad ideas that will be abused by solo farmers inviting guildies at the end of a run. This will utterly decimate the elite pink drop economy, making running elites worthless.

Do you WANT to destroy your game, STS?

The only fix that should be implemented is allowing dcd players back into the zone. Nothing more. If you can't figure out a way to do this AND ONLY THIS, then don't change anything.
    The more I think about it, the more I feel that this is what will eventually happen. I'm a solo farmer myself and do several instances of elite Tindirin alone per day. What's to stop someone like me from "selling" bosses or giving them out to guildies, and ultimately contributing to the death of the pink economy?

Just fix the DC issue, honestly. I actually partied up yesterday and our tank DCed. Luckily the remaining party members were competent enough to complete the run sans tank, but this isn't true for all parties.
    For this, I really love the instance token suggestion mentioned in one of the previous posts.
    Airys <Average Joes>

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yakiniku For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

option 2 here but with some change... a "dungeon-finder like" that after a player disconnect is able to pick from a pool of person quequed with requirement item level of something like that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    The most expensive aspect is not getting loot that exceeds your costs. The way it is right now what you loot isn't better then what you got. So who is buying this stuff? The problem is the balance between mythics vs lootable legendary weapons. The cost is only relative to your chance to loot something that people want. Right now in my opinion there is only 1-2 maps really worth farming. And this is not a complaint about not getting good loot, its a complaint about how items have been designed as they compare to mythics and how they have been released. I suggest you check out this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-locked-crates

Right now pot consumption is quite high but thats because no one really wants to buy the magma armor. People are still using their mythic sets and on a number of maps there is a lot of DOT damage which burns through pots quite rapidly.
    I agree. The level 41 magma armors should really be better than the level 36 mythic. It's one thing if folks had paid 10m+ for their level 36 mythic helm and armor and then they would be somewhat exclusive. But because these are level 26/31 items which have been around forever, the price has dropped to about 2m for a set, and now everyone has them. So who is going to spend any decent money on magma armors when the stats are not even as good. The magma armors should have been better.

I do hope as part of the new itemization, there are some new legendary armors that are added to the game which exceed the stats of the level 36 mythics. It would also be nice to see some new level 41 mythic as well, but as we all know these will probably cost 5-10m per item minimum, so I think some better legendary helms and armors are warranted. Or else, maybe buff the magma armors, then people may actually be willing to shell out their 200+ dragkin teeth for the premium magma set.

Actually, I think buffing the magma armors would be a good thing. There are so few of them in the game at this point because nobody bothers to farm dungeons #3 & 5. So this would encourage people to start farming there and would help give a nice boost to the economy. If suddenly these armors were the best in game, players would have new motivation to start farming again, and also would have new motivation to farm for teeth to get the premium set from the teeth vendor.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 05-07-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchial View Post
    I dont get it. In normal maps at boss fight doesnt get locked. Does it?
    yes, if you clear map until boss. map gets locked, you get a message screen saying its full or something even when it's not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

To run elites, you need potions, plat to rev, and lix kits.

Then there is the issue of the pinks that are dropping, I personally have a hard time selling the magma items unless it's majorly undercut in CS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Pretty much what Bigboyblue said. It is the potions, and the luck elixor at the boss for running elites, but yes, it's also the opportunity cost of the run where I could have looted a bunch of locked because it's multiple bosses many many times over vs 1-3 times on the elite bosses. It's a risk that I've been taking becuase I strive to run elites, but sadly, many players are turned off. I'll say that right now since expansion has started, my gold amount is in the negative on the amount I've spent vs the amount I've looted back. If all the other classes think it's bad pot wise, for a tank it's way worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post
    You're correct. Potions and kits. The other point is that there is an opportunity lost. The time spent in elites could be used to run km3 and get locks or possibly nexus. Sort of guaranteed money compared to a greater reward long shot in elites.
    +1
    Last edited by Zanpakuto; 05-07-2014 at 05:14 PM.

<The Hammer>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I see many exploits here:
    1. in PL, a handful of very opportunistic player, which i dont have to name, will join any unlocked game that is almost finished to collect loot.
    And weirdly, that loot always falls to that last joiner.
    2. there will be plenty of class switching to exploit the run. get warrior and mage to clear mobs, then switch the warrior and mage to rogue at boss.
    3. more exploits. solo run/ less party members for easy mobs clear, then inviting full pt at boss. It is the mobs that gives ppl headache at elites.
    4. players that dc during the game. while it might be genuine for now, if you allow any original player to rejoin later, i see a potential loophole for exploits too.
    one could be in the party, then get out, and rejoins when at boss. Particularly effective for park/ teleport method too.
    5. im sure there are many more exploits abounds, these are just a few that i could think of on top of my head.

Really, the core of issue is the server problem. Even with a really good connection, and while having 2 accounts open, I found one being suddenly disconnected while the other ping remains stable. Fix that please. I have had enough of deaths due to dc.
    Could consider having multiple international servers, since most players are located all over the world.

Actually, elites aren't very hard if the party just freaking use combo lix, revive plats and spam away pots.
    it is hard when everyone run back to rev at entrance.
    and the whole points of elite APs? you have to reach level cap, it is for hardcore gamers to farm.

An easy fix to this is giving away plat rev kits, instead of locking it to plats exclusive.
    Since you opened up elixir to not being strictly plats purchasable, why not the plats rev too.

The problem with AL is, the map difficulty scales to the number of players in the map, regardless of how many players are currently engaged with the mobs.
    Assuming a full pt, one down, means 3 ppl are fighting it out for 4, and another down, 2 ppl holding it for 4, 3 down, one ppl holding it out for 4.
    that's why pugs with leecher is such a pain.
    In PL, i can't care less with leechers on my map, as I could handle the enemies all the same. they dont get suddenly stronger with each ppl popping in.
    -rethgifllub-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zanpakuto View Post
    Pretty much what Bigboyblue said. It is the potions, and the luck elixor at the boss for running elites, but yes, it's also the opportunity cost of the run where I could have looted a bunch of locked because it's multiple bosses many many times over vs 1-3 times on the elite bosses. It's a risk that I've been taking becuase I strive to run elites, but sadly, many players are turned off. I'll say that right now since expansion has started, my gold amount is in the negative on the amount I've spent vs the amount I've looted back. If all the other classes think it's bad pot wise, for a tank it's way worse!
    So what exactly is your suggestion to fix this? If they make elites easier, then more people will run them, more loot will be dropped, and prices will drop way down. So then it won't really be any different than farming for locked crates, will it?

They could make it easier to run elites, but also lower the drop rates accordingly. But then it will all even out in the long run and will still take a lot of work to loot a good item.

This again becomes the old argument that everyone wants items that are easy to get but that they can sell for millions. The problem is that this is an impossibility no matter what STS does.

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    To run elites, you need potions, plat to rev, and lix kits.

Then there is the issue of the pinks that are dropping, I personally have a hard time selling the magma items unless it's majorly undercut in CS.
    Same complaint here. What do you suggest as a fix for this? When 30 people are all selling the same exact item, this is going to happen. If someone posted their item 5 minutes before you did, and then it is now your turn to list your item, will you undercut them? I'm sure you will. So then the next guy comes along and will do the same to you. This is the nature of economics and has little to do with this game.

The only solution is to make the item so rare and so desirable that there are never more than a couple for sale in the auction at one time. And guess what.... we already have items like that ....they are called "arcane". The legendary items are more common by design, and will always be this way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    So what exactly is your suggestion to fix this? If they make elites easier, then more people will run them, more loot will be dropped, and prices will drop way down. So then it won't really be any different than farming for locked crates, will it?

They could make it easier to run elites, but also lower the drop rates accordingly. But then it will all even out in the long run and will still take a lot of work to loot a good item.

This again becomes the old argument that everyone wants items that are easy to get but that they can sell for millions. The problem is that this is an impossibility no matter what STS does.

Same complaint here. What do you suggest as a fix for this? When 30 people are all selling the same exact item, this is going to happen. If someone posted their item 5 minutes before you did, and then it is now your turn to list your item, will you undercut them? I'm sure you will. So then the next guy comes along and will do the same to you. This is the nature of economics and has little to do with this game.

The only solution is to make the item so rare and so desirable that there are never more than a couple for sale in the auction at one time. And guess what.... we already have items like that ....they are called "arcane". The legendary items are more common by design, and will always be this way.
    They need to make some super rare items we can farm from the elite bosses. Vanity + the next tier of gear, and bump up the difficulty of the maps. It will weed out people being able to farm them so hard.

And just saying, a new set of tombs will relieve these maps from being over-farmed!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I would like option A, but if it will really take so long, then why not implements B asap, then install A when you have that ready. That way there is at least some immediate solution to the problem and we can wait for plan A to roll out =).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

Pretty much what everyone else above has stated. The initial turn off is the pot costs. I additionally only use luck lix and that too adds up to 20k per hour. With some bad parties taking up to an hour to finish, or even some awesome parties taking 10-15min, it's still very few luck rerolls for your gold should you get nothing. Don't get me wrong, I will run elites no matter the situation because I have enough capital to sustain me through the veggie and skittle loot rerolls, but many wouldn't be able to last a week without any loot at the cost of 100k/day in lix and pots. KM3 is still best suited to many casual players and realistically, I think there will always be a divide in who runs elites.

There are filthy rich millionaires in the game that never play elite because it takes time and the odds are bad compared to locked popping and merching. They have all the best equipments and gold to support them, but they don't run elites either. Elites are quite complexing in who actually runs them. You have to have a little bit of gold drive, but the main focus is fun for me anyways. Breaking even or earning a just a little gold for most is not enough to continue elites. Nordr 20 daily boss kills was a nice way to do things, don't know why it was removed since last season.
    Last edited by Kakashis; 05-07-2014 at 06:58 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!