Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Isn't it time the Ker'shal Scepter finally gets fixed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyona View Post
    Honestly I see the new mythic gun being no where near ker'shal. The gun is gonna have 550-570 damage and around 3.7k health. I can see arcane staff still being the best pve and pvp weapon by far.

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk
    Lmao at the 550 damage, kershal and new upcoming mythic weapon are supposed to be of same power lvl i.e 46...have u ever compared a staff with a gun? It will have 150-200 damage difference at lvl 46.. Right now arcane mages have 650+ damage.. With gun it will be 800+. Theres no doubt about it..

And obviously kershal will die just like singe died in front of samael (bcoz of pvp importance)..

#Ripkershal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

1 more thing I'm gonna add is that the lvl 31 mythic gun has a better proc than the arcane staff. If you don't believe me go try it out in PvP. Other than stats, the mythic guns proc is much more useful in clashes and has a more powerful effect than the kershal. This shows how it's not op at all for an arcane weapon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

The only thing this thread will do is get new mythic gun get pre-nerfed. We have seen this before. Why do you think warriors got sword & shield weapon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Best equipment for mage

Kershal, Singe, Arcane Ring

End of thread.

Ari
    Dark Masters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Fingland View Post
    Best equipment for mage

End of thread.

Ari
    Dark Masters
    Samael is usually better for Mage but the problem is that even with the best arcanes and mythic gear we still get 1 hit by rogues with expidition bows -_-
    And without shields warriors can kill us easily with magma swords.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

+9000

Please buff kershal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Fingland View Post
    Best equipment for mage

End of thread.

Ari
    Dark Masters
    Kershal will be superseded by the gun, no question. And Samael is best pet for mages.

When the gun comes out you watch those with arcane staffs fall.... It's happening now with expedition rifles.

Buff the staff not nerf the gun..... Arcane should be boss, not a broomstick in the corner of the room gathering dust. Just sayin.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Well, I just re-read through every post in this thread, and only one person said the Kershal should be left alone. Everyone else, including lots of warriors and rogues who posted here, thinks the Kershal should be buffed. Seems pretty unanimous. So let's see what STS does.

So for now, I guess this thread should be closed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    Buff the staff not nerf the gun..... Arcane should be boss, not a broomstick in the corner of the room gathering dust. Just sayin.
    They either pre-nerf gun or give some minor buff to arcane staff, so in either case arcane staff still "looks" better in the stats window.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Well, I just re-read through every post in this thread, and only one person said the Kershal should be left alone. Everyone else, including lots of warriors and rogues who posted here, thinks the Kershal should be buffed. Seems pretty unanimous. So let's see what STS does.

So for now, I guess this thread should be closed.
    If we're having problems against warriors and rogues now just wait for the new mythics to come out. If the kershal isn't buffed I don't see how mages would be very useful in PvP other than our curse skill :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

How can a mythic be better than arcane? Kinda takes the point out of the game doesn't it?

I am pretty sure the new guns stats will not superseed the Kershal.

And yes Energizeric we would all love to have the Kershal buffed.

Ari
    Dark Masters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Of course it will be better, just like the lvl 36 myth daggers are better than the lvl 26 arcane hooks. You have to understand, what STS needs to happen is that something is highly desirable for a SHORT period of time, this causes massive rushes of plat buying to get said item. If they let those items persist unchallenged then they will lose money based on the opportunity cost.

Though, if they really wanted to be fair, they should have released a lvl 41 myth that was stronger than the lvl 31 arcane Maul, but now we get into the position of an ever escalating arms race of stronger and stronger items, until people are one hitting an entire mob of players in pvp. They are now being inconsistent between classes which now leads to an inconsistent experience between classes. Those that shelled out for a Maul (or those that shelled out for hooks) have gotten to enjoy it for much longer than the uber expensive yet vastly underpowered KerShal staff, which will now be prematurely supplanted by a lvl 46 myth. It is actually quite deliberate and intentional that mages are being given the shaft here, under their misguided assumption that mage skills and techniques are the 'easiest' and thus the class needs to be shorted.

To be honest, the game was great when I started playing and the experience has slowly drifted downhill. Am definitely in the market for a better game, if any know of one, please let me know What I think would be even better would be to remove classes entirely, and just start with empty shells and then add skills and attributes. Why pigeon hole people into set classes, let the items I wear and the skills I choose determine my class. But of course, that's a pipe dream.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I'll bump this thread every day til it gets some attention.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Why won't any devs say anything T.T So many threads like this have been made yet not on response...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Please sts take a look

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #56
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,907 Posts

Thank you Energizeric for your very detailed post! Your feedback is extremely valuable as we continue to look into the scepter. For now, I'll point you guys to Carapace's last post on the issue, here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1484617

I've brought this thread to his attention and will look into it again, considering the suggestions and latest feedback. He'll post again if and when we decide on any changes.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Thank you Energizeric for your very detailed post! Your feedback is extremely valuable as we continue to look into the scepter. For now, I'll point you guys to Carapace's last post on the issue, here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1484617

I've brought this thread to his attention and will look into it again, considering the suggestions and latest feedback. He'll post again if and when we decide on any changes.
    It would be nice for someone to test the staff in game, the charging is really slow and please look into changing the proc.

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

I bet a crawly egg there will be no revision except in one case: If the kershal overall stats has to be adjusted in relation to the new mythic gun.
    My conclusions are based on the fact till now there have been 100 and 1 petitions, feedbacks, tests, demonstrations and nothing has ever been done plus if they buffed the staff now "pardon the lateness".

If i lose come take the egg Ami.

Maliath.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 05-14-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Have you guys EVER tried PvP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Why hasn't it been fixed yet? It's the only arcane weapon people have been disappointed about since it was released. Notice how there were never complaints about the arcane maul and hooks because they were very op in their season (maul still is). Now that the lvl 36 cap for mages to shine is over the only thing STS should really do is make sure the next weapon you make for mages is op compared to rogues and warriors and worth 30+mil...

Adding a good proc effect is better than stat increase (if the kershal had a healing proc that helped their entire team in PvP or aoe stun it would be better than the +60 int). Pls just try to give mages a better weapon next time to make everyone happy also lowering the charge time wouldn't hurt anyone, Ty.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Ninjasmurf For This Useful Post: