Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Isn't it time the Ker'shal Scepter finally gets fixed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I seem to remember them buffing hooks stats once during the Nordr cap. Better too late than never.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I seem to remember them buffing hooks stats once during the Nordr cap. Better too late than never.
    Yeah, but some player, can't remember who ... Energisomething ... complained that buffing old weapons destroys the economy for new weapons, and he made that same argument again against the idea of buffing the level 36 Mythics when the 41 Legendary had higher damage and if you notice STS has NOT buffed any old weapons since. I am pretty sure that player is going to make sure that STS does NOT buff the Level 36 Arcane Staff as he will clearly argue it will absolutely ruin the economy of the Level 41 Mythics. Sad for all the Sorc's out there, but they should take the issue up with him.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

You misremember what happened. I was not against the buffing of arcane hooks during the Nordr expansion. What I was against was when people wanted it to again be buffed in the Shuyal expansion so it would be better than level 36 legendary weapons. At the time I said if they did that then I would quit end game and make a level 26 pvp rogue.

My reasons had little to do with the economy. The stats of any arcane item are not going to have an affect on the economy as they are too rare to matter enough. My reasons had to do with pvp balance. When you buff them for end game, you also alter twink pvp balance. But since arcane sorcerers were not even the slightest bit OP at level 36, that is not an issue.

The hooks were indeed very OP at level 26, so buffing them again and again would not have been a wise idea as they would have ruined level 26 pvp forever.

Also, notice that I am not suggesting they increase the stats of the kershal, nor am I suggesting they increase the damage. That is what people who wanted the hooks to be buffed were arguing for. I just want them to change the proc to be similar to other arcane weapons.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 05-14-2014 at 05:57 PM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

If they want to "fix" the staff here is my proposal.

1) Eliminate Shadowflare, lets be honest with ourselves, no one is charging this thing. And replace it with a normal charged attack that every staff has which stuns. Because its not a spell no matter how many times you say it. Its just a low chance to proc on a charged attack.
    2) Move the charged attack proc (10% crit reduction & snare) to the normal attack. And make whatever necessary adjustments in terms of chance in combination with the current non-charged proc.

This doesn't fundamentally change how the staff was intended on working beyond eliminating the issue with that it does less damage when charged. Then when we charge it, we can stun with it and it functions like every other staff. And we still get the benefit of 10% crit reduction and 30% snare when it procs.

And in my opinion this should have been the original design. Look at the other arcane weapons:

1) Maul: Chance to proc AOE stun, reduce armor by 50% and +60 STR
    2) Hooks: Chance to -15% Armor, -20% Movement Speed, and Bleed Effect.

So you telling me if the proc was changed to this it would be any different then the proc on other arcanes?

Proposed Arcane staff proc: Chance to proc +60 INT, +10 Mana regen, -10% crit, 30% snare

I am not asking to have the base stats buffed, but if you implemented a feature that no one uses then this is a bug in my opinion and should be fixed. This is the entire point I have been trying to make when I posted this in the technical forums back in October.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

There has been many discussions of this in the past, and while I read them, I never was able to understand as I had never used the staff. Now I have one, and I agree with all that has been said by others.

The stats of the staff are great --- no complaints here. The problem is with the proc. While every other arcane and mythic weapon has a great proc, the proc of this staff is pathetic to say the least. Many legendary staffs have better procs.

I thought that having the arcane staff and full mythic gear would make be unstoppable in PvP. In season 4, I owned in PvP with my runic gun and mythic gear. So having an Arcane weapon should be even more OP, right? Not the case! And it is definitely all about the proc.

And STS has now announced these new level 41 mythic weapons, all with super cool procs. I have no doubt that the arcane staff will still have better stats than the new mythic rifle. However, with that cool "root" proc, the mythic rifle is surely going to become the more desirable sorcerer weapon.

So please STS, please update the arcane staff and make it what it should have always been....

Here are my suggestions for what should be changed:

1) for an uncharged attack, the +60 INT and push back are good. However, the +10 mana regen is useless. Sorcerers with an arcane staff have 5000+ mana. Giving us +10 mana regen for 8 seconds is a boost of 80 mana. Useless. Please give us something useful. How about a healing proc, but even still a +10 health regen is so small as to be useless. It would have to be something decent to be of any use.

Keep in mind that in PvP, when you stun the opponent (as many weapon procs including the runic gun do), they are unable to attack you for a few seconds. Each attack in PvP at endgame is usually 1000-4000 damage with warriors being at the low end of that scale and rogues being at the high end. So a missed attack by your opponent spares you 1000-4000 health. So a healing proc would be good, but it would have to be something sizable to really matter. Giving 80 extra health or mana so not going to make any difference in whether a sorcerer lives or dies in a PvP battle.

2) Shadowflare --- this was a cool idea making the charged attack much like a fireball skill, but the execution is poor. If you were to take a poll of Ker'shal Scepter users and asked how often they use the charged attack, I would be shocked if you were to find a single player who does. Shadowflare causes less damage than a regular non-charged attack, it rarely procs, and even when it does the proc is of little use. It also takes 3 times as long to charge as does fireball. Let's just say that if I tried to use shadowflare during a PvP battle, I would be dead before the skill was charged.

As was originally explained at its introduction, the benefit of shadowflare was suppose to be that it uses no mana. Well, so does every charged attack by every weapon that exists in Arcane Legends. So this is not some rare benefit. But as sorcerers have so much mana, running out of mana is an issue we don't face. I would have to have a dozen kills in PvP with no deaths before I would ever run out of mana.

So here is what I would do to make shadowflare useful..... Charge time should be no more than a regular skill. Otherwise why would anyone want to use it? And make it like fireball.....give it stun capability. Or alternatively, give it the crit reduction that it currently has, but not a small chance for this, but something decent. And it should have MORE damage than a regular non-charged attack, not less. That is why we charge our skills, so we get more, not less. Anything less and I just don't see any use.

I do think it's about time this was addressed. Make this arcane item what it is suppose to be. At level 26 rogues were unstoppable with the hooks, and at both level 31 and 36, warriors were unstoppable with maul (and still are really). Give sorcerers the chance now, because we have never really had that.
    Once again, no reply from STS. They have the time to wish someone happy birthday in another thread (which is good) and they totally ignored this one. *CLAP CLAP*. Well done I must say. This is an issue that deserves a response.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leonut View Post
    Once again, no reply from STS. They have the time to wish someone happy birthday in another thread (which is good) and they totally ignored this one. *CLAP CLAP*. Well done I must say. This is an issue that deserves a response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Thank you Energizeric for your very detailed post! Your feedback is extremely valuable as we continue to look into the scepter. For now, I'll point you guys to Carapace's last post on the issue, here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1484617

I've brought this thread to his attention and will look into it again, considering the suggestions and latest feedback. He'll post again if and when we decide on any changes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

There has been many discussions of this in the past, and while I read them, I never was able to understand as I had never used the staff. Now I have one, and I agree with all that has been said by others.

The stats of the staff are great --- no complaints here. The problem is with the proc. While every other arcane and mythic weapon has a great proc, the proc of this staff is pathetic to say the least. Many legendary staffs have better procs.

I thought that having the arcane staff and full mythic gear would make be unstoppable in PvP. In season 4, I owned in PvP with my runic gun and mythic gear. So having an Arcane weapon should be even more OP, right? Not the case! And it is definitely all about the proc.

And STS has now announced these new level 41 mythic weapons, all with super cool procs. I have no doubt that the arcane staff will still have better stats than the new mythic rifle. However, with that cool "root" proc, the mythic rifle is surely going to become the more desirable sorcerer weapon.

So please STS, please update the arcane staff and make it what it should have always been....

Here are my suggestions for what should be changed:

1) for an uncharged attack, the +60 INT and push back are good. However, the +10 mana regen is useless. Sorcerers with an arcane staff have 5000+ mana. Giving us +10 mana regen for 8 seconds is a boost of 80 mana. Useless. Please give us something useful. How about a healing proc, but even still a +10 health regen is so small as to be useless. It would have to be something decent to be of any use.

Keep in mind that in PvP, when you stun the opponent (as many weapon procs including the runic gun do), they are unable to attack you for a few seconds. Each attack in PvP at endgame is usually 1000-4000 damage with warriors being at the low end of that scale and rogues being at the high end. So a missed attack by your opponent spares you 1000-4000 health. So a healing proc would be good, but it would have to be something sizable to really matter. Giving 80 extra health or mana so not going to make any difference in whether a sorcerer lives or dies in a PvP battle.

2) Shadowflare --- this was a cool idea making the charged attack much like a fireball skill, but the execution is poor. If you were to take a poll of Ker'shal Scepter users and asked how often they use the charged attack, I would be shocked if you were to find a single player who does. Shadowflare causes less damage than a regular non-charged attack, it rarely procs, and even when it does the proc is of little use. It also takes 3 times as long to charge as does fireball. Let's just say that if I tried to use shadowflare during a PvP battle, I would be dead before the skill was charged.

As was originally explained at its introduction, the benefit of shadowflare was suppose to be that it uses no mana. Well, so does every charged attack by every weapon that exists in Arcane Legends. So this is not some rare benefit. But as sorcerers have so much mana, running out of mana is an issue we don't face. I would have to have a dozen kills in PvP with no deaths before I would ever run out of mana.

So here is what I would do to make shadowflare useful..... Charge time should be no more than a regular skill. Otherwise why would anyone want to use it? And make it like fireball.....give it stun capability. Or alternatively, give it the crit reduction that it currently has, but not a small chance for this, but something decent. And it should have MORE damage than a regular non-charged attack, not less. That is why we charge our skills, so we get more, not less. Anything less and I just don't see any use.

I do think it's about time this was addressed. Make this arcane item what it is suppose to be. At level 26 rogues were unstoppable with the hooks, and at both level 31 and 36, warriors were unstoppable with maul (and still are really). Give sorcerers the chance now, because we have never really had that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    That reply was in another thread and not this one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leonut View Post
    That reply was in another thread and not this one.
    It would help if you read the previous comments before commenting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

@leonut really? How about you simply click on page 3 of this thread?

Ive asked Ami to report this to the devs in chatbox several days ago, and she said she did it already. I will really like to know how the staff is changed to Lets look at arcane weapons

Maul: Chance to proc AOE stun, reduce armor by 50% and +60 STR.
    Hooks: Chance to jump to others, -15% Armor, -20% Movement Speed, and Bleed Effect.
    Scepter: Chance to proc 60 INT, and 10 mana regen. <-- wtf?

And if the charge time was reduced can it be significant? lol 1.8 sec changed to 1.6 sec with a "spell" nobody ever used because it does low damage (= uncharged attack), no stun, only "chance" to slow, but in either PvP or PvE slow is nothing special. At least please make it a stun or even a root, so it can be used to be an alternative spell from fireball.
    Last edited by Sceazikua; 05-15-2014 at 12:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Whatever floats your goat as they say :O

I think Kershals are pretty crazy op but eh, they're arcane and 35m-40m+ for a reason, thought I would speak my mind^^
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    Whatever floats your goat as they say :O

I think Kershals are pretty crazy op but eh, they're arcane and 35m-40m+ for a reason, thought I would speak my mind^^
    Name:  5BCq91o.png
Views: 279
Size:  363.0 KB

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sceazikua View Post
    @leonut really? How about you simply click on page 3 of this thread?

Ive asked Ami to report this to the devs in chatbox several days ago, and she said she did it already. I will really like to know how the staff is changed to Lets look at arcane weapons

Maul: Chance to proc AOE stun, reduce armor by 50% and +60 STR.
    Hooks: Chance to jump to others, -15% Armor, -20% Movement Speed, and Bleed Effect.
    Scepter: Chance to proc 60 INT, and 10 mana regen. <-- wtf?

And if the charge time was reduced can it be significant? lol 1.8 sec changed to 1.6 sec with a "spell" nobody ever used because it does low damage (= uncharged attack), no stun, only "chance" to slow, but in either PvP or PvE slow is nothing special. At least please make it a stun or even a root, so it can be used to be an alternative spell from fireball.
    Whoa bro hold up, I understand it's proc is weak but adding a chance to stun on an UNCHARGED auto attack is far too op.
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

The sorcs biggest problem in the game: armor... Kershal (ithink) good enough... but 1022 armor is too low..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Mages iv seen can get 4.1-4.4k health with like 1040+ armour, yet rogues can get like 3.9-4.1 with like 1.3-1.4k armour+the crazy dodge they have
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobiotic View Post
    Whoa bro hold up, I understand it's proc is weak but adding a chance to stun on an UNCHARGED auto attack is far too op.
    Pretty sure the person meant that shadowflare does lower damage than uncharged attack and should atleast stun/root in PvP

Sent from my Xperia U using Tapatalk 4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

He was referring to charged attack stunning And separately that the proc is not brilliant.

BTW isn't stun what the maul had as an uncharged attack proc? (cant tell if your being sarcastic)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Foebegone View Post
    He was referring to charged attack stunning And separately that the proc is not brilliant.

BTW isn't stun what the maul had as an uncharged attack proc? (cant tell if your being sarcastic)
    That is the proc, not a normal auto attack.
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

You sound like carapaca.. making fictions about op, high damage, while we have a weak, slow, underpowered, low damage, generally useless charged attack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    You sound like carapaca.. making fictions about op, high damage, while we have a weak, slow, underpowered, low damage, generally useless charged attack.
    A stun on an uncharged attack is too op. I never made any fictions about it being op or high damage, read my posts correctly, I said that adding a stun on an uncharged attack will be way to unfair for other arcane items. Look at Hooks, it is completely ignored. I agree that the staff is weak compared to maul so I suggest STG to buff the proc and decrease the time it takes to charge an attack.
    Last edited by Xenobiotic; 05-15-2014 at 09:25 AM.
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

A stun on an uncharged attack is too op. I never maid any fictions about it being op or high damage, read my posts correctly, I said that adding a stun on an uncharged attack will be way to unfair for other arcane items. Look at Hooks, it is completely ignored. I agree that the staff is weak compared to maul so I suggest STG to buff the proc and decrease the time it takes to charge an attack.
    It would be op only, if ignores stun immunity like the maul proc.