Default L41: 8-bit Salute CTF!

L41: 8-bit Salute CTF!

No of Players:
    Type: Single Elimination

Description:

Description:
    I. Level Requirement: L41

II. Gear Requirement:
    Certain gear will not be allowed. Please check tournament rules for more details.*

III. Tournament Description:
    This tournament will consist of teams with 5 players on each team fighting a double elimination style bracket in a classic CTF tournament, where the objective is to be the first to score 5 flags before your opponent(s).
    Matches will be played in the following fashion:
    • Before starting the match, both teams are required to meet in one spawn directly opposite to their opponent's spawn room.
    • 1 player from each spawn room is required to stand outside of the opponent's spawn room to insure that no player is attempting to get a head start on capturing the flag.
    • There must be a screenshot of both teams acknowledging the match to begin. This screenshot MUST be posted on the tournament thread or PM'd to: Zeus or Remiem.
    • The final score must be captured and posted on both the tournament thread as well as PM'd to: Zeus or Remiem.

IV. Time of Tournament:
    The tournament will begin as soon as all slots are filled. From the exact time the brackets are posted, you will have 1 week to find your opponent(s) and complete the match. An agreed time must be posted on the tournament thread with both team leaders acknowledging and agreeing to this time.

V. Scorekeeping:
    Each tournament round will consist of 1 game where both teams are expected to fight to their fullest & be the first to capture 5 flags. Screenshots of the win must be posted on the tournament thread or PM'd to: Zeus & Remiem. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule. If this is not completed, then it is as if the match did not even happen.

Once a win is confirmed, the winner will advance to the next bracket.

VI. Tournament Rules:
    These will be the tournament rules & also the only way judges will be able to make a decision from. Without supporting evidence that a team or team member has broken the following rules, the judge will not be able to make a decision.

Disclaimer: *Upon entering this tournament, you and your team members have read each section of this thread & fully understand what is required to enter this tournament. Participants will also understand that failure to comply to any of the rules will result in their and possibly the team's immediate disqualification.

Without further adieu:

• A team leader may have no more than 2 of the same class on his team.
    • Before starting the match, each team must regroup into ONE spawn that is directly across from where the other team's spawn location is.
    • Before starting the match, one player of each team must go near the enemy's spawn to insure that no team member is attempting to get a head start. (Yes, these team members that go explore are technically the only players that are allowed a head start)
    • No macros
    • No summoning/dismissing of pets
    • No trash talking during the entire time the tournament match & before/after the tournament match is taking place may occur. If any team player is found to be trash talking or behaving non-sportsmanlike, they will be disqualified and the team will not be allowed to sub in another player.
    • A team is allowed to have 3 subs, but that sub may not qualify to play if there is 2 of the same class active in the team.
    • Opposing teams facing each other MUST agree on a time & date to play. This must be done within 2 days of knowing who your opposing team is.
    • If a team does not meet on the time & date specified, they will be disqualified. (Under special circumstances, I will allow ONE re-trial to successfully meet up). If this means that team players have to stay up at a time inconvenient to them, so be it. There are sacrifices one must make for developer sponsored tournaments.
    • A screenshot of an agreeing time and date for each match-up must be posted AND PM'd to: Zeus or Remiem
    • If a team member goes AFK, it is up to the other team to decide wether to wait or not. However, sportsmanship and common courtesy will be appreciated.
    • Any drama/situations/disagreements once the tournament is in session must be PM'd to me. If any posts are made on the tournament thread, it will result in that player dropping out of the tournament.
    • There may be no more than 3 stun-related pets (this includes terrify & panic pets) on one team. This tournament will require variation.
    • Arcane pets will be allowed, but no more than 2 arcane pets will be allowed on the team.
    • 2 Arcane weapon per team will be allowed.
    • Arcane Rings will not be allowed.
    • Mythic items will be allowed.
    • Only 1 arcane rarity item is allowed to be equipped. Meaning, if one has a Maul of Ollerus and Samael, they will have to choose which one to use.
    • Spawning or blocking off an opposing team's entrance will result in the entire team's automatic disqualification.
    • You must post the team you are registering with on the tournament thread and specify the equipment of each player.
    • One is not allowed to switch out team-members once the tournament has started, so, choose your teammates wisely.
    • A sub will not be allowed to participate in another team other than the team he is subbing for.
    • There may not be the same player of different teams.
    • Semi-Finals & Final matches will be evaluated based on best out of 3!
    • Something I was contacted about in game when a team was asking if they can switch weapons...For clarification, you ARE allowed to switch weapons BEFORE a tournament match. Once the match has started, you may not be allowed to switch it. Also, if you switch the weapon... you MUST update it in the team description.
    • This is a charity tournament, so all players MUST wear the 8 bit salute banner at ALL times.
    • ANY RULES BROKEN MUST BE PROVEN WITH EVIDENCE OR THEY WILL BE CONSIDERED NULL.

Note: These rules are subject to change at any time before the tournament begins.

VII. Prizes:

• Will be announced by Remiem.

VIII. How to Register:
    Participants will register through the following link:

READ THIS BEFORE CLICKING THAT LINK!
    Please note, a forum account is needed to register. You will need click the button "New Team" once clicking on the link above. Also, the team captain will also be required to register their team. In the team description, a team captain must list the following: team members, substitutes, class of each player, the pet each player & sub will be using, as well as the gear. Nobody other than the team captain can register the team & the team captain must be specified by posting on the thread. No team is made official until registering. Team captains should also post on the official tournament thread with their forum account and state their IGN. They are also required to state their team members IGNs that they will be playing on.

With that said...

Good Luck! May the games begin!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Ignore this post please, thanks!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

New PvP level, 41!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Default L41: 8-bit Salute CTF!

Nvm wrong forum I guess
    Last edited by programmed; 05-10-2014 at 03:51 PM.

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

When I create a tournament using the forums tournament system, it automatically posts in the PL section because that's how the developers designed it to be back when the tournament system was first implemented.

So, this thread is just excess and can be deleted.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    When I create a tournament using the forums tournament system, it automatically posts in the PL section because that's how the developers designed it to be back when the tournament system was first implemented.

So, this thread is just excess and can be deleted.
    Ahh ok

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Dude. For a minute I was really excited. Hmmm I wonder if I talked with the devs and got a level 50 tournament started in the same manner? Hmmmm...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Dude. For a minute I was really excited. Hmmm I wonder if I talked with the devs and got a level 50 tournament started in the same manner? Hmmmm...
    Ikr! I was seriously about to go on an old 40 and level it to 41 until I saw the words "arcane" and "stun pet". And you should totally do that bro!

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by programmed:1634183
    Ikr! I was seriously about to go on an old 40 and level it to 41 until I saw the words "arcane" and "stun pet". And you should totally do that bro!
    Once I saw "pet" I stopped reading :P

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Lol I wish the devs cared that much for us!

EDIT: IDC
    Last edited by Sus; 08-24-2014 at 04:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

i wish we can still enter for this contest
    and btw there is no date when the register will start and end -_-
    and its hard to find cause its not on the contest section of the forums....