Thread: Elite Tindirin Maps - Rogue Survival Advice Needed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Exclamation Elite Tindirin Maps - Rogue Survival Advice Needed

So I just capped my rogue and joined the amazing Elite PvE guild Elite Runners. I've just started to run severel Elite Tindirin maps with numerous guildies and i believe I need to concentrate on surviving more since my death rate has risen quite a bit.

My build is:

Aimed 5/5
    Nox 5/5
    Pierce 2/5 - only health return
    Veil 4/5 - no explosion
    Traps 4/5 - no explosion

My stats with Malison:

I use Magmatic Daggers with Traps for mobs, but switch to an Expedition Recurve Bow with Pierce for bosses.
    My wepons, ring, and amulet are all Brutallity versions for more health and damage, with Tarlok Potency helm and armour. Scorch is my main pet for his shield, along with Malison.

Nonetheless, I still find myself dead more often then I'd like to.
    Any advice?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Essentially, your weakness is due to your helm and armor. Tarlok, while wonderful for Shuyal isn't nearly enough for these brutal Tindirin maps.

I would suggest either upgraded Mythic helm and Armor, or Magma gear. With Magma, you will have lower DMG but much higher armor than with Mythic.

I typically use Mythics for my runs, and even with 1400 armor, I still get one-hit by Shamans and Scorns and every single boss. With Tindirin, it is super important to use a stick and move strategy - where you use your skill rotation (Aimed/Nox/Pierce in my case) then immediately get outside of melee range. This will dramatically increase your survivability.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Ah the elite Tindrin. Some advice:

1. Pot up. Simply a must, you'll need pots here more than anywhere

2. Tactics. Kali summed up some also I'd like to add charging pierce to get away from the red zone along with everything.

3. Gear. Your gear as gear is good, but myths I think are a must here. Even with them these things are hard, yet alone with your gear. I would suggest you farm lower elites and save up cash for myths and then start farming Tindrin. These things are hard because you're basically doing a map with 41 lvl elite mobs with 36 gear, so you understand why I think myths are a must.

4. Pets. Mali and Scorch are good, yes, but I would suggest you use Valkin, Loki, Grimm or Slag if you have them. They'll provide ya with a nice boost and a bit more durability. And if Grimm starts banishing you'll have less work to do

5. Team. Team is everything. Unless you're Kali you're gonna need a good team to pass these. A good tank is half the battle won.

6. Knowing when to fight and when to run. This can't be stressed enough, if you know which mobs to skip and run you'll save yourself a load of pots and time.

Hope I helped, good luck farming!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

before coming in elite runners .. i was just a noob and started elite willl any sense alone where i cant kill a single mob ...... elite runners taught me a lot now i know in which map of game which to kill which to park and where to run and how to kill..... before joining i just sstarted killing without running from red zones .... so getting killled a lot alot alot .... but after joining guild i realizes that i was wrong and then now . i can run a elite tindrin solo .... seriously ..... if someone neeeds to know something or want to have elite join this ..... this will modify u from nooob to pro... ....,.... this guild really helps me .... firstly i play 2 hrs daily looting 30 -4-k ... but now i m playing 4 -5 hours out of curousity to meet all and now my loot rate per daay is 500 - 600k.. and brought mythic helmet in just 1 day .. this guild is realy. can be a good teacher. and it would tell u about all the stats ur build in elite how to kill how to park.. how to run ... and the another thing i liked the most in the guild is their teamwork .... both as advising and in elites .. they help me alot ..... and guide me alot ... ty ER ty

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to utkarsh saini For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Hi Azemen,
    My suggestions for you are these:

Stick to using bow throughout the entire elite run.
    I understand daggers do aoe damage;
    bows, however, give you the advantage of range attack.
    This means you can better kite melee-ranged attack mobs (e.g. armadillos) -- essentially increasing your chances of survivability.

You may also like to consider switching pets depending on the wave of mobs you're faced with.
    For instance, against the armadillos that usually one-hit rogues...
    use a pet that gives you high health (e.g. malison and ribbit).
    Then swap to a damage pet (e.g. samael or shadowlurk),
    and go in for the kill when tackling the easier mobs, like the unarmoured whelps.

Hope this helps,
    Good luck !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

T

Lockshock

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Lightbulb its a tough expansion...

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Essentially, your weakness is due to your helm and armor. Tarlok, while wonderful for Shuyal isn't nearly enough for these brutal Tindirin maps.

I would suggest either upgraded Mythic helm and Armor, or Magma gear. With Magma, you will have lower DMG but much higher armor than with Mythic.

I typically use Mythics for my runs, and even with 1400 armor, I still get one-hit by Shamans and Scorns and every single boss. With Tindirin, it is super important to use a stick and move strategy - where you use your skill rotation (Aimed/Nox/Pierce in my case) then immediately get outside of melee range. This will dramatically increase your survivability.
    Kalizzaa is right... even with the best gears and nox you can still get one hit at times. You need to throw then entire book at these maps like Kalizzaa says. If you can't afford the mythics get the best gear you can and farm the Magma gear urself... it works.

You are going to have to accept some deaths and either plat respawn or get used to running back to party. It's like this for everyone.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to notfaded1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

You don't want to know how much my K:DR has worsened since posting my original stats above . . .

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I felt obliged to reply. I soloed each elite map as did them in teams. I can tell u that u have ur stats messed up.

Assuming u can afford mythic gear, all of it, then for basic points go all the way dext.

Passive
    Might 5
    Dex 5
    Int 5
    Crit 5
    Armor 2-3

Abilities
    Pierce 3 (health and one extra attack) this ability will save u lots of health pots, although in elites rarely used as u want to stay as far from them as possible. If enemy's attention is focusef ekswhere hit it and heal urslef.
    Nox 5 awesome skill with elo bow, just freaking amazing thing!!! Saves me millions!
    Aimed 5
    Razor 4-5 this adds u dodge for survivability in tight situations. Dont use unless u r being in wrong place at wrong time. Combine with esteban for optimum dmg and dodge.

Dont use other skills as they r useless. Ur combo for normal maps is aimed/nox/pierce normal attacks in between. Elites r taugher so aimed/nox normal, repeat.

Ur basic skills should be adopted to the lvl of mana that u have. You dont want to spam too many pots as they r too costly. So, if u cant afford mythic gear, buy one that adds u mana and slightly reduces dmg or add 20-30 points to intelligence. Rogues after all are the most costly class to run around.

U might want to use med packs if u pvp or ur low lvl.