Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solution to inflation and other economic issues.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Solution to inflation and other economic issues.....

Anarchist posted a good idea yesterday, and I would like to expand on it and propose an addition to the game which I think will have a very large positive effect on the economy and inflation...

1) Imagine if STS were to introduce a new mythic item into the game, perhaps a level 41 amulet (since we are well overdue for a mythic amulet and are still using level 30 mythic amulets). Or it could be a ring, or any type of item...

2) This new mythic item does NOT come in crates or chests, nor does it drop from bosses. It is an item which can only be acquired by crafting, or by buying it from someone else. This item will be tradable.

3) To craft this item, first you need a Dragonite Bar.

4) Next crafting item you need is 3 Conquistador gems. A Conquistador gem can be crafted by combining 10 Conquistador essences.

5) Where do you get Conquistador essences? You get these by visiting the Conquistador blacksmith in Expedition Camp. He can make a Conquistador essence by melting down any Conquistador legendary item for you and extracting the essence from it. He charges 100k gold for each extracted Conquistador essence.

6) Conquistador gems are tradable, but Conquistador essences are NOT tradable.

7) Once you have a Dragonite Bar and 3 Conquistador gems, you can craft them into the new mythic amulet.

What are the economic benefits of this?

1) Increase demand and higher price for Dragonite Bars. This will encourage farming for Dragkin teeth, something that has declined in recent weeks as the price of Dragonite Bars has decreased.

2) Gold sink -- you will need 30 Conquistador essences to craft the 3 Conquistador gems, and each of those essences will cost 100k from the NPC. So that is a total of 3m in gold removed from the game for each amulet that is crafted. And since only the more wealthy players will be crafting this item, the gold sink will only affect wealthy players.

3) Increased demand for the cheap Conquistador legendary items that come in Locked Crates. You will need 30 Conquistador items to get the 30 Conquistador gems, and these 30 Conquistador items will be destroyed once they are melted by the blacksmith. This will mean decreased supply of these items, and thus increased prices, so perhaps they will actually have some value, which will encourage people to open more crates. This will also cause an increase in price of the magma items, since we all know that the cheap crate pinks pull down the prices of the farmable legendary items. So once again, this will encourage elite farming.

I think this solution addresses each of the problems that plague the AL economy. It encourages farming by driving up prices of both elite legendary items and items crafted with Dragkin teeth. It encourages people to open more locked crates. It removes gold from the game which will help with inflation. And lastly, it gives people a reasonably priced mythic item they can work towards without needing plat or having to rely on luck of opening elite chests. I think this is a win/win for all.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Energizeric; 05-13-2014 at 04:36 PM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

I really like this idea ! I hope sts will approuve this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

I like it.

One comment though: 3m + dragonite bar isn't cheap so the stats should give a sharper edge than the L31 mythic amulet.
    Credits to Iady

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Not bad, but to make it a bit more "STG friendly" the Conquistador Blacksmith might need to take, say, 12 hours or even a day to create each essence ... bypass-able by plat, of course. Unless the amulet is gonna take like 5 days to craft, and THAT would be bypassed with plat. They would then control the market on it at first of course, but it would still be attainable over time for the average player.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Anarchist posted a good idea yesterday, and I would like to expand on it and propose an addition to the game which I think will have a very large positive effect on the economy and inflation...

1) Imagine if STS were to introduce a new mythic item into the game, perhaps a level 41 amulet (since we are well overdue for a mythic amulet and are still using level 30 mythic amulets). Or it could be a ring, or any type of item...

2) This new mythic item does NOT come in crates or chests, nor does it drop from bosses. It is an item which can only be acquired by crafting, or by buying it from someone else. This item will be tradable.

3) To craft this item, first you need a Dragonite Bar.

4) Next crafting item you need is 3 Conquistador gems. A Conquistador gem can be crafted by combining 10 Conquistador essences.

5) Where do you get Conquistador essences? You get these by visiting the Conquistador blacksmith in Expedition Camp. He can make a Conquistador essence by melting down any Conquistador legendary item for you and extracting the essence from it. He charges 100k gold for each extracted Conquistador essence.

6) Conquistador gems are tradable, but Conquistador essences are NOT tradable.

7) Once you have a Dragonite Bar and 3 Conquistador gems, you can craft them into the new mythic amulet.

What are the economic benefits of this?

1) Increase demand and higher price for Dragonite Bars. This will encourage farming for Dragkin teeth, something that has declined in recent weeks as the price of Dragonite Bars has decreased.

2) Gold sink -- you will need 30 Conquistador essences to craft the 3 Conquistador gems, and each of those essences will cost 100k from the NPC. So that is a total of 3m in gold removed from the game for each amulet that is crafted. And since only the more wealthy players will be crafting this item, the gold sink will only affect wealthy players.

3) Increased demand for the cheap Conquistador legendary items that come in Locked Crates. You will need 30 Conquistador items to get the 30 Conquistador gems, and these 30 Conquistador items will be destroyed once they are melted by the blacksmith. This will mean decreased supply of these items, and thus increased prices, so perhaps they will actually have some value, which will encourage people to open more crates. This will also cause an increase in price of the magma items, since we all know that the cheap crate pinks pull down the prices of the farmable legendary items. So once again, this will encourage elite farming.

I think this solution addresses each of the problems that plague the AL economy. It encourages farming by driving up prices of both elite legendary items and items crafted with Dragkin teeth. It encourages people to open more locked crates. It removes gold from the game which will help with inflation. And lastly, it gives people a reasonably priced mythic item they can work towards without needing plat or having to rely on luck of opening elite chests. I think this is a win/win for all.

Any thoughts?
    So, in theory, these amulet's cost can be explained in terms of

A = 30c + 3,000,000 + d

Where c is cost per conquistador weapon, d is cost per dragonite bar, and A is the cost in gold to craft an amulet.

Let's take bless' estimate of 3mil per dragonite bar and my 20k per conquistador weapon.

A = 30(20,000) + 3,000,000 + (3,000,000)
    A = 6,600,000
    A ~ 7,000,000

I think the price per dragonite bar is a little low. Never the less, by this estimate, the amulets will cost 7mil to craft each. I understand you are trying to decrease inflation. But, we don't need to help the farmers that much, William Jennings Bryan.

---

I am with you with removing the spam looted conquistador gear, but I don't think the dragonite bar is a good item to use in the recipe (and the cost to harvet conquistador essences is a little too steep for the farmers that this is aimed to help). Perhaps, a new "dragonprince bar" or such could be implemented as an alternative lower teeth cost ingredient.
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 05-13-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Not bad, but to make it a bit more "STG friendly" the Conquistador Blacksmith might need to take, say, 12 hours or even a day to create each essence ... bypass-able by plat, of course. Unless the amulet is gonna take like 5 days to craft, and THAT would be bypassed with plat. They would then control the market on it at first of course, but it would still be attainable over time for the average player.
    Nah, the crafting of both the gems and the amulet itself will take probably some time. I'd imagine the amulet could take 3 days and the gems probably 8-12 hours each.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

I don't think that I can spend my life and soul to craft this thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Finally. This what i have been proposing since Day 1 to defeat AL inflation.

Costantly swapping the legendary items off the game to revalue them.
    Making the best legendaries items lootable through farming AND NOT CRATES as materials for crafting myths.
    Giving the best legendaries good stats almost the same as the myths.
    Making them event related.
    Aps related when you craft the myth.
    And bidding a high fee for crafting the myths through the legendaries for gold sink.

I am glad somebody finally listened, thank you.

Of course i like this idea. It reflects the points i wrote earlier but one thing don't agree on is the use of conquistador items as crafting material it defeats the goal right from the start line.

Lemme explain......
    Using the conquistador items that drop from locked creates to craft anything means you are making the money go into the hands of the players that can afford plats and are probably already rich. I would rather use a gear lootable from the elite maps for example the claymores or something similar.

I believe the goal is to sap money from the rich and pass it to average farmers not unknowingly add more to the rich players pocket increasing nflation.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 05-14-2014 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Nah, the crafting of both the gems and the amulet itself will take probably some time. I'd imagine the amulet could take 3 days and the gems probably 8-12 hours each.
    I see, each gem takes 10 essence but you need to craft 3 gems. Yeah, the crafting of the gems time plus the crafting of the amulet time should add up to give bypass platters a head start.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I see, each gem takes 10 essence but you need to craft 3 gems. Yeah, the crafting of the gems time plus the crafting of the amulet time should add up to give bypass platters a head start.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

So, if i read correctly. I see the potential in this but....as you say, the rich will be creating these things, therefore controlling the price of them. If what crow says is accurate in the price to obtain one, how much do you think people would sell them for?? So, the rich will still get rich and potentially have yet another item to squash those less fortunate (in terms of pvp and capability of farming). Just some thoughts. And ofc, nothing is a perfect solution.

Sent from my youknowwhat using youknowwhich

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kellhus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Not everyone has a couple million lying around in the game 👎

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    650 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhus View Post
    So, if i read correctly. I see the potential in this but....as you say, the rich will be creating these things, therefore controlling the price of them. If what crow says is accurate in the price to obtain one, how much do you think people would sell them for?? So, the rich will still get rich and potentially have yet another item to squash those less fortunate (in terms of pvp and capability of farming). Just some thoughts. And ofc, nothing is a perfect solution.

The rich can't get that rich when there's a controllable flow aspect to an item. In this case when the price is that high, many will try it too and the price will find it's course. If people aren't willing to sell, then at least they can use it! The whole point of this process and I agree that this should be the future, is to allow the junk pinks to have so use. Which warrior would actually use +30 Dex, 15int item for example. Not only would the junk Pinks have some value, it also creates a gold sink in general. Currently, the only gold sink is CS where 10m items sinks about 500k gold (5%)

You have my full support in this idea. Lately elites aren't really worth running when you keep looting veggie junk. Even the pinks unless it's the best is junky.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I don't agree. You think 7m to someone who has over 40m is much esp when they can turn a large profit on it?
    Yea i totally luv the idea about the pinks, just not sure this sink will be as effective as perceived. But like i said, nothing is perfect solution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

The problem with these awesome ideas is that they are difficult to implement and usually have hidden factors that result to situations we can't be prepared for (eg. how will the rich price the new mythic amulets, as mentioned above). But mostly that by the time this will finish getting implemented, we'll be playing a different game in terms of unpredictability over the incoming changes (eg. how will new mythics, new event and new client affect things?) - think about how small, careful and infrequent moves STS makes with every subject at hand.

It sounds like a well-rounded solution though, so +1 from me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doobiez View Post
    Not everyone has a couple million lying around in the game ��
    I only got like 2k :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Im 50/50 with this idea, while crafting your otems does sound cool. 3mil gold sink is crazy! On top of a dragonite bar cost, and with sacrificing the conquistador legend armors will probably cause them to rise in price. On top of what i assume os lengthy wait times. I get this creates a harder atmosphere for the rich players to attain pro items(Which isn't the best idea as they're the ones who usually poor money into AL.) this makes these "pro" items almost inaccessible to casual players, or ones who aren't sitting on Midas Touch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Dislike--it's intended to be a gold sink for the rich, but at the end, it'll actually profit them.

-3 mil? Sounds like a lot, but remember the economy...3m isn't what it used to be. You can't even fully gear a twink with that much. There are too many people in the game who see the 'Filthy Rich' title and think, "lol, poor." Heck, I'm no where near wealthy in this game and consider 3m to not be all that much.

-3 mil to make a mythic? Most rich crate poppers will pop open more than 3mil in crates to try obtaining a specific mythic--3mil is "only" 300 crates at 10k each.

-Many are lazy and will pay a premium to just skip all the crafting. This can help the grinding farmer, to sell to the rich. But then...it just takes two people with the Midas Touch to buy up the market and fix the price. Look at the shards and arcane rings...items WAY pricier are able to be strangled. The rich will put a strangle on the price of the bars, buy up the gems, craft the amulet, and sell at a huge price.

-Removing trash pinks out of the market would be great. However, giving them a high demand would have an impact...their price would shoot up. Who does that help? Sure, the occasional crate popper will get to make a little by actually being able to sell their conquistador doublet of stability...but think about those who have caused the problem...they'll have a flood gate of gold now. The rich guy popping open 300 crates will be seeing a nice stream of revenue from selling all those pinks.

I like the goal of this...heck, the way you set it up is actually fun as it adds an element to the gameplay, but I don't think it is the proper way of reaching the goal, as it'll backfire. Yes, gold will be removed from the economy, but it isn't steep enough to effect the rich when gold will flow up towards the rich from the poor. What it'll give us is an economy with slightly less gold in it, but everyone will remain 'in place' proportionately.

Really...as lame as it would be...making it a simple process of buying new mythic amulets from an npc for 25mil each is likely the best way to cause a gold sink on the rich, without allowing any ways for them to profit from it.
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I would much rather see something more along the lines of the Nordr elite questline.

Something where 100 elite Tindirin bosses killed gives you a Dragon Gem, which would be a mythic crafting element (like the Dragonite bar), that can be combined with other crafting elements to create a Mythic ring. This would encourage farming elites, and, as those who run Tindirin elites consistently know, that it is both a gold sink, and a platinum sink - gold sink in the form of thousands of pots per day, and a platinum sink in the form of all the elixirs and revives.

This eliminates the luck based aspect of the game that I find so distasteful, and rewards those that have the skill and fortitude to actually complete 100 Tindirin elites.

Plus, another interesting aspect could be that a Dragon Gem could be combined with different crafting elements to generate different results. Perhaps, the Dragon Gem, combined with Conquistador gems could produce a Mythic Amulet, while the Dragon Gem, combined with a Dragonite Bar could yield a ring. I could even see combining the Dragon Gem with Dragonbone Daggers to produce a mythic dagger.

This would result in new gear that can be farmed for those with enough skill, and can produce significant income that is not luck based. In turn, this could stimulate the economy, and incentivize people to run elites, which drains both gold and platinum from the economy. Obviously, the rich will merch these items to attain the best equipment, which is fine of course, but at least it is a give back to those that do something other than farm locked, or pop crates.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    I would much rather see something more along the lines of the Nordr elite questline.

Something where 100 elite Tindirin bosses killed gives you a Dragon Gem, which would be a mythic crafting element (like the Dragonite bar), that can be combined with other crafting elements to create a Mythic ring. This would encourage farming elites, and, as those who run Tindirin elites consistently know, that it is both a gold sink, and a platinum sink - gold sink in the form of thousands of pots per day, and a platinum sink in the form of all the elixirs and revives.

This eliminates the luck based aspect of the game that I find so distasteful, and rewards those that have the skill and fortitude to actually complete 100 Tindirin elites.

Plus, another interesting aspect could be that a Dragon Gem could be combined with different crafting elements to generate different results. Perhaps, the Dragon Gem, combined with Conquistador gems could produce a Mythic Amulet, while the Dragon Gem, combined with a Dragonite Bar could yield a ring. I could even see combining the Dragon Gem with Dragonbone Daggers to produce a mythic dagger.

This would result in new gear that can be farmed for those with enough skill, and can produce significant income that is not luck based. In turn, this could stimulate the economy, and incentivize people to run elites, which drains both gold and platinum from the economy. Obviously, the rich will merch these items to attain the best equipment, which is fine of course, but at least it is a give back to those that do something other than farm locked, or pop crates.
    Doesn't remove gold that is in circulation.

The point of this, looking at the title, is to remove gold from the economy that has been spammed out by lockeds primarily.

The only things that truly take gold out of the economy are potions and feeding pets. Both are dirt cheap compared to the payouts from lockeds.