Thread: Gold to Cost Ratio

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Default Gold to Cost Ratio

So a lot of people ask/beg me for gold when I'm sitting in town, or ask me how are you rich, or how can I be rich. And I feel bad for these new players, so sometimes I would gift them sets I don't use, I.E Shivering set, Crystalline Sets to them for them to use/ get a boost in the game.
    Some of them are even nice enough to gift it back later.

But when I come to think of why these new players are so poor, or are just stuck. I boiled it down to one thing. The Gold to Cost ratio.

The amount of gold that is dropping is so low, new players can't even afford simple gear to keep leveling, let alone the top gear at that level. Not just the gold drop, but the quest payouts are extremely low. Average quests reward what? 300 gold? 500 gold? (Correct me if I'm wrong). Like what am I going to do with 500 gold?

I came across someone asking me how do I make adequate money in PL, I said there's a lot of ways, but when I asked him why he doesn't have Iceberg Gear on ( he's a level 30 bear). He replyed I don't have any gold, and the price is too high. And the price for an iceberg set is what? 30k?

Now to take this to the next step, I invited my sister to play PL, ( first time nub) and she was hooked onto it. Now, she told me she was hooked on when she was level 15. I didn't teach or tell her anything, how to make money, quests, elixers nothing, she was on her own, for now that is.

Later on when she was around level 35, I logged into her account I saw her wearing some crap gear. She wasn't even wearing a purple item, it was all "rare" items. And the amount of gold she had? 17k after liquidating. And she had a good amount of the quests done. So I gave her Voodoo/Halloween Mix set, because It is the best set at that level for a mage, she's a mage btw.

So I checked in later that month again on her account at level 48, this time she had a nice 85k, but she didn't get it from gold drops and liquidating. She sold the Halloween/Voodoo set, and bought some good pinks, but pinks are extremely cheap at 45.

Once she was level 53 she had 50k left and some cheap sewer items on. Now keep in mind I told her not to pvp, main reason I knew she would do bad, but new players would be curious right? How can new players even come close to being good in pvp without adequate gear/weapons, and it just keeps getting expensive the higher you get.

I'm not requesting STG to do anything really. This isn't a complaint to them.

I just want to hear what YOU the people have to say.

Thank you

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to largecommand For This Useful Post: