Ok first off - I will preface this by saying, I understand STS is NOT CONNECTED to NativeX and STS does NOT control NativeX and their granting/verifying completed offers.
Secondly - I do appreciate the free plat offers, and would prefer to keep NativeX as an option, just with improvements.

IMHO, the percentage of offers that are completed, yet not verified, is not a coincidence. Clearly NativeX receives compensation for this service, and every time an offer is successfully completed, but the user's account is not credited, NativeX makes more money (NativeX gets the compensation from Offer Sponsors, but does not have to give out the platinum, which is a real commodity and limited in amount.) My suspicions are heightened on this issue, because it seems like the large plat offers are the hardest to get automatically verified/granted, while the 2 plat free app offers are much less of a problem.

Oftentimes, NativeX does not grant the currency unless you complain in e-mail form. Even then, it takes 2-3 e-mails and screenshots to actually get your platinum. I just don't think it's right to have to e-mail several times to get what one is entitled to, especially with the "confirms instantly" label. Moreover, I know there have been offers I have completed and simply lost track of, and there are other offers that are very difficult to prove I completed. (Do I send a screenshot of me beating the first dungeon in "Soul Guardians: Age of Midgaard" offer? How do I prove I successfully completed a survey -- which btw NEVER verify for me. Also when NativeX asks you to send screenshots of e-mail confirmations -- it seems like somewhat of a hoax/making you jump through hoops to avoid granting plat -- clearly I could just photoshop the "proof" (not that I have done that, nor would I ever.)

Please share your experiences with NativeX -- good or bad. Does anyone agree with me or disagree on my feelings about NativeX? I encourage discussion. I would also like to get a better picture, as I have a small-ish sample size just using my own experience. My bottom line point -- is there anything that we, as a community, can do about this? Is there anyway that we can increase the rate of automatic verifications for offers we have successfully completed? Is there anyway that STS can speak with NativeX on our behalf to let them know of the problems -- I'm sure NativeX cares more about an STS complaint than a single user. All I am asking for is to get what We are entitled to, and I don't think we should have to jump through so M any hoops and cross our fI ngerS tHat plat wIll actually be granted. I don't think that's too much to ask.

AGAIN: I WOULD LIKE TO REPEAT, I AM NOT CRITICIZING STS / ARCANE LEGENDS, AS THEY DO NOT CONTROL NATIVEX. TL;DR. Much love for AL community! 143.

-Gingeronimooo (LVL 37 Warrior)
<Guardians of Mythic>