Thread: Question: Dex bear - periodically low dmg?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Question: Dex bear - periodically low dmg?

Hi,
    Hopefully this is the right place to post my question.

I've got a lvl 33 dex bear with a nice crossbow, I love it but sometimes he hits really low (0-12). Normally he hours around 65-110

I've got this in any situation, any mob.
    I thought your is really strange
    is it?
    thanks!,
    Justin

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Isn't a dex bear in endgame pvp character? Unless you're rolling a twink, in which case a mage or bird will probably still be better at that level, you're probably better rolling strength so you are more useful in groups and re spec at 50. Bowbears are pretty worthless in groups, because they only do single target auto damage. Frankly, I don't even know if they can take heavy spike damage unless they are pretty decked out.

People use bow bears in pvp, because they can do decent single target range damage and have a lot of stuns and snares. Hasn't bow bears been nerfed though?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Nah dex bears aren't always an end game character. Any character with a ranged weapon is usually easier to level up than one with a melee weapon. Just because of the range, you get to kill faster, and especially at low levels where the mobs are way weaker.

About your damage, you could be attacking a high armor'd opponent. Since armor = damage reduced, when your bear is attacking a mob doing 65-110, and when he attacks a mob just doing 0-12, you must be attacking a mob with at least 65+ more armor than the weaker mob.

Also, maybe your own buffs make you do that much damage? Rage does (+50? or was it +30?) damage and additional crit, so it could be your additional damage + crit figures showing up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks for the replies,
    Could be that the mobs have more armor, and I know str bears are better in groups but I really don't feel like tanking in this game.

Also, rage indeed buffs my damage and criticals are also doing more damage but you can see whey it is a plain hit or a crit.

Hasn't bow bears been nerfed though?
    Don't know, think I started playing again (with platina this time) after some huge updates.
    Have they been nerfed?

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Not just dex/bow bears per se, but the whole rebalance made all classes played better pure. At least in some aspects. I think it just made other builds overwhelm the existing overpowered builds like:

1. Paladins
    2. Warbirds

Took over Dex Bears and Dex Mages. So basically now str > dex for classes that can do damage even without its main stat. Though I still think dex > str for birds, some just prefer to be tanky rather than use a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink

@Ellyidol

Ah okay, I'll just reroll a bird than.
    Thanks guys :-)