Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guide For Endgame Int Mages: Global Cooldown Time and Skill Activation Time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Default Guide For Endgame Int Mages: Global Cooldown Time and Skill Activation Time

Hey guys! This is my first guide so please give me some constructive criticism! Thanks and if this helped, please hit the tnanks button on the lower left of the post!

People have been complaining about "mana shield lag" or heal lag and stuff like that. In my opinion, Global Cooldown is definitely necessary to learn skill in PvP and in a much lesser extent, PvE. That way, "nubs" will not be randomly spamming kills and somehow getting a kill.

I think Mages have the most spells with a skill lag time. Skill lag may be like mana shield, lightning, icestorm, frostbite, heal, drain, and revive. Bird's skill lag spell can be the thorn wall. Being aware of these lag times with help a lot in PvP. For example, if a bird is fighting a mage in endgame, the bird can easily, with swift elite bow set, thron root, blast shot, and hit repulse/blind shot. However to prevent that from happening, one can utilize the skill lag time of mana shield.

This is what I do as an int mage vs. any birds (usually) in respect to the mana shield: I usually buff and then wait for a sec and taunt the birds without getting hit/stunned. Then, I hit mana shield and wait 1 sec and charge at the bird. M.S. has about a 2 sec lag time. So within that 1 sec, the bird would hit its blast into my health pool, but the next attack would hit my mana. Now I can use my mana to shield me from dying as well as nuking it.

Heal's lag time can be used because it requires real skill to heal at the right time especially in CTF. When you get hit you can heal right before the nuke and then pray for the best. Healing just before the nuke will give heal enough time to actually work. You will see your health pool depleting rapidly and then an increase. Same thing with healing tanking characters. You heal right when they are getting hit so that lag time can heal it while it is fighting.

Revive has one of the longest, but in my opinion, the best lag time. This one takes REAL skill. When reviving, you want to revive your teammates into safety. (This is CTF strategy btw.) When they die and in range to a corner of a wall with nothing blocking it (not including any characters), then you go towards the wall. And step out of the corner, hit revive and immediately run back towards the wall. This lag time will transport the character not where you hit it but the position where you revived it 1 sec after you hit it. Also, when you hit revive, you need to make sure that no enemy is trying to nuke you. If they are, try healing right after reviving. Don't worry, this is one of the hardest skills to master.

Frostbite has a lag too. (A very important skill in Arena.) You can hit frostbite and plan your fire to hit combo. Just wait when the skill is 3/4 the way to your enemy and hit fire. Very crucial to hit it at that time because if your enemy is an experienced mage, they will just heal right after it gets 3/4 of its way to them, and remove the frostbite, thus rendering you fire useless as a combo. Same idea with icestorm except make sure you're in range.

At endgame or close to endgame, drain is the most vital, strongest, and most versatile of the 12 skills. Not only does it hit your enemy hard, but it replenishes your health pool. Drain also has a very long lag time. Just make sure when you drain when getting nuked, don't heal to quickly. You need to know all of these lag times. I think drain has a 3 sec lag time, not sure. In arena, if you and your enemy are both late mana shielders, then drain timing combined with heal is important. When they drain and then fire, make sure you heal right after fire goes through, because you know that the lag time is going to be gone, so you need a somewhat full health pool to tank the drain. While you are healing at the right time, get your drain and fire in too. Hopefully your skills reign supreme!

Lightning- not really as crucial but when vsing non-str characters, you want to try to get light in in range. Especially for kiting int mages and birds. For int mages that don't use mana shield immediately, you want to try to make sure to get light in. That lag time will get them because when you hit light and then fire, fire hits first, and then the lag time for lightning finally goes through.

The other skills I really don't think have a significant lag time: firestorm, blessing of vitality, blessing of might, weakness, and nightmare.

From hardest to master to easiest in my opinion:

1. Reviving
    2. Mana Shield
    3. Heal
    4. Drain (Disputable between heal and drain)
    5. Frostbite + Firestorm combo
    6. Lightning

Sorry if this is too long, but this is just a brief overview!

Thanks and that's all! Plus, if I made any mistakes, please do post and send me the grammatical/content errors.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sheugokin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts

Nice guide

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Promagin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Nice. This would help mages a lot.
    ya YEET

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Revive has one of the longest, but in my opinion, the best lag time. This one takes REAL skill. When reviving, you want to revive your teammates into safety. (This is CTF strategy btw.) When they die and in range to a corner of a wall with nothing blocking it (not including any characters), then you go towards the wall. And step out of the corner, hit revive and immediately run back towards the wall. This lag time will transport the character not where you hit it but the position where you revived it 1 sec after you hit it. Also, when you hit revive, you need to make sure that no enemy is trying to nuke you. If they are, try healing right after reviving. Don't worry, this is one of the hardest skills to master.

U can sometimes do it the correct timing u rev ur self
    Done it a couple times my self

<3
    hai doods

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Nice guide Sheu. Yeah, a common misconception is that people think mages suck because of their delayed skills. I, in fact, think it's what makes makes a good and bad player distinct from each other.

As a mage, unless you have mana shield on, timing up your drain and heal is probably the most essential thing you can do. When I 1v1 vs Pallies, I have to make sure I use drain about half a second after they've casted spells, and then use heal right when I'm about to be frozen.

Although str mages are more OP, playing INT mage is 10x more fun. You feel pretty good about yourself when you get a kill, plus (IMO) it's the best team/support player when used appropriately.

The revive is KEY in CTF. That small delay time is what keeps your teammates from dying again. Sheu, you should try using a rhino and their 14 meter revive (9 skill points into revive). It has a slightly longer delay than a mages rev, and it's pretty fun to use.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

As a pro mage I have to disagree with this guide and decline to offer any sort of constructive criticism.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    As a pro mage I have to disagree with this guide and decline to offer any sort of constructive criticism.
    Noob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX:1643216
    Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Noob
    Lol ^_^
    ya YEET

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

@ All

I really appreciate your feedback guys. Really means a lot! So happy

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheugokin For This Useful Post:

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Lol noob sheu made a guide

I like it

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk 2

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

What separates a pro mage and a noob mage is dudetus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reun View Post
    This guide separates boys from men

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin View Post
    This guide separates boys from men
    What

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Great thread!

Another fun thing about revive is that the delay allows you to revive an ally even before he dies. So, if you see your teammate about to be beckonstomped into oblivion you can press revive a second before he drops dead (while he's still in range) and revive him even though he is lying in other corner of the map.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaunab For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Wao Alex pro mage :3 I'll put that in practice when i get my mage to 75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Lol naomi please you pro at L 1, you can own me regardless lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Sheugokin thanks for useful information I'm always killed xD but can you recommend the right skills set up for an int fiery mage? Like what points to give each skill? That would be great! Thanks in advance!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

This is all I can tell you b/c my skills are kinda a secret

Try have Frostbite so your opponent will be frozen for a longer period of time, you can try 9.

Lightning is a must 9

Heal doesn't need to be at 9

1 on Revive

9 on Firestorn is a must

Icestorm is up to you

Drain at 9 is a must

Weakness and nightmare is optional

Mana Shield is up to you but have at least one on it

9 on buffs is a must

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin:1642913

This is what I do as an int mage vs. any birds (usually) in respect to the mana shield: I usually buff and then wait for a sec and taunt the birds without getting hit/stunned. Then, I hit mana shield and wait 1 sec and charge at the bird. M.S. has about a 2 sec lag time. So within that 1 sec, the bird would hit its blast into my health pool, but the next attack would hit my mana. Now I can use my mana to shield me from dying as well as nuking it.
    Why cant you do this vs me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

B/c I like going easy on nubs like u.

Trash pls.