Thread: Shadow Storm Shot too weak? My idea for rebooting the skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Default Shadow Storm Shot too weak? My idea for rebooting the skill.

I've used Shadow Storm Shot on multiple specs throughout my time at AL, and I have to say...for a rogue skill it doesn't do rogue damage and before you say "If it did Aimed Shot damage it'd be op!!!" I just have a few ideas on how to balance the move so that maybe it sees more use on endgame specs.

Buffs
    Increased Base Damage: Right now it does much, much less damage than even the impact shot of Noxious Bolt. Maybe if it was atleast 10-20 damage points higher than Nox. Bolt it could be seen as a compromise between Nox. and Aimed.
    Decreased Cooldown from 5 secs. to 3: A second more than the other two arrow skills allows Shadow Storm to be used more in high pressure situations.(I.E. Km3)
    Auto-Aim properties: One of the flaws of Shadow Storm Shot not found on any other arrow skills is that it lacks the Auto-Aim mechanic. This hinders it's usage massively as it messes up positioning with the mobs and forces you to stop, and turn around. Risking the mob to catch up and surround you.
    Charge bonus: Charging this skill boosts power 15% rather than expanding the hit-box.

Nerfs
    Increased Mana Cost: With the cooldown reduced some of you might already be saying "Broken! No!" but the cooldown comes with the same mana cost as Shadow Piercer.
    Decreased Range of AoE burst: This skill still hits the same amount of targets it did before, but it's reach box is much more confined. In my eyes this is a negative-positive as the range of the AoE is smaller, but in Tombs, Mines, and Elites you're always supposed to keep enemies clustered in order for fastest runs.
    Reduced Bonus Damage on Crit.: The elegant 25% boost is reduced to 10% the added 15% isn't really needed as the base damage of this skill is more pumped up. The 10% should still be a welcomed bonus.

Perks
    2/5Shadow Nightmare: 20% chance to panic enemies hit by Shadow Storm Shot.
    3/5Shadow Focus: Increase damage on critical hit by 10%.
    4/5Dark Damage Increases damage of Shadow Storm by 15%.
    5/5Shadow Touch Increase the maximum number of targets hit by a charged Shadow Storm Shot by 2.
    Last edited by Legallyblonde; 06-18-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

SSS is useless. The biggest issues are that the auto-aim does not work, the range is extremely short, and you need to charge it fully to see any damage done, even on tomb mobs. It does nothing at all to elite mobs.

It needs to be trashed and turned into something else entirely. Preferably something involving mana replacement.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    SSS is useless. The biggest issues are that the auto-aim does not work, the range is extremely short, and you need to charge it fully to see any damage done, even on tomb mobs. It does nothing at all to elite mobs.

It needs to be trashed and turned into something else entirely. Preferably something involving mana replacement.
    Thanks for the input! I've added a fixed auto-aim to the buffs list and with a 5th skill slot and new skills coming in the future maybe they'll add a mana theif skill? We can only hope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Yes, I ever use this skills.
    And can't target enemies correctly
    So it really burn rogue's mana and harder to kill enemies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I honest to god hope they do not add a 5th skill slot. But I do agree, SSS is pathetic

PEACE
    IGN: Rianaku (Warrior) - Couchlock (Sorcerer) - SnackBox (Rogue)