Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What keeps you playing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Default What keeps you playing?

Im curious as to what keep you all playing. Ive been wanting to get back into al but im finding it hard due to how hard gear is.to obtain. Basically unless you merch, have alot of time, or save and sell alot of crates you hardly come across money. Running the new maps even proves difficult as is so i cant imagine elites unless youre able to gear up from this seasons elite pinks which requires the first problem im having. I got friends that would like me to come back and i dont mind sticking around to chat but typing is not my thing. So all this wraps up into me asking this question of how you all stick around. What kept me playing pl for so long and even occasionally now is farming is a option. The thrill of actually seeing a pink drop within a hour even if its not to you is nice but here in al..... Also to top it all off we lost one of the best devs, delphina. Maybe i just need get back into the flow, respec a bit, and see whats actually around to farm that sells so i can gear up (actually im still 36 so that may explain why the new maps are harsh)
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

I play literally for 1v1's. Without them, this wouldn't be a game for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Tbh, nothing. I haven't logged in in couple weeks except for maybe once or twice to check ah or run few maps before bored again.
    For you, you should level up. But tbh the game is pretty bleh atm, imo. Ive even lost interest in pvp.

Sent from my youknowwhat using youknowwhich

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

The people

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

I didn't choose the AL life, the AL life chose me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I stay alot for the social aspect of arcane legends. Which is probably the main reason anyone would play a mmo. I don't like having to farm for hours on luck or do these hard elites for green drops. The only thing that makes it bearable is the variety of people I meet. (Shoutouts to you Cookiepie, Cookiejam, and Finlandia!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Can i quote you , sir?

Stay Titanium

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

The amazing people I have met in-game as well as the friendships I still have with those people after they are gone. That keeps me playing. Without them, I wouldn't be the player I am today. On a side note, farming is fun for me. Knowing that my hard work will actually lead to something (like a locked, or wrathjaw, or even getting that elusive 4 ap I needed so badly to cap).. just some other reasons it keeps me interested. As long as I set goals for myself and my characters, I won't get bored.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=113935&dateline=13970  95830

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Goals all met, 3/4 of the friends i know for long time, gone. Others i chat with via other methods, so yea, nothing much atm. I'm hoping soon there will be bc I'll be pretty upset all my hard work for moot already.

Sent from my youknowwhat using youknowwhich

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kellhus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

My quest to obtain one of every piece of Mage gear. Although gearing up my other 2 mains and my 3 twinks has slowed it down considerably lately. Those last few pieces I need will keep me playing till I complete my collection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Basically, if you have your mythic set, you're set to go (pun intended).

AL is still an interesting game with loads of aspects to delve into. I suggest you try leveling up to 40 first (41 is definitely worth it though, just later) because it makes a very large difference on mob difficulty. Run at the following places:

• -First and second map on Shuyal (party with at least one L40, the more the merrier for your EXP multiplier).
    • -Kraag Tombs IV. The fourth map has been mathematically proven to be the fastest way to earn EXP in any tombs dungeons and pretty much overall your best choice.

Then join a good active guild that does more than chatting and hanging around (eg. Elite Runners, Pheonix, etc.). Once you get 41 the elites are at their proper difficulty and with a few runs in an experienced team, you'll learn everything you need to farm them. So for the farming-gold raising parth you have two paths:

• -Buy Luck elixir kits from auction (9k each) and farm Kraken Mines III. Within thirty minutes you'll get approximately 4-5 locked crates which go for 9k each ATM and will go up to 14k when the new mythics are implemented in them soon.
    • -Buy Luck elixir kits from auction and farm elite maps. After you get the hang of it, you're looking at 10 up to 20 minute runs depending on location (optimal is Caves of Tarewa at ) with possibility of 100k up to 2m drops.

PvP is not going to be very much fun without gear, just throwing a warning in here.

Good luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

This weekend happens to be double XP weekend too, so a good time to grind!

What keeps me playing? The people. The game is still fun and I enjoy playing and farming despite the awful looting lately. And even though we all wish for those super clean efficient runs, there the times when everything goes wrong that tend to be the most memorable!

Like that time when we were trying for elite bloodhammer II AP and after a couple false starts and resets, and 1:30 later, we did it!

That's why I play the game.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Basically, if you have your mythic set, you're set to go (pun intended).

AL is still an interesting game with loads of aspects to delve into. I suggest you try leveling up to 40 first (41 is definitely worth it though, just later) because it makes a very large difference on mob difficulty. Run at the following places:

• -First and second map on Shuyal (party with at least one L40, the more the merrier for your EXP multiplier).
    • -Kraag Tombs IV. The fourth map has been mathematically proven to be the fastest way to earn EXP in any tombs dungeons and pretty much overall your best choice.

Then join a good active guild that does more than chatting and hanging around (eg. Elite Runners, Pheonix, etc.). Once you get 41 the elites are at their proper difficulty and with a few runs in an experienced team, you'll learn everything you need to farm them. So for the farming-gold raising parth you have two paths:

• -Buy Luck elixir kits from auction (9k each) and farm Kraken Mines III. Within thirty minutes you'll get approximately 4-5 locked crates which go for 9k each ATM and will go up to 14k when the new mythics are implemented in them soon.
    • -Buy Luck elixir kits from auction and farm elite maps. After you get the hang of it, you're looking at 10 up to 20 minute runs depending on location (optimal is Caves of Tarewa at ) with possibility of 100k up to 2m drops.

PvP is not going to be very much fun without gear, just throwing a warning in here.

Good luck.
    Buying elixers are a thing now? Well maybe farming will be a bit.better then. Thanks for the other tips, well aware pvp is shot without proper gear. After 31 cap mythics and arcanes began to run pvp.

Seems every one else plays mostly for the social aspect....now if sts implemented a voice.chat or phones had a think like ventrilo or team speak id be talking all day lol
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Hey Cannible, good to see you lurking around the forums still. I took 6 months off from the game and just recently got back into it. From an end-gamer standpoint, not much as changed. The friendships and fond memories are what made me return. I suppose you will have to find what keeps you interested in the game and simply indulge in it. As far as gearing up - no problem! Gems are super cheap to upgrade your armor and if you have friends who are familiar with elites, then you're good to go. I came back to the game with only 3m gold in my pocket (trust me, that's poor now days) and I seem to be doing fairly well. Feel free to hit me up in game if you want to run some maps.
    Geunin / Cheonje
    Proud Member of <Elite Runners>

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Very descriptive, your adaptation of an overused catch phrase was very helpful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I'm waiting for Pacifist Command to be released!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/cont...CIFIST-COMMAND!
    "He who thinks by the inch and talks by a yard, deserves to be kicked by the foot."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Motivation to have the most pve kills
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Killing in pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

The nice ppl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

What keeps me playing is waiting for the Slag weekend.

via orange caramel app.