Thread: Perspective on PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Default Perspective on PvP

Hi everyone! I do not play Pocket Legends anymore but the term "those who cannot do, teach" applies to my situation. (For those who am wondering if I am coming back, the answer is no because my account has either been hacked or is nonexistent because when I tried logging in, it just asks me to register the account)

I've been playing other games and realized how different it is from Pocket Legends! I understand that there are quite a few problems with PvP at the moment and that StG is trying very hard to fix these issues. However, I need to address probably some of the biggest issues in Pocket Legends right now and why it is different from other games. Below is the table of contents on what I will be discussing!

Table of Contents

I. About the Author
    II. Rushing and You
    III. Gear
    IV. Dodge
    V. Objectives and Rewards

I. About the Author
    Hello! I am OverkillED, a former Pocket Legends player and PvPer. I am by no means a "pro player," probably a little over average at best. I have been playing since December 2010 and have been in love with the game. I am no master at any class but experienced in every class (except maybe rhinos). PvP has been the driving force for me to play Pocket Legends because it seemed more fast paced and less "grindy," meaning you can get in and get out - no exp or any stuff like that needed. I found that Pocket Legends PvP was very repetitive and the community had a decline of friendly players, so I decided to give my best hypothesis as to why. (Also, excuse my poor writing skills, I will take any constructive criticism on how to improve this thread)

II. Rushing and You
    "Rushing" is the term used for the act of unexpectedly attacking another player in PvP in Pocket Legends. Rushing is a HUGE problem in PvP, and to "solve" these problems, the "go system" was created. The go system is a system between players in PvP to signal the start of a fight. If two players agree to fight by saying "go," they fight to the death. This is civilized fighting, much like old colonial times of America. There is no guerilla warfare. The system works just fine under the current Pocket Legends, but people are not bound to the go system, right? People who defy the system are called "rushers." Rushing is considered unfair, and it is, but especially in Pocket Legends because when you get killed in one to 3 seconds. Rushing in Pocket Legends is fast paced but maybe too fast paced. Now, into the minds of both sides: rushers, and people who use the go system. The reason why people rush is to have fun or because they find it fun, or because it was how PvP was originally supposed to be, or it could be for their personal reasons. They gain an unfair advantage over the player being rushed and become hated by the community. They are rushed as punishment. (Rush people for rushing because rushing is bad haha). Now, the people who get rushed find rushing unfair because they die too fast. There is ridiculously low chance of fighting back. The reason of dying too fast is low health pools. They get angry and retaliate. In my opinion, the go system is more like dueling in WoW or Order and Chaos; they should be reserved for townes or certain zones where dueling is acceptable. Duels should be able to be rejected without the risk of getting killed, whereas PvP zones should be all out fast paced warfare.

III. Gear
    Pocket Legends, like many other MMOs, is very gear reliant when it comes to PvP. To be competent at PvP, it is generally required to have the optimal gear for the level. This is normal in pretty much every other MMORPG, but I personally find that PL has the worst of it. Generally, the concept of skill > gear is prevalent in Pocket Legends, and it is. I've found that this concept has been prevalent with sewer gear (51-55) the most. People with drainers or random sewer drops that are more skilled than a person with a customized or enchanted set have a high chance of winning. As I move up or down in levels though, I discovered that the skill > gear is less noticeable. A note to add is that the sewers was considered the most balanced patch for PvP by many players that have played during the time. So you must be wondering: if the statement above isn't the problem, then what is? I believe a major problem in PvP, especially in endgame PvP, is the luck factor that is brought up by gear (stats in general).

The endgame sets of PL are ridiculously strong. The damage of the sets are insane. Crits go on an average high of 300-500. The only reason why the damage is considered insane though is because health pools are SO LOW! 400 health is how much base health a mage has. There is no chance of fighting back.

IV. Dodge
    Dodge is probably one of the biggest problem in PL. Dodge is a randomized occurrence that mitigates the damage 100% of one auto attack or skill. The chance of dodge is increased by the dodge rating from gear. Dodge is just random; it does not bring skill into the equation. It is not challenging, it is just flat out random event that could make or break the short fights that are in Pocket Legends. The gear of Pocket Legends brings too much dodge into the game. The solution? REMOVE DODGE! Well, you must be thinking: "But OverkillED, many classes rely on dodge to survive such as birds!" Instead of dodge, a %damage reduction stat could be added into PL. The gear with that %damage reduction reduces damage by a certain percentage, but it should have lowered damage, so that no class can be ridiculously tanky yet do crazy amounts of damage. This does not hurt PvE either or bears for that matter, as they still become tanky.

V. Objectives and Rewards
    This is just an idea of mine, but in order for people to start doing FFA PvP with more motivation if dueling zones are not or cannot be added are rewards. PvP games should last longer and involve capturing points, or holding points. Rewards for winning games should be something like PvP Points, which could be used to buy strictly PvP gear. PvP gear should add a little more %damage reduction against players or have more of certain stats that are more beneficial for PvP With this, people who are poorer are not at a major disadvantage in terms of gear for PvP, because they could grind and win PvP games to get good gear for PvP. The people who get the most kills during these PvP matches should get the most PvP Points, as they are the biggest contributors to the win. Problems may arise from this system, such as farming games. The solution to this would be merely just to not award points for games that have less than 4-6 people or awarding lesser amount of points for one sided games. However, there is one more problem at hand with this system: leaving games. For leaving games, people should get reduced stats or getting banned from PvP for a limited amount of time, such as fifteen minutes.

I understand that PvP is the driving force for many of us to continue to play Pocket Legends, and hopefully these ideas appeal to some of you to help make the game better.

Well everyone, those are my thoughts on current PvP. Again, sorry for bad organization/writing/grammar/anything. Feedback would be appreciated as well as constructive criticism! Thanks and see you all later!

-OverkillED, signing out.
    Last edited by OverkillED; 05-20-2014 at 06:39 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OverkillED For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Long time no see man! Looks like you put a lot of work and time into this, nice job!

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Over! Please come back :P

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Hello

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    Hello

Oh hi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar:1648006
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    Hello

Oh hi
    Did u eat waffles and eggs
    ya YEET

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Let's not get off topic please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

To be honest, theres not much to say. Devs have taken small consideration into restoring endgame

Im still working on that nub thread on how to fix rhinos x.X

Well gj in the thread btw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default Perspective on PvP

I'd love for all of your ideas to be made into a reality! Sadly, the devs must think of us as narby complainers, because they never seem to listen to the community.

Anyway, the devs seem to be having trouble with a solution to spawn killing. The ideal solution would be to make a wall around the spawn that:
    1 Can only be passed through by one team
    2 Can only be passed through once. I don't mind if you ad that to the thread.

Also, nice job! This was a very professionally written thread (it was a quality read )

Hope you come back,
    Depury
    I AM..... Depury | Hammerologist | Mydadsapizza | Lvlbearz | Lvlbatti | Lvlflight | Dished | Rhinotacular | Truesome