Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: To my AL community.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Post To my AL community.

Dear AL players,

I know that these forums are not the place for something like this, but I feel obligated to inform you about what has been happening over the past 5-6 days ( depending on your time zone ) in my country and to ask for your help.

I have been playing AL since the 5th of January of 2013. As time went on and as I got familiar to how wonderful this community is, I felt more and more attached to a big number of players here. In all corners of the world. Now, as I write this, my country has been devastated by floods the size of which exceeds all measurements since the time rainfall began to be measured and recorded. I live in Serbia, a country in the south-east Europe. My country and our neighbor countries of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Croatia have been hit with devastating floods. We have received help from many countries of the world so far: Russia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Belarus, Germany, EU in general, USA, Azerbaijan and many more in the form of rescue teams, water pumps, boats, helicopters and financial donations. To all residents of these countries and the EU: a big thank you. But, this is far from enough.

During these 5 days many people here lost everything they have worked for their entire lives. Cattle, homes, cars, land, farms...all wiped out and destroyed in a matter of minutes. Since the floods began, serbian government opened a fund raising number 1003. Sending an SMS to that number donates 100 RSD ( around 80 euro cents or 1.10 dolars ). Serbian people are helping via this and in rescue shelters all over the country. The situation during those first days has been cataclysmic. Our prime minister asked via the national TV service for 1500 volunteers to defend the town of Šabac. This town is important because Serbia's biggest power plant ( Nikola Tesla ) is located in that town on the banks of the river Sava. If Sava flooded the plant Serbia would have no power and no drinking water for years due to the fact that the chemical storage of a factory called ,,Zorka'' is located there. A breach of those storage areas would lead to the leaking of dangerous chemicals into the river Sava and onto the river Danube and the waterworks, leaving the people of Serbia with no drinking water or technical water for a significant amount of time. 10.000 people volunteered and Šabac was successfully defended.

As the floods began people started moving. Many college students, high school students, men, women and even some children volunteered to help and raise wardrobe, canned food, bottled water, medicines, blankets and other resources needed to help the people driven away from their homes by the surge. Now, we all stand united. Serbs, Croatians, Bosnians, Slovenians, Macedonians, Montenegrins. All of our differences have been set aside and now we are working together as one. But, even tho Šabac and the remaining towns and cities have been flooded and later on defended from additional surges, many cities unfortunately have not been, and the threats still remain.

There is a town in Serbia called Obrenovac. It is located on the coast of the river Sava, south west of the capital Belgrade. The entire population of the town numbers around 71, 72 thousand people. After the initial floods...this is how it looks now.

Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 905
Size:  63.6 KB

Words can not describe the feelings going through our minds right now. And the saddest part is that it's not the only town hit in the floods. Krupanj, Ljubovija, Smederevska Palanka and many more have been completely flooded. In Krupanj landslides destroyed every house that was built there and left the residents with only the things they fled their homes with. Smederevska Palanka is now facing a water problem and shortage, since the floods overflowed into the waterworks and thus making any drinking water unavailable. Drinking water is being distributed there via tow trucks and vans. Ljubovija has still not received any form of significant help due to the fact that it's inaccessible.

Name:  Screen-shot-2014-05-18-at-12.09.29-PM.png
Views: 1110
Size:  1,020.8 KB

This is flooded area currently. The scale, size and area covered by it exceeds the total area of a country like Slovenia.

To all that know me and wonder where I have been the past few days: I am on coasts of the rivers building banks to defend my country and spreading appeals over Twitter to help save still stranded people with my countrymen. I don't know when I will be back, and I don't know if it will be anytime soon.

To all the rest: Find it in your heart to donate to the official account of the government of the republic of Serbia, your little can mean a lot to people that have lost everything they've worked their entire life to build.

Foreign currency account with instructions on how to donate are located here http://www.srbija.gov.rs/pages/article.php?id=101093

Official PayPal account that has been opened with the intention to gather flood relief funds is located here http://www.srbija.gov.rs/pages/article.php?id=101113

To all of you that see this, I would like to thank you for the time you found to read this. I myself have not been hit and/or endangered by these floods as I live in a part of Serbia that was not in any major risk. I once again am sending out an appeal, your little can mean a lot. If you can not donate, please spread the appeal around in any way so that these people get the help they deserve.

Respectfully,

Slywannas, long term AL player and officer of Trickster.

#SupportSerbia
    #SupportBosnia
    #SupportCroatia

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Slywannas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Wow...I'm speechless..I don't have the money to donate, but I'll keep these towns and the people in them in my prayers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

God bless them.
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Hey Sly: cannot begin to imagine going through this. Tried to donate, unfortunately I'm only able to read English and couldn't read instructions. My thoughts are with you and your country. If you know of an English link, please post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers everyone, we're still fighting with this and will probably continue to in some time from now. I'll keep you posted.

To Rosna: Try here http://www.floodrelief.gov.rs/eng/ , it's the safest way probably since it's PayPal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

This week we had a Serbian guildie go inactive due to this tragic event. Very saddening indeed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Pray always, and God Bless

Need Help? Please Visit STS's Support Website by clicking HERE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

I'm sorry for that. I wish everything will be fine soon. Lot of wishes from India.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

My prayers go to you shows how good we have it in the states

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Hi Slywannas. I am devastated to hear that this is happening in your country. It warms my hear to see that the AL community is stepping up and lending what they can, even if it can only be their thoughts and prayers. I'm leaving this thread up, but I'm moving it to off-topic discussion so that it can continue there. I will do what I can to help, and of course, like the others before me, I'm sending love and positive thoughts your way.

<3 Remiem
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This the only thing I can say, I'm speechless :,(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

It 's sad to hear the devastating news. Hope that your community would have a speed recovery and that they would continue to be safe from the fallout of this disaster. All the best!

Main St. , Rockhorn Summit in Tindirin, Arlor
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Condolences to you, fellow Trickster. The Philippines had a devastation once, and the whole world lent a hand to us. I don't have money to donate (If I did, I would love to donate), I can only give you my prayers now. God bless you and your country

Click THIS to see my Sig-Tutorials!
    AL (Retired): Theologically : Pacified: Crimple : Pegging

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

This is really touching - it's incredible to see how the community here can mean so much to someone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX:1649748
    This is really touching - it's incredible to see how the community here can mean so much to someone.
    ^^^
    ya YEET

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Slywannas,

It breaks my heart to hear of this. I am sending all the positive thoughts and energy I can muster your way.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Thank you for your love guys, means a lot. It's still going on here, water is slowly going back but now the Danube is rising and he's gonna make us some troubles but I'm sure we'll handle it. What I can share with you guys is this aerial video:

Top left is the name of the town/city from which the images are taken.

And what I would also like to share is maybe that kind of positive spirit that is lurking here still, this is a sign on a flooded house:

Name:  a.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  84.8 KB

Translation: Beware of dog

I'll b updating from time to time when I get a chance. Cheers!
    -Sly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

OMG!!

We love you Sly, which naturally extends to your country. Thus you are all in my thoughts.

xxx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Wow I'm Speachless , Unfortunately I can't donate as I'm just 15 I would send all Positive thoughts in Prayers too