Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: May Legends Producer's Letter - Arcane Legends Events, Dancing Trees and More!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Ok Samhayne I have a question, you said: "Mythic Weapons that will be found in the mystical sylvan realm of Elondria during the Ursoth's Assault Event." What does this exactly mean? Will we obtain the mythics through a boss, locks, or both?
    Last edited by Xyzther; 05-26-2014 at 01:44 PM. Reason: i suck at spelling
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Arcane is the new legendary. If Mythic > Arcane then Arcane = Legendary. Also makes the mythic staff an epic. I don't feel too bad about arcane staff but those who have mythic staff must be crying.
    Yeah the orbital is basically useless now, if they release new legend staffs then they will probably out do them... the item system is starting to become broken, it seems what keeps the price up are the twinks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bastilda View Post
    Yeah the orbital is basically useless now, if they release new legend staffs then they will probably out do them... the item system is starting to become broken, it seems what keeps the price up are the twinks
    The mythic staff had its time, it came out in September and was the second best sorcerer weapon for 8 months. With the new itemization strategy, nothing is going to stay the best for more than a few months. That is just how it will always be.

In the past when the same items remained the best for a long time, the result is a broken economy where nobody is interested in farming for anything or buying anything, and everyone just wants those few good items. By recycling the best items faster in favor of newer items, it keeps the economy moving and the game more interesting. There will always be something better to be had, and even if you have all the best stuff, in a few months there will be something new and better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    The mythic staff had its time, it came out in September and was the second best sorcerer weapon for 8 months. With the new itemization strategy, nothing is going to stay the best for more than a few months. That is just how it will always be.

In the past when the same items remained the best for a long time, the result is a broken economy where nobody is interested in farming for anything or buying anything, and everyone just wants those few good items. By recycling the best items faster in favor of newer items, it keeps the economy moving and the game more interesting. There will always be something better to be had, and even if you have all the best stuff, in a few months there will be something new and better.
    Only popping locked crates can keep you up to date with the best items at that point. No amount of farming or merching will get you there! Win win situation for STS and those looking to be always OP. Everyone else will be using 2nd tier items which is still fine.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Mythic staff should be viable for current season + 1 season. How many times do we go through this. This is basically bad planning and has nothing to do with the economy. The way things are now its like this:

New mythic gun > arcane staff > mythic staff or expedition rifle > magmatic totem

New mythic gun should be on par with mythic staff and arcane staff should still be the top mage weapon. But the way they set the stats, is completely arbitrary. Also you can use the same logic with arcane staff. But its okay for you to post that its time they boost arcane staff but not mythic staff? Sorry that is hypocrisy. The whole arcane, mythic, legendary structure is a failure and how they are itemizing stuff now and in the past is basically failing. It doesn't matter to me whatever the best is I will have it. But not everyone has 30-50m+ to keep buying the best weapon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Mythic staff should be viable for current season + 1 season. How many times do we go through this. This is basically bad planning and has nothing to do with the economy. The way things are now its like this:

New mythic gun > arcane staff > mythic staff or expedition rifle > magmatic totem

New mythic gun should be on par with mythic staff and arcane staff should still be the top mage weapon. But the way they set the stats, is completely arbitrary. Also you can use the same logic with arcane staff. But its okay for you to post that its time they boost arcane staff but not mythic staff? Sorry that is hypocrisy. The whole arcane, mythic, legendary structure is a failure and how they are itemizing stuff now and in the past is basically failing. It doesn't matter to me whatever the best is I will have it. But not everyone has 30-50m+ to keep buying the best weapon.
    The mythic staff is level 36 so it should roughly be on par with 41 legendary staffs, the arcane staff is also 36 so it should about be on par with 46 legendaries. And, the new mythic gun is Lvl 41 so it should roughly be on par with 46 legendaries. If this is true then the mythic staff should be the worst out if the three, as it is only comparable to 41 legendaries, and the arcane staff and mythic gun are both comparable to 46 legendaries, so it is reasonable that they have similar stats. Also, keep in mind that the 41 mythic gun hasn't been released so we don't know how powerful it actually is.
    Let's make kids

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bramer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't care if I have to crate pop, I'm just hoping for a plat sale now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by bramer View Post
    The mythic staff is level 36 so it should roughly be on par with 41 legendary staffs, the arcane staff is also 36 so it should about be on par with 46 legendaries. And, the new mythic gun is Lvl 41 so it should roughly be on par with 46 legendaries. If this is true then the mythic staff should be the worst out if the three, as it is only comparable to 41 legendaries, and the arcane staff and mythic gun are both comparable to 46 legendaries, so it is reasonable that they have similar stats. Also, keep in mind that the 41 mythic gun hasn't been released so we don't know how powerful it actually is.
    if you check the stats with arcane staff they are roughly the same, the proc on the arcane staff is literally nothing compared to the new proc on the mythic gun, only thing keeping the arcane staff around is the +60int in the proc, the AOE damage from basic and charged attacks and the "arcane" status

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Level 36 Arcane should be roughly the same as level 41 mythic, and level 36 mythic should be roughly the same as level 41 legendary. So it appears they got the balance right as both of these seem to be true.

Yes, the mythic gun will have more damage than the arcane staff, but we all know guns have more damage than staffs, so that is the be expected. But the arcane staff has higher base stats and adds a ton of crit, so that makes up for it. If I remember correctly, the same comparison existed between the level 26 arcane hooks and the level 31 mythic bow. The bow had higher damage (bows higher damage than daggers), but the hooks had better base stats. We are seeing the same thing again here.

Our main complaint about the arcane staff has nothing to do with stats and has to do with a proc that we don't like. But that has little to do with this conversation, and is the reason why I (and others) wanted the staff changed. We were not asking for a stat buff.

The level 36 mythic staff is very good as is. A level 41 mythic item is obviously going to be better than a level 36 mythic item, just as the level 36 mythic staff was better than the level 31 runic gun.

Overall, I'd say the balance in stats is just about right. If they could only change the kershal proc then I'd be pleased.

Yes, I realize everyone is upset, but you all want to have your cake and eat it too. You want to have pricey items that you can buy that will last you 2 years in the game as the best item, but then you also want the economy to be good and for there to be good items to farm. Well I am here to tell you that you cannot have both of those things. It is impossible. If the best items don't get replaced often, then you can expect the economy to come to a standstill like it did last fall during the shuyal expansion. That is just basic rules of economics.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 05-26-2014 at 08:58 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Only popping locked crates can keep you up to date with the best items at that point. No amount of farming or merching will get you there! Win win situation for STS and those looking to be always OP. Everyone else will be using 2nd tier items which is still fine.
    Not true. I don't pop crates, and I've never looted anything mythic or arcane, nor have I have purchased any items with plat and resold them for gold (like elixir kits or pet eggs). Yet I currently have most of the best items and I'm about half way there to saving enough gold for the arcane ring.

So no, I don't have everything that is the best, but I'm pretty close. And I'm sure there are quite a few players who have done a better job at merching or farming than I have. So I'm sure many have achieved the best items without poping crates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Level 36 Arcane should be roughly the same as level 41 mythic, and level 36 mythic should be roughly the same as level 41 legendary. So it appears they got the balance right as both of these seem to be true.

Yes, the mythic gun will have more damage than the arcane staff, but we all know guns have more damage than staffs, so that is the be expected. But the arcane staff has higher base stats and adds a ton of crit, so that makes up for it. If I remember correctly, the same comparison existed between the level 26 arcane hooks and the level 31 mythic bow. The bow had higher damage (bows higher damage than daggers), but the hooks had better base stats. We are seeing the same thing again here.

Our main complaint about the arcane staff has nothing to do with stats and has to do with a proc that we don't like. But that has little to do with this conversation, and is the reason why I (and others) wanted the staff changed. We were not asking for a stat buff.

The level 36 mythic staff is very good as is. A level 41 mythic item is obviously going to be better than a level 36 mythic item, just as the level 36 mythic staff was better than the level 31 runic gun.

Overall, I'd say the balance in stats is just about right. If they could only change the kershal proc then I'd be pleased.

Yes, I realize everyone is upset, but you all want to have your cake and eat it too. You want to have pricey items that you can buy that will last you 2 years in the game as the best item, but then you also want the economy to be good and for there to be good items to farm. Well I am here to tell you that you cannot have both of those things. It is impossible. If the best items don't get replaced often, then you can expect the economy to come to a standstill like it did last fall during the shuyal expansion. That is just basic rules of economics.
    I think the main problem with mythic being best for one season +1 and Arcane one season +2 is the fact that they're releasing the next version too soon. They aren't truly the best for that said duration because of the new ones being released when the old ones are still supposed to shine. I still remember how mad I was to have the mythic daggers come out shortly after hooks received a slight buff that were far superior in every way. Lesson learned though, I won't be using these high price items anymore because you can see that the same has happened for the staff now. The maul surprisingly got a lucky break as its main competitor weapon has never been of the same type and should still outshine the tanking weapon that's coming next.

If you don't have unlimited gold and have to choose between an Arcane pet versus a mythic/Arcane weapon, please do yourself a favor and go with a pet first. If you have enough after getting the pet, buy another High priced pet. They're so much better because they have abilities that will buff a party up which for as long as you'll play the game and thus far better than any expiring weapon.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

If you look at the stats on mythic gun and arcane staff the amount of health is very close. The DPS is the same and the proc is most likely way better. The amount of damage is yet to be determined. They could have fixed arcane staff long time ago but just decided to ignore us then throw us a bone 8 months later. Now they just nerf everyone's stuff to try and balance everything out. Sorry but the balance of stats isn't about right not among weapons in one's class and across classes. Again this has nothing to do with the economy because you can't farm mythics weapons like legendaries. They are totally controlled by how many are in game & demand and nothing else. The way they fix stuff is like closing the door after the horse has left the barn.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    If you don't have unlimited gold and have to choose between an Arcane pet versus a mythic/Arcane weapon, please do yourself a favor and go with a pet first. If you have enough after getting the pet, buy another High priced pet. They're so much better because they have abilities that will buff a party up which for as long as you'll play the game and thus far better than any expiring weapon.
    Everyone has to determine that strategy for themselves. But I like that it's not easy to "stay on top".

For me, I have to select my items carefully. I don't need to always have the best gear every season. So during season 4 I had the best gear and I ruled in PvP. Then I kept the same exact gear in season 5 and I never got the Kershal or mythic staff. Now in season 6 I finally got the kershal, and now I'm saving my gold and will have to decide what to buy next. Will it be an arcane ring? If so then likely I won't be able to afford it for a few months. Or maybe there will be some other mythic item that comes out, like a new amulet (they seem overdue) that I'll spend some of my gold on.

But whatever you buy, you better be prepared to use it for at least 2 seasons if you spend a lot of money on it. At first it will be the best and then a few months later it will be second best. But having the second best weapon is still very good. Very few players have the best of everything, and as you say, staying on top with the best of everything will require a ton of gold, and that is the way it should be IMO.

Sorry, but I don't think it should be easy to get the best of all gear. I actually think in season 4 it was far too easy for players to load up with the best of everything, and it seemed all too common to find a player who was full mythic. I like now later on there are some more arcane items and mythics have become rarer and are more expensive. Mythics in season 4 were at a rarity level that legendary items should be.

Mythics and Arcanes should be so rare that most players don't have them, and those who do rarely have more than 1 or 2. An environment where all the pro players are all mythic and arcane is an environment where the economy is ruined because anyone who has any gold is not in the market to buy anything because they already have all the best gear. So farming suffers, elite legendary items drop in price, and the PvE portion of the game becomes boring. And that is exactly what we saw much of last year.

This change is a welcome one by me. I think you all just don't like it because it makes the game more difficult for you. Easy = boring. Difficult = a challenge. That is my viewpoint.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 05-27-2014 at 01:04 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

If you look at the stats on mythic gun and arcane staff the amount of health is very close. The DPS is the same and the proc is most likely way better. The amount of damage is yet to be determined. They could have fixed arcane staff long time ago but just decided to ignore us then throw us a bone 8 months later. Now they just nerf everyone's stuff to try and balance everything out. Sorry but the balance of stats isn't about right not among weapons in one's class and across classes. Again this has nothing to do with the economy because you can't farm mythics weapons like legendaries. They are totally controlled by how many are in game & demand and nothing else. The way they fix stuff is like closing the door after the horse has left the barn.
    The health difference is more than 150, and the crit different accounting for all the DEX points the kershal has and the crit stat itself is almost 5%. That is huge. That is equal to having 5 extra skill points that instead of putting in passive crit you could put elsewhere. I know right now we all have more skill points than we know what to do with, but changes will be coming in the near future that will change that, and skill points will once again be at a premium.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

The health difference is more than 150, and the crit different accounting for all the DEX points the kershal has and the crit stat itself is almost 5%. That is huge. That is equal to having 5 extra skill points that instead of putting in passive crit you could put elsewhere. I know right now we all have more skill points than we know what to do with, but changes will be coming in the near future that will change that, and skill points will once again be at a premium.
    150 health in PvE is useful because you can use pots. In PvP its nothing because 150 more health won't stop anything. And given you can stand back and fire your gun from further away unlike a staff, the amount of health difference is meaningless. Also most of the health comes from DEX so this does nothing to help your shield absorb damage. However you are right about the crit as its a loss of 4.33%. This is why I'd like to see them add crit and lose the mana regen. Mages have no way to increase crit so they should maintain the same amount that was on the mythic staff to keep it on par.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

At last they have put decent mana regen on a mage weapon! for so long I have struggled with no mana due to all my skill points being in STR! The ker'shal's mana proc was a good start, Oh my! did that get me out of a few scrapes! and once i get the Arcane ring I can see that helping with my mana a lot! but with this! I can finally say good bye to those mana pots! they were killing me with the cost, this gun will literally pay for itself!

ok need to get back to tanking elites.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Foebegone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

great content update and bugfixing! well done

but i can't hold myself to complaint about blocking skill swap, don't you think you discourage players to have unique or creative builds?
    i could say in term of contents, dev successfully improved, but in term of gameplay, dev successfully downgrade it...
    i know it make the game simpler, there is nothing wrong by making the game simpler, it will be easier to make it balanced, but you sure you're not running away from challenge? the challenge of making your game balanced with improved skill system?

thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Foebegone View Post
    At last they have put decent mana regen on a mage weapon! for so long I have struggled with no mana due to all my skill points being in STR! The ker'shal's mana proc was a good start, Oh my! did that get me out of a few scrapes! and once i get the Arcane ring I can see that helping with my mana a lot! but with this! I can finally say good bye to those mana pots! they were killing me with the cost, this gun will literally pay for itself!

ok need to get back to tanking elites.
    lol

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Senior Member TheMightyFeusalet's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Nice

Join enigmatic, the best pve guild in al! We are Enigmatic, we are ONE!
    Want a sig (for free) pm me on forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Awesome updates sts teams I really like the new item designs, stats and PROCs. What about the 5th skill slot and slightly lowering mana cost to agment that new setup? Also the rogue is the only character that doesnt have an attack that allows you to stun, unless equip with bow it is possible to stun with shadow pierce randomly, is there anyway to look forward to those changes?