Thread: Dear Mythic Community - A Love Letter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Cool Dear Mythic Community - A Love Letter

Greetings!

My name is Zax. I've been playing Arcane Legends since last year. It's a game that I have grown quite fond of, as well as spent a lot of money on. I really love it here and have mostly only had positive experiences. Mostly.

The only time I have had a negative response in this game, is when I have interacted with the so-called "veterans"; AKA the Mythic community. You would think that such a seasoned group of players wouldn't be so insecure in their gameplay. Unfortunately, a good chunk of this community is just that.

I am not going to get into finger pointing or calling people out. I am only going to tell you what you can expect from me if you see me in game.

1. Anyone who can earn 2 million gold deserves to have that armor. I will not keep information about the quest from them. I will not stop helping them. It takes skill to earn that kind of money, lots of hours of gameplay. Those are the types of players that should have it.

2. I will not stop wearing my Mythics in public. I earned that armor fair and square; I deserve to show it off. The idea that if I wear my Mythics in public, more people will buy and devalue them, is infantile. The price is the deterrent, not being neurotic and hiding under a vanity.

3. I am not required to enter trade with you to prove that I have a certain item or that things have been upgraded. I know what I have and I am secure in that. You should be too.

4. The term "noob" doesn't really insult me, or many people, for that matter. It just makes you look frustrated and unable to communicate effectively. You don't know me, where I have been, what I have done, or who I really am. Why can't there just be a certain level of respect for all players?

That's all. Now, I know this isn't about everyone. I know there are some really great players that help others, foster community, and are great people all around. However, I think the type of player I am addressing has many numbers in the game.

I think we can do better.

Zax

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zaxamus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxamus View Post
    Greetings!

The only time I have had a negative response in this game, is when I have interacted with the so-called "veterans"; AKA the Mythic community. You would think that such a seasoned group of players wouldn't be so insecure in their gameplay. Unfortunately, a good chunk of this community is just that.

I am not going to get into finger pointing or calling people out. I am only going to tell you what you can expect from me if you see me in game.

4. The term "noob" doesn't really insult me, or many people, for that matter. It just makes you look frustrated and unable to communicate effectively. You don't know me, where I have been, what I have done, or who I really am. Why can't there just be a certain level of respect for all players?

That's all. Now, I know this isn't about everyone. I know there are some really great players that help others, foster community, and are great people all around. However, I think the type of player I am addressing has many numbers in the game.

I think we can do better.

Zax
    Spot on 👍

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

dang so true.
    AL: MrMangoes - Level 41 Warrior | Koxbus - Level 8 Warrior | MrApples - Level 40 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Ok. Thumbs up to the vets and pros without mythics too.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Roberto077 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Agreed! There are many pro players without Mythics who are very helpful and don't do those things that I described. Very good point!

Zax

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

You go guy! I was surprised that most of the so called 'pro players" are actually insecure drama queens. I remember when I was lvl 27 some guy in chivalrous union called me poor and said his pets cost more money to feed than my gear. I have mythics now and looking back THAT guy was the noob, not me. (Also I told him tf off.)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Legallyblonde For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legallyblonde View Post
    (Also I told him tf off.)
    I know I've played league too much when my first interpretation of that sentence was "Also I told him twisted fate off"

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I have been playing since day 1 of ALs launch in USA and I agree but disagree with your post to a certain extent. I can understand why some "pro" players are perceived this way and may not be.

1. When I enter lower level towns I get bombarded with random friend request. I typically deny these unless the person and I had some sort of civilized conversation.
    2. I get people who beg for gold or items and will not stop after I say no. Sometimes I end up having to ignore these individuals to make it stop but might be seen as rude by them.
    3. Occasionally I'll help out a person through a map or two and then they keep expecting me to do more past their original request. With some of these folks I might been seen as rude. In addition I have accepted some friend request then they will hound me next time I login for more until I block or unfriend them.

Now I do agree that some people do not act right at their level such as the guy who commented on their pet being more expensive than your gear was out of line. But at the end of the day you must keep in mind there are two sides to each story and that rude "pro" might've just dealt with one or more of the above examples I just explained,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jb57542 View Post
    I have been playing since day 1 of ALs launch in USA and I agree but disagree with your post to a certain extent. I can understand why some "pro" players are perceived this way and may not be.

1. When I enter lower level towns I get bombarded with random friend request. I typically deny these unless the person and I had some sort of civilized conversation.
    2. I get people who beg for gold or items and will not stop after I say no. Sometimes I end up having to ignore these individuals to make it stop but might be seen as rude by them.
    3. Occasionally I'll help out a person through a map or two and then they keep expecting me to do more past their original request. With some of these folks I might been seen as rude. In addition I have accepted some friend request then they will hound me next time I login for more until I block or unfriend them.

Now I do agree that some people do not act right at their level such as the guy who commented on their pet being more expensive than your gear was out of line. But at the end of the day you must keep in mind there are two sides to each story and that rude "pro" might've just dealt with one or more of the above examples I just explained,
    When it comes to level one noobs, yes, this is a factor. However, when you have a player who is level 41, has the gold for mythics, and just wants to advance in the game; there is just no excuse for the behavior I described. You have valid points but we are talking about two different kinds of player.