Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison of the Three Generations of Mythic Weapons (Warrior)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Default Comparison of the Three Generations of Mythic Weapons (Warrior)

Name:  _20140522_184733.JPG
Views: 1346
Size:  65.5 KB

Name:  _20140522_184936.JPG
Views: 1304
Size:  66.7 KB

Name:  warrior.jpg
Views: 1307
Size:  34.7 KB

As you can see, the level 41 mythic weapon will have a very large mana and HP boost when compared to its predecessors. However, the armor value is only +57 from that of the pavise. I was expecting more around a 350 armor value from the weapon and certainly less mana. However, I do understand that low mob count supports an HP over Armor strategy for Tindirin maps. The DPS value is fair, and slightly above what I expected.

Do you feel that the Bulwark is a strong enough upgrade from the pavise for having a 10 level difference? Please post you thoughts and opinions.

---

I had foolishly skipped over this part of Sam's post until I finally read it thoroughly today.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    The Elondrian Bulwark is a tanking weapon, designed to help the Warrior survive while their party members support them.

When you take damage while the Bulwark is equipped, you have a chance to summon a guardian spirit that will heal and protect you for a short period of time and then will move to assist nearby allies. While the spirit is actively guarding a player, that player will also receive a +20 to their primary stat buff. When the spirit leaves a player, it will grace them with a 6 second heal over time.
    ---

Latest word on the Bulwark:

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    I will take into consideration changing the Mana return of the Mythic Gun into something a bit more relevant. I'm thinking a per attack boost of say 25 armor, up to a max of 125 that if you keep the gun attack in your rotation you can keep up. It will fall off relatively quickly, within 3 seconds say but could be very interesting. Something similar for Warriors as well.

Thanks for the feedback guys, as for specific details of how to get such things we are only teasing the content at the moment. Official information will follow as we get closer to the event and details will be available in time to plan accordingly I'm sure.

Energizeric is correct in that with the new itemization system coming into play this is about making choices for play style, rather than a blatant Rock/Paper/Scissor mentality towards the weapons. The procs are very cool in action, and defensive in nature.
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 05-29-2014 at 06:37 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Hahaha. Wow. Looking at the stats for the new warrior mythic sword/sheild made me chuckle with deep sadness inside. What a freaking joke of a mythic weapon.

1. 84.3 DPS is worse than the DPS of a conquerors wall of assault lvl 41 (86.6 DPS). So go try pvping with a conquerors wall of assault in PVP right now and see how effectively you can kill. Thats the damage you will be wielding with when using this new mythic warrior weapon.

2. 304 armor. Is only a +57 to armor compared to the 247 armor of vigilant pavise of fitness (Level 31 mythic weapon)

3. The proc I have no idea what to think.

4. The fact that rogue and mages weapons have some kind of return (mana or health) with attack....while warrior weapon has none.

Explain to me why would any warrior spend top dollar on this weapon.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

To be honest. I will not be purchasing this new lvl 41 mythic warrior weapon as it stands. Why? Because the main use of this weapon is to tank for elites. Its uselessness in PVP is evdent. To me elites is about holding aggro and surviving. Well the fact that I get a plus +57 on armor and 110 in HP (57 strength (Bulwark) - 46 strength (Vigilant) = +11 strength = 110 HP) compared to a the vigilant pavise of fitness lvl 31 weapon will do very little for my survivability in elites. I currently can tank fine with a conqueror wall of will/assault with out much deaths. So now all I gotta do is spend 1 million on a pavise and wear a 800 k magma plate of will lvl 41 and problem solved. Why spend all this gold on this piece of junk of a new warrior mythic weapon? Unless this warrior proc is so out of this world amazing, which i highly doubt, then the bulwark is the worse warrior mythic weapon to ever come out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

A sword and board is a tanking item - you won't be killing much in PvP, you will be serving as a nearly indestructible wall with the crazy HP and shield/heal proc.

I LOVE this item for elite runs! Anyone with this plus magmatic helm/armor will clearly have well over 6k HP AND 2.5k+ armor! A 4 taunt tank with this could mean insane pulls and relative safety for party members. I hope every tank in my guild binks one of these bad boys out of a chest/crate!

The only missing item in this new gear is the AoE stun that the Pavise had. Add the stun, and this is the perfect tanking weapon!

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    Hahaha. Wow. Looking at the stats for the new warrior mythic sword/sheild made me chuckle with deep sadness inside. What a freaking joke of a mythic weapon.

1. 84.3 DPS is worse than the DPS of a conquerors wall of assault lvl 41 (86.6 DPS). So go try pvping with a conquerors wall of assault in PVP right now and see how effectively you can kill. Thats the damage you will be wielding with when using this new mythic warrior weapon.

2. 304 armor. Is only a +57 to armor compared to the 247 armor of vigilant pavise of fitness (Level 31 mythic weapon)

3. The proc I have no idea what to think.

4. The fact that rogue and mages weapons have some kind of return (mana or health) with attack....while warrior weapon has none.

Explain to me why would any warrior spend top dollar on this weapon.
    1) the bulwark has a very high Str stat to compensate, it also has MUCH more armor.

2) The armor should be raised IMO too, but it is still a very large amount.

3) I am impressed with the proc. That shield will be a life saver. Assuming the HP return is decent, this proc will be a self cast HoR type effect without the downside of having to charge the skill. The fact that it procs while taking damage is also appreciated. However, the laundry list of procs on the glaive and other myths leaves me a little disappointed with one proc that buffs. A Str buff from attackinh would be an appropriate addition to the weapon IMO.

4) HP/mana return would do little to us with such a low damage weapon, to address the basic attack energy return.

If the proc rate of the weapon is decent, it will be arguably OP in elite where warriors with it will easily be able to run certain maps without jugg. The major issue I see is that Tindirin is full of low mob count maps. As such, the proc will be less common on these maps. An additional Str buff or a proc that rebuffed enemy damage would help if this does in fact become an issue.

Proc wise, we will have to wait and see. Any "opinions" we have are predispositions that we cannot prove.

Side note: the HP return should be a party wide effect in PvE I don't think that it would be OP at all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

To be honest. I will not be purchasing this new lvl 41 mythic warrior weapon as it stands. Why? Because the main use of this weapon is to tank for elites. Its uselessness in PVP is evdent. To me elites is about holding aggro and surviving. Well the fact that I get a plus +57 on armor and 110 in HP (57 strength (Bulwark) - 46 strength (Vigilant) = +11 strength = 110 HP) compared to a the vigilant pavise of fitness lvl 31 weapon will do very little for my survivability in elites. I currently can tank fine with a conqueror wall of will/assault with out much deaths. So now all I gotta do is spend 1 million on a pavise and wear a 800 k magma plate of will lvl 41 and problem solved. Why spend all this gold on this piece of junk of a new warrior mythic weapon? Unless this warrior proc is so out of this world amazing, which i highly doubt, then the bulwark is the worse warrior mythic weapon to ever come out.
    Don't forget that you also get a lot of HP from the INT stat.

There's a difference between tanking just fine and tanking for speed runs. You won't be able to survive a speed run pull with a Conqueror Wall. If the shielding from the proc works as a seriously buffed version of Scorch's arcane ability (which shields the entire party), then this proc will be terrific.

I agree that it doesn't seem like a significant upgrade from Pavise though, because that AoE stun has paid dividends over the seasons. It is all very much dependent on the proc, and the price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post

There's a difference between tanking just fine and tanking for speed runs. You won't be able to survive a speed run pull with a Conqueror Wall. If the shielding from the proc works as a seriously buffed version of Scorch's arcane ability (which shields the entire party), then this proc will be terrific.

I agree that it doesn't seem like a significant upgrade from Pavise though, because that AoE stun has paid dividends over the seasons. It is all very much dependent on the proc, and the price.
    1int = 3 HP, lol. This weapon will have a base +153 HP compared to the Glaive.

I think an armor buff of 50-75 points would be desirous if the proc isn't as grand as I hope it to be.
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 05-22-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I agree Int and dexterity actually both give health to a warrior even though not much. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think dexterity and Intelligence both boost the same amount of HP for a warrior with each added stat point (+3) (I think +25 dext or Int gives about plus 75 HP to the warrior). If that is the case then the vigilant (22 dex + 7 int = 29 is not far off from a bulwark 30 int + 4 dex = 34). So 34 - 29 = +5 stat difference. 5 stats(dext or int) x +3 HP = 15 HP difference. That is not gonna be much of an added HP boost. Thats why i decided to leave it out of my discussion above.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 05-22-2014 at 08:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

What on earth a warrior need over 2k armor for PvE, when you can instantly regenerate HP by tapping potion.

For PvP, dmg output is the most important thing for all classes. The best defense is a good offense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csyui View Post
    What on earth a warrior need over 2k armor for PvE, when you can instantly regenerate HP by tapping potion.

For PvP, dmg output is the most important thing for all classes. The best defense is a good offense.
    You need well more than 2k. I have 2051 with my hard core elite gear and am still one hit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

I agree Int and dexterity actually both give health to a warrior even though not much. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think dexterity and Intelligence both boost the same amount of HP for a warrior with each added stat point (I think +25 dext or Int gives about plus 60 to 70 HP to the warrior). If that is the case then the vigilant (22 dex + 7 int = 29 is not far off from a bulwark 30 int + 4 dex = 34). So 34 - 29 = +5 stat difference. That is not gonna be much of an added HP boost. Thats why i decided to leave it out of my discussion above.
    1 Str = 10 HP
    1 Int = 3 HP
    1 Dex = 3 HP

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    1int = 3 HP, lol. This weapon will have a base +153 HP compared to the Glaive.
    1 int or 1 dext = 3 HP.

Edit: haha crap i posted this with out seeing your previous post crow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

1 int or 1 dext = 3 HP.

Edit: haha crap i posted this with out seeing your previous post crow.
    No problem, I do all the time. I usually just delete the post though advanced edit options.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Let's also not forget about gemming and the difference in stat bonus between supergems at the two levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Let's also not forget about gemming and the difference in stat bonus between supergems at the two levels.
    That's another 30 HP, pennies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Thanks for the inspiration Crow, I compared as well on my thread!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

it is due to to itemization. devs always design stuffs seeing their overall max stats tht will reflect ones avatar.
    example: one Guy with magama will set and bulwurk with abaddon along with other armour boosting rings and amulets will have Max armour ingame. also assuming they r lvl41 so perfected with tarlok rage gem to gears will have high overall stats.

also there will be lvl41 gears like tarloks in this upcoming event. so seeing the lower stats of weapon then expected I can conclude (maybe) that new lvl41 event gears will be slightly better or near DMG stats then lvl36 mythic gears having near compareble armour to magma will set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Thanks for the inspiration Crow, I compared as well on my thread!
    I'd ask for royalties, but I don't think you can offers them right now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    it is due to to itemization. devs always design stuffs seeing their overall max stats tht will reflect ones avatar.
    example: one Guy with magama will set and bulwurk with abaddon along with other armour boosting rings and amulets will have Max armour ingame. also assuming they r lvl41 so perfected with tarlok rage gem to gears will have high overall stats.

also there will be lvl41 gears like tarloks in this upcoming event. so seeing the lower stats of weapon then expected I can conclude (maybe) that new lvl41 event gears will be slightly better or near DMG stats then lvl36 mythic gears having near compareble armour to magma will set.
    Mythics have been an issue for me this season. The difference in stats between lvl 36 mythics and lvl41 legendaries is way larger than I expected, especially armor wise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Mythics have been an issue for me this season. The difference in stats between lvl 36 mythics and lvl41 legendaries is way larger than I expected, especially armor wise.
    Nice comparison thread.

I won't be going for this new mythic either and not just to save gold but because --like I mentioned in the arcane ring nab's thread-- the statistics progress per level has slowed down significally. The extra armor is nice and all yet also unneeded; full magma of will and pavise work wonders already and the occassions you can get oneshot are so few that it's not worth buying the new mythic to have a chance in sustaining them too (all red zones you can avoid anyway).

PvP wise, the damage buffed claymores will still be a better option because the stackable flame special procedure with the STR buff is still both frequent and noticeably effective.