Thread: Comparison of the Three Generations of Mythic Weapons (Warrior)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Replies in bold
    This is in response to Taejo first bolded point. I agree with ya. I get it. Sword/sheild is meant for PVE. You also bring up a good point that traditionally warriors have always been required to have both a PVE style weapon and PVP style weapon. But I guess that is where my fustration lies. Each season a mythic sword/sheild comes out a warrior gets a boost in PVE but in PVP is relegated to using a different weapon for PVP such as an inferior legendary or older mythic weapon (so far this is twice that a sword/sheild has come out). So for a whole entire expansion a warrior will have to be at a disadvantage again in PVP. Trust me when I say we will be at a disadvantage this season in PVP because once enough of these new mythic guns and bows come into ciruculation, a warrior using a maul(lack of armor) or even glaive will get destroyed by the bow and guns damage. I mean look at the new mythic guns DPS (its higher than the arcane staff). While other classes like rogues and mages get a pretty versatile new mythic weapon they can be excited about for PVE and PVP which is a gun and bow (again twice this has come out). Yes, some of you will say well rogues and mages also switch weapon styles depending on the map/mobs/boss or PVP. But the reality is that the gun and bows are still way more versatile for PVP and PVE purposes than the lopsided use of the warrior's mythic sword/sheild.

Another point that has been brought up by others such as madnex and I as well. Is that with the current set up and available armor boosts you can get with Pavise, magma armor, amulets, rings, etc. this extra +57 armor from the Bulwark is not that useful. I can in fact currently get my armor to +2400. The extra hp boost of the bulwark, yes i'm happy about that. But this extra 57 armor is not gonna be a game changer with the current options in gear a warrior already has in elite. This is my personal opinion only, I would rather they take away the +57 armor (304 armor) and give us the lower armor of the Pavise (247 armor) and instead pad that towards DPS/damage of the bulwark. This will make the bulwark something in between the traditional sword/sheild and the glaive, of course leaning more towards the traditional sword/sheild. This will make the bulwark way more versatile and probably more all around desirable by both PVP and PVE fanatics in my opinion.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 05-23-2014 at 02:39 PM.