Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts about new mythics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Default Thoughts about new mythics

First of all, i know that there is a thread for new mythics, but what i want to say is not going to fit as a comment.
    Let's discuss the new mythics. First of all, let's take rogue.

~rogues bow procs-
    It will create a Bush,wich will first of all heal the rogue.
    Other things the Bush will do is damage the enemies, and remove stuns and snares.
    Also, every time you fire the bow you will get 10% of the damage you did as health To yourself.

Let's move on to the warrior.

~warriors bulwark (wtf is that XD) procs~
    It will create a spirit, wich will heal allies,boost their primary stat by 20,
    and also shield the player that is under the effect.
    How much it will shield, or if it will remove damage completely, we do not know.

Now, last but not least, sorcerer.

~sorcerers Gun procs~
    They will have a chance to basically stun the opponents.
    Also it will remove dodge and a little bit of armor.
    In addition, it have a extra that looks like the rogues extra...
    It will recieve 20% of the damage dealed as mana.

Now, you are propably thinking "oh, these look so awesome!"
    However, the mage one have two big problems.
    1. The rogues proc is basically perfectly created to remove the mages entire proc.
    2. Why on nearth would a mage need alot of extra mana?

However, the rogue weapon is Perfect for pvp, and the warrior one seems to be god in both pve and pvp.
    After thinking about this for a few minutes i realised 3 things.
    1. mages can now kill warriors with a little luck.
    2. rogues can now kill mages with a little luck.
    3. Everyone will die anyway, because we have too weak amulets/rings to survive a crit from a rogue.

So, unless you are a rogue with a mythic bow, or a EXTREMELY Skilled mage/warrior,
    you should propably stay out of pvp.
    Any thoughts/things i missed? Please feel free to agree or disagree
    Also, we can't know anything until we see these weapons in the game, these are just my thoughts and predictions, i might be 100% wrong!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jinathedemo View Post
    Also, we can't know anything until we see these weapons in the game, these are just my thoughts and predictions, i might be 100% wrong!
    This is correct, lets wait until they release the weapons. Do not try to pre-balance based on some forum thoughts please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    This is correct, lets wait until they release the weapons. Do not try to pre-balance based on some forum thoughts please!
    like what they did to Singe, poor guy pet
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

IMO the mage mana back and rogue HP back should be switched around. 10% HP back from every gun attack sounds legit to me; especially since most mages use only 1 attack skill in clashes, fireball; Rogues however could deffo use that 20% mana from every bow hit.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    IMO the mage mana back and rogue HP back should be switched around. 10% HP back from every gun attack sounds legit to me; especially since most mages use only 1 attack skill in clashes, fireball; Rogues however could deffo use that 20% mana from every bow hit.
    Whats wrong with you people? Rouge having too much mana will be very unfair for other class? Face the fact that rouge's mana burns fast because the offensive skill cooldown is too short, three offensive skills AS, SP, NOX that have 2 secs cooldown? Make it 4 secs cooldown like other class and I am sure rouge's mana will not burn mana fast. PVP will never be fair in AL, because the skills for each classes are screwed up. All classes have heal skill and support, too bad the support class (mage) lacks the support skills it needed while the killer have the most support skills like Veil (buff, debuff). The tank damage is very high, I played many mmorpg and I must say a tank cannot be killed alone but also cannot kill alone. Here? A tank is a killer and have the best healing skill (2 secs invulnerability to party, "imagine 4 warriors joining together and that means 8 secs invulnerability" ) (too bad grrrr).

With this new mythic (No changes because as I said, character roles are screwed up)
    Mage "AOE, Support" (food)
    Rouge "Killer and Support" (imba)
    Warrior "Tank, Killer, and Support" (imba)

It must be this way

Mage "group support"
    Rouge "Killer with self support but no heal"
    Warrior "Tank w/ self support w/ heal" low damage (not a killer)
    Last edited by Geraus; 05-23-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

The thought albeit a negative one - re : new mythics a new toy for the rich 1%ers in-game.

Although I am a plat spender, I'm not keen on blowing several hundred RL bucks on opening a plethora of lockeds, just to have a very slim chance at gaining one, sorry. I do believe that their prices will be controlled by the top echelon like the arcane ring. An in-world economy slowly developing into Them and Us ?

It cost me an arm and a leg just to kit myself out with magma gear o.O

Sorry about the negative post, just wanted to share my thoughts - no drama, anyhoo back to the whatevs......
    Last edited by Waheedski; 05-23-2014 at 09:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

1 Bushes are random, not always where you are so they won't remove so often mage proc as you said
    2 Bushes appear only with charged attack so it doesn't seem a so much pvp weapon
    3 best amulet and rings will change for sure with the sylvan event I guess

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by firechandra View Post
    1 Bushes are random, not always where you are so they won't remove so often mage proc as you said
    2 Bushes appear only with charged attack so it doesn't seem a so much pvp weapon
    3 best amulet and rings will change for sure with the sylvan event I guess
    1.well, u are correct. But mage proc is random too, so with a little luck.
    2.i would use it... Any day, a charged attack would still do alot of damage
    3.we will see, i hope so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

the weapons are neat, not sure if I'll be buying at the 20+m each
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geraus View Post
    Whats wrong with you people? Rouge having too much mana will be very unfair for other class? Face the fact that rouge's mana burns fast because the offensive skill cooldown is too short, three offensive skills AS, SP, NOX that have 2 secs cooldown? Make it 4 secs cooldown like other class and I am sure rouge's mana will not burn mana fast. PVP will never be fair in AL, because the skills for each classes are screwed up. All classes have heal skill and support, too bad the support class (mage) lacks the support skills it needed while the killer have the most support skills like Veil (buff, debuff). The tank damage is very high, I played many mmorpg and I must say a tank cannot be killed alone but also cannot kill alone. Here? A tank is a killer and have the best healing skill (2 secs invulnerability to party, "imagine 4 warriors joining together and that means 8 secs invulnerability" ) (too bad grrrr)
    They could make it 10% mana back per hit. That is, if you hit 1k on a charged bow crit, u get 100 mana back. Considering the rogues dont use auto attack much, don't see how it'd be OP.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    They could make it 10% mana back per hit. That is, if you hit 1k on a charged bow crit, u get 100 mana back. Considering the rogues dont use auto attack much, don't see how it'd be OP.
    And before the mages start complaining, lets make the health return 40-50% per shot, and put it on their gun. Squishy midgets not being squishy anymore is a fair trade for a few extra aimed shots per mana bar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jenvy View Post
    And before the mages start complaining, lets make the health return 40-50% per shot, and put it on their gun. Squishy midgets not being squishy anymore is a fair trade for a few extra aimed shots per mana bar.
    So,u suggest removing the mages weakness? GREAT IDEA! Give this man a award!
    But, u are propably right about that mages would complain, and it would be kind of fair
    Last edited by ClumsyCactus; 05-23-2014 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Bcuz i forgot to say what i wanted to say

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

The bow gives no base crit no hp boost and the proc isnt useful at all. The dmg off of the bush proc could make curse ruin you. Im keeping my daggs for clashing and ctf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jinathedemo View Post
    So,u suggest removing the mages weakness? GREAT IDEA! Give this man a award!
    But, u are propably right about that mages would complain, and it would be kind of fair
    Giving a rogue a middling amount of mana return lessens our core weakness. There definitely would need to be a tradeoff. Warriors are nicely balanced, so you wouldn't have to do much with them, maybe a few small buffs. But mages desperately need health. Solution: give them a good survival buff.

I would happily fight stronger, long-lived smurfs in exchange for a way to effectively regen mana.

In fact, I wouldn't say no to seeing a version of that applied to all rogue/mage weapons.

I've never liked STS' philosophy that classes need to have a fatal flaw to counter each other. It promotes class imbalance. A player should be crippled by lack of gear and lack of skill, not by intrinsic game mechanics.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenvy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I posted in the announcements thread with numbers and pics that the warrior bulwark weapon actually does have lower dps than most of th currently used weapons. This weapon is supposed to last next season yet stats wise it cant compete with the current stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

DPS might be low, but the damage is probably higher. So your skills will hit for more to offset.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jenvy:1652108
    DPS might be low, but the damage is probably higher. So your skills will hit for more to offset.
    Although his is a possibility, generally 2 handed weapons such as axe or mauls have higher damage than dps, not sword and shield. So I have little faith this weapon is going to be a dmg oriented weapon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

traditionally sword and shield won't have high damge. Gives high hp,armor. The dps is very low. what dev say is it cleaves 3 targets and its nice. IMO its pure tanking weapon for PVE only. PVP wise your not going to kill anybody with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

My thoughts, someone on the dev team plays dota
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supersyan:1652129
    traditionally sword and shield won't have high damge. Gives high hp,armor. The dps is very low. what dev say is it cleaves 3 targets and its nice. IMO its pure tanking weapon for PVE only. PVP wise your not going to kill anybody with it.
    Nearly all warrior weapons hit 3 already. Go to camp boulder, lure some wolves, tap attack. Should hit 3. Tested with entombed, maul architect and a few other weapons. So you can ignore that statement about cleaves 3. Not only that, sword and shield attack range is very very bad in all past cases. Good luck hitting 3 or less.
    Last edited by Ravager; 05-23-2014 at 04:26 PM.