Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The reason I play-eth Arcane Legends

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Default The reason I play-eth Arcane Legends

Whence in the vigour of my youth, a game came by known as Golden Axe. Many a coinage went in to the machines of arcade and brought joy to me as I slay all that stood in my path, guised as a barbarian warrior.

Ye mayhap or not know this game, for it came during a golden age. For ye had a choice of playing 3, a barbarian, an amazonian and a dwarf. Ye hacked, slashed and swigged potions for extreme fire power. Through anguish, fighting, swearing and screaming we complete-eth it.

Arcane Legends I playeth for it hath reminded me of my days of yesteryear, playing that game and what joy it had bringeth. This is why I playeth this game and now ye knowest my age

Pain, anguish, joy and with a fair expenditure of coinage, I too play this game, as ye may have read a few of my stories.

Once a warrior, always a warrior, no matter how lame a warrior - PEACE.
    Last edited by Waheedski; 05-23-2014 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Dropped my potions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Wow thats beyond old, its a classic!

The dwarf with the big axe! Lightning it called up on mobs. Riding dragons, kicking goblins for pots, sweet game that was.

If only my sorcerer had a big axe instead of lame old walking stick.

Main St. , Rockhorn Summit in Tindirin, Arlor
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Are you a descendant of Shakespeare? Or are you stuck in time?

Click THIS to see my Sig-Tutorials!
    AL (Retired): Theologically : Pacified: Crimple : Pegging

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waheedski View Post
    Whence in the vigour of my youth, a game came by known as Golden Axe. Many a coinage went in to the machines of arcade and brought joy to me as I slay all that stood in my path, guised as a barbarian warrior.

Ye mayhap or not know this game, for it came during a golden age. For ye had a choice of playing 3, a barbarian, an amazonian and a dwarf. Ye hacked, slashed and swigged potions for extreme fire power. Through anguish, fighting, swearing and screaming we complete-eth it.

Arcane Legends I playeth for it hath reminded me of my days of yesteryear, playing that game and what joy it had bringeth. This is why I playeth this game and now ye knowest my age

Pain, anguish, joy and with a fair expenditure of coinage, I too play this game, as ye may have read a few of my stories.

Once a warrior, always a warrior, no matter how lame a warrior - PEACE.
    I refuse to read on since you misused "whence." Whence is an adverb, complimentary and/or interrogative, which defines or questions "where." It does not, however, define a time state such as once, long ago, or when.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    I refuse to read on since you misused "whence." Whence is an adverb, complimentary and/or interrogative, which defines or questions "where." It does not, however, define a time state such as once, long ago, or when.
    lol, I love you
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=113935&dateline=13970  95830

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I used to play Ultima I-IV on my Commodore 64. That was my introduction to RPGs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

although I didn't understand ur thread but it sounds cool. m very poor in literature lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    although I didn't understand ur thread but it sounds cool. m very poor in literature lol
    It is riddled with misused Elizabethan Slang (commonly known as Shakespearian slang). So, an in depth literary knowledge wouldn't help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Best part of playing Golden Axe- Riding a dragon.

Name:  screen480x480.jpeg
Views: 322
Size:  36.8 KB

Name:  Golden+Axe+riding+dragon.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  221.3 KB

Name:  135283_original.png
Views: 485
Size:  20.2 KB
    Last edited by matanofx; 05-23-2014 at 10:28 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Whence can also incorporate the sense 'from' and what time or place. I am talking about a game from the time of my youth. But then again one is not writing a masterpiece and can still err hither and thither. Words like complete-eth and play-eth I make up as I go along in flow and in jest. One just plays with words, lighten up dear fellow
    Last edited by Waheedski; 05-23-2014 at 10:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

sir you yet again have amazed me

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Titanfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waheedski View Post
    Whence can also incorporate the sense 'from' and what time or place. I am talking about a game from the time of my youth. But then again one is not writing a masterpiece and can still err hither and thither. Words like complete-eth and play-eth I make up as I go along in flow and in jest. One just plays with words, lighten up dear fellow
    Even Google says you're wrong

Name:  Screenshot_2014-05-24-18-14-04.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  78.9 KB

Additionally, "from" is the prepositional form of where. So, saying that whence also means "from" is not additional information. It is a rewording of the previously stated.

I'm pinting out your misuses because it is exhausting to read posts made in which words aee incorrectly used. It is confusing, unnecessary, and impresses no one. If you do not have an elaborate vocabulary, I don't care. I don't even mind if people misuse who and whom (*cough* Zeus ), will and shall, I and me, then and than, personal pronoun order, or even punctioation (I have very poor punctioation myself). Using words with entirely different meaning than intended is inexcusable. You don't need a Thesaurus to make a good post. All you need is good ideas and informative knowledge or insight. Be frugal instead of inventive with language.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Even Google says you're wrong

Name:  Screenshot_2014-05-24-18-14-04.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  78.9 KB

Additionally, "from" is the prepositional form of where. So, saying that whence also means "from" is not additional information. It is a rewording of the previously stated.

I'm pinting out your misuses because it is exhausting to read posts made in which words aee incorrectly used. It is confusing, unnecessary, and impresses no one. If you do not have an elaborate vocabulary, I don't care. I don't even mind if people misuse who and whom (*cough* Zeus ), will and shall, I and me, then and than, personal pronoun order, or even punctioation (I have very poor punctioation myself). Using words with entirely different meaning than intended is inexcusable. You don't need a Thesaurus to make a good post. All you need is good ideas and informative knowledge or insight. Be frugal instead of inventive with language.
    If you googled further you'll read a dictionary or three describing whence incorporating a sense of from in usage. Anyway... It amuses me to see how a light hearted post has been hijack-eth by your grammar nazism fetish. Who cares for goodness sake, it was posted in fun. I'm not trying to win a literary award. The whole post has erroneous wording throughout and you're ranting about how I just murdered the English language.

By the way, I am not trying to impress anyone and so far the only one with hurt has been you, but then again who made you grammar/literary police of this forum? This is the second time you have personally attacked my posts, the first was where I used street slang as a joke and your answer was a stark rebuke and a link to an online dictionary LOL.

Language and literature can be an art and one can be as inventive as one chooses, there's no need to be frugal. Many sayings and even words Shakespeare himself had invented.

If you find my posts exhausting, confusing or unnecessary then you don't have to read any of them at all. They are not there to impress you or any literary critic, instead they are deliberately posted in a mocking fashion.

In a peculiar way I posted a thread about how AL reminded me of a classic game, and was interested in reading other people's posts, unfortunately you sir have single handedly ruined the flavour of this thread by totally derailing it. Congratulations.

I will not continue to dilute this thread further by being involved in some created argument.
    Last edited by Waheedski; 05-24-2014 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Eggs sunny side up

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Waheedski For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Actually, several players in game were talking about the annoyance of unccomon language being used incorrectly on the forums without a good reason to use such jargon.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?132-Forum-Games

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/foru...pic-Discussion

The above links lead to more "fun" driven sub forums.
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 05-24-2014 at 07:50 PM.

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Hey guys,

I am going to go ahead and close this thread as it has gotten off topic.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com