Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Trophies Gained in PvP

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Trophies Gained in PvP

I searched roughly 40 different enemies in PvP. From each base, I could only gain ONE trophy IF I three-star it. Does this even make sense? 40 times in a row?
    I'm back...!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

So I tested something out. If I lose to one of these players (that I can only receive 1 trophy from), I lose FIFTY trophies. Praise the lord.
    I'm back...!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,065 Times in 887 Posts
    Blog Entries

I know. Its so hard for a top player to gain trophies. I'm guessing my trophy count/base level/troop strength has something to do with this.

And i only gain 2 trophies after a successful defense against an attack... wtf?

IGN: Title
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, fight for tomorrow.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    wtf?
    Exactly... Wtf?
    I'm back...!

Thanks

Lol wut? If I lost in defence I lost a little amount of troops (I.e 2) but when I win its 10+! And Attacking gives me 12+ Trops always, If you're attacking attacking a Lower lv base the trops will be low

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks

Hey guys,

Higher level players receive lower trophy rewards when defeating lower level players.
    On the flip side High level players are penalized for losing to lower level player with increased trophy loss.

As per the 40 consecutive "weak targets" My guess is a combination of factors which all relate to Arcane Battlegrounds very recent launch.

- Few higher level players with the recent launch.
    - Those higher level players have been very active to reach their current status. You can not attack or be matched against a player who is online.
    - The few ideal targets may already be shielded from previous attacks.

All this said I'll do some research and make sure everything is working correctly. We do not want anyone high or low level having a poor experience.

Instant and Zylx would you mind revealing your Arcane Battlegrounds in game names? I could use you guys as specific data points.

Thanks for the feedback. We do read everything even if we do not always post!

Best,
    Thade

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thade View Post
    Hey guys,

Higher level players receive lower trophy rewards when defeating lower level players.
    On the flip side High level players are penalized for losing to lower level player with increased trophy loss.

As per the 40 consecutive "weak targets" My guess is a combination of factors which all relate to Arcane Battlegrounds very recent launch.

- Those higher level players have been very active to reach their current status. You can not attack or be matched against a player who is online.

All this said I'll do some research and make sure everything is working correctly. We do not want anyone high or low level having a poor experience.

Instant and Zylx would you mind revealing your Arcane Battlegrounds in game names? I could use you guys as specific data points.

Best,
    Thade
    My ign is Instanthumor. Zylx's ign is Death. Thanks for replying!
    I'm back...!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thade
    Hey guys,

Best,
    Thade
    As instanthumor said, i'm Death in the game. And also, there's a player (named 666) with a level 9 castle and lvl 7 and 11 defensive structures that only offers 1 trophy for a three-star victory. My guess is that if he attacks one of our bases and destroys them 100%, we'll lose 50 trophies and he'll gain a ton. He hasnt attacked me yet (because my castle is currently lvl 6), but i'm confused as to why his trophy reward is substantially low compared to others in the higher levels. Thanks for the reply!

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks

Hey guys,

I did some more research with the additional information you gave me and found a two things.

1. Funny enough, the 666 you attacked or visited was a QA tester. That account is now inactive. There is another 666 who is much lower level.

2. Both of you, (Death and Instanthumor) are currently front runners in Arcane Battlegrounds trophy race. If either of you is matched up against a player with a dramatically lower trophy score the amount of trophies you can steal is reduced to a minimum of 1.This is to prevent top tier players from farming their less skilled neighbors.

I imagine at Rank 4 and 8 overall (Nice job) both of you are hundreds of trophies ahead of the majority of the players you match against. This means that most of those player won’t be worth much as they are deemed inferior by the matchmaking system.

I would anticipate a huge wave of new players rising up the ranks in a few days which should help clear this up. I’m sorry for all the confusion you have both had. I know this is not ideal for you at present, but you have essentially out scaled your competitors in a game which relies on them to be…well, competitive.

Best,
    Thade

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thade View Post
    Hey guys,

I did some more research with the additional information you gave me and found a two things.

1. Funny enough, the 666 you attacked or visited was a QA tester. That account is now inactive. There is another 666 who is much lower level.

2. Both of you, (Death and Instanthumor) are currently front runners in Arcane Battlegrounds trophy race. If either of you is matched up against a player with a dramatically lower trophy score the amount of trophies you can steal is reduced to a minimum of 1.This is to prevent top tier players from farming their less skilled neighbors.

I imagine at Rank 4 and 8 overall (Nice job) both of you are hundreds of trophies ahead of the majority of the players you match against. This means that most of those player won’t be worth much as they are deemed inferior by the matchmaking system.

I would anticipate a huge wave of new players rising up the ranks in a few days which should help clear this up. I’m sorry for all the confusion you have both had. I know this is not ideal for you at present, but you have essentially out scaled your competitors in a game which relies on them to be…well, competitive.

Best,
    Thade
    Thank you for your time. Appreciate the response!
    I'm back...!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hey guys,

Best,
    Thade
    Thank you very much for this concise response! I was wondering who 666 was to have such an OP base, thanks for clearing that up haha. And it makes sense for us to not be rewarded as much on a victory against a low-level base than a high-level base.

Thanks

Make it easier to gain trophies, when everyone in top 25 can only gain 1-3 trophies. If you lose you lose 50 trophies is a little ridiculous, try balancing the game out a little more
    So when I win with a 1 star victory why am I losing 45 trophies
    Last edited by Daueden; 05-29-2014 at 05:55 PM.

14.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks

Hi Daueden,

When battling players in your same trophy and castle range you will receive more trophies. Given the Arcane Battlegrounds newness, players like yourself who have skyrocketed above the competition have very few worthy adversaries at present. This will quickly resolve its self. As you might have noticed we have more and more players rising in the ranks each day.

When battling a player who has several hundred less trophies than yourself you will receive minimal rewards.

Here is an example;
    Player A with 900+ trophies attacks player B with 154 trophies.

Player B with sub 200 trophies is no match for Player A’s might and the trophy reward is minimal due to the lack of challenge.

On the flip side if Player B were to win, it is seen as a major upset. Player B would be greatly rewarded for their miraculous victory.

Again as the game quickly matures with a flood of new players rising in the ranks you should run into this issue less and less.

Sorry for the confusion!

Best,
    Thade
    Last edited by Thade; 05-30-2014 at 11:50 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hi Daueden,

When battling players in your same trophy and castle range you will receive more trophies. Given the Arcane Battlegrounds newness, players like yourself who have skyrocketed above the competition have very few worthy adversaries at present. This will quickly resolve its self. As you might have noticed we have more and more players rising in the ranks each day.

When battling a player who has several hundred less trophies than yourself you will receive minimal rewards.

Here is an example;
    Player A with 900+ trophies attacks player B with 154 trophies.

Player B with sub 200 trophies is no match for Player A’s might and the trophy reward is minimal due to the lack of challenge.

On the flip side if Player B were to win, it is seen as a major upset. Player B would be greatly rewarded for their miraculous victory.

Again as the game quickly matures with a flood of new players rising in the ranks you should run into this issue less and less.

Sorry for the confusion!

Best,
    Thade
    I do often times see players who have top 25 bases/units at their disposal, but they have absolutely no trophies (from purposely forfeiting battles).

For example, say i do the same thing (go from 900 trophies to 0) and attack someone who has 700 trophies. I win, they lose a lot of trophies because my own trophy count is low, but my base/units are more evolved than theirs.

I see the same exact thing going on in BC. All the beginners are purposely forfeiting battles to keep their trophies low, protecting them from the higher-level people, and also competing with those who have inferior bases.

I would suggest to add another factor in conjunction with trophy count when determining rewards/penalties. I'm not sure what, but someone with a better base than mine shouldnt be draining so many trophies from me when i cant defend against them.

I've noticed a certain player (wont mention any names) who was in the top 30 just a few days ago, and now they have 0-100 trophies. This certain player attacked my base earlier today (won 52%) and i lost 17 trophies from that skirmish.
    Last edited by Zylx; 05-30-2014 at 07:17 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks

When I have a lvl 5 castle but 700 trophies why am i losing 50 trophies from a guy with 500 and a lvl 9 castle try adding in more factors such as i don't know....castle lvl.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Imo, the trophies gained/lost statistics should be based on Castle levels instead of trophy levels, and everyone should be able to attack everyone.
    I'm back...!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Imo, the trophies gained/lost statistics should be based on Castle levels instead of trophy levels, and everyone should be able to attack everyone.
    Agree, hate to see low level players, with dh 7-8, and if we win 3 star only get 1 trophy. Fix this sts pls,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    I think that when you have a Castle lvl 5, for example, you'll be able to gain 1-5 Trophies from Castle's 1-4, 5-20 Trophies from Castle's lvl 5-6, and only gain alot ( By alot i mean 25-40 or something ) of Trophies from fighting Castle's at least 2 levels above yours.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daueden View Post
    Make it easier to gain trophies, when everyone in top 25 can only gain 1-3 trophies. If you lose you lose 50 trophies is a little ridiculous, try balancing the game out a little more
    So when I win with a 1 star victory why am I losing 45 trophies
    This is by design. Nobody wants a player to have 100k trophies. It would take a year to catch up. This system pulls down the top players quickly, and pushes up lower players quickly. In this way, nobody can dominate the top position, and everyone gets a chance to rise to the top.

The current top leaders would be pulled down very quickly if they stopped playing, which is what everyone wants.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by csb
    This is by design. Nobody wants a player to have 100k trophies. It would take a year to catch up. This system pulls down the top players quickly, and pushes up lower players quickly. In this way, nobody can dominate the top position, and everyone gets a chance to rise to the top.

The current top leaders would be pulled down very quickly if they stopped playing, which is what everyone wants.
    Not unless that attacker was equal or greater than the defender. Thade's response revolved around the general idea that newbies and low-level bases have low trophies, and experienced players have higher trophies. I know a few people with lvl 7-8 castles and 0-100 trophies targeting top players purposely to cause an upset in the LB for their allies to move up on. I think that if your potential for winning is equal or less than your opponent, your reward should be more. If your potential for winning is greater than your opponent, the opponent shouldn't be penalized as much as he would if it were equal.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast