Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Classes Suggestion:(REEEAAADDD)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So you bash my suggestion for not being original and yet you proceed to say that nothing's original? Anyways.

I didn't know that enchantresses had steal health, never played one. Only semi-new, as per my sig.

I don't think that Spacetime wants to add new classes. I think people would much rather new content. And I didn't come up with the Necromancer idea, in fact, I pretty much stole the whole thing outright from Guild Wars. That was a great game, fyi

If we consider the classic archetypes, perhaps PL needs a priest/monk (pure healer with debuffing smites, perhaps better single target healer than ench but worse AoE or something) and a rogue/assassin (dex-based stabbity guy with stuns up the butt).

Just no bard. Or make everyone a bard, that can choose a particular instrument that gives a group bonus to a particular substat (hit/crit/regen, whatever) that has it's own XP bar once you're at max level that gains XP by killing things while you're buffed with it. Or some crap like that.
    Ruscour - leveling Ursan Warrior, doing every quest in a content pack before I move on.
    Finished everywhere up to yetiville :-D
    13" MacBook, Gaming PC w/ WinXP 64, Laptop w/ PCLinuxOS, Netbook w/ Peppermint Linux, 64GB 3G iPad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ice spells here only freezes movement, and are broken by fire, not to mention the duration on itself. Really pointless. Lightning's armor debuff just plain sucks. I barely notice any difference. Fire is based on force movement, but is hard to use it right. Still, I would say, PL is really enjoyable from a WoW break, and is the best portable MMO yet. A summoning and petting class would be nice, as Conjour Warlord(Pandas? lol) and Beast Mastery Hunter(Fox?) in WoW. Though ofcourse this would be a challenge to copy MMOs to portable devices.

Yeah, we will definately get WoW when iPad recieves a battery span of 100 hours, clinches to our shirts with eletral magnetic forces, and weighs 100 grams for a 15 incher. Between us, their is only time.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

To be original, we need a strange class... I suggest a lion, its a balanced character. Big and strong like a bear, dexterous like a bird. This class would use claws for weapons or throw sharp talon/ claw nails. Since we already have almost every kind of spell in the game, I suggest that this character would be more self focus'd spell wise. Like Invisibility for 5-10 seconds or so. Or a twin ghost clone that is 1/2 of your level. So if your lvl 50, it will be level 25. If you have the spell at level 5, it will spawn a third clone. They will have lower hp and not be able to cast spells. They disappear after so many seconds or until killed. They will auto attack any target that you are attacking, and they mimic your movements side by side with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post
    we have pandas, eagles, and squirrels!

im pretty sure dragons will beat the sht out of everyone
    The only way we will get dragons is if its a baby dragon that shoots sprinkles of Cinnamon out of its mouth. Oh and it would be fat, small, and have short T-Rex arms. Its wings would be too small to fly! Only way that a dragon will be acceptable in this game .
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 12-30-2010 at 02:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They're bringing pets, right? Maybe we can have pet classes that do different things that would add something extra into the mix.

I still want some sort of undead minion system for something. Something that can raise up to 5/10/whatever baddies into undead guys that follow you and kill what you kill. However, they expire either when they die or after 30 seconds or something. It'd add pace into the game, you'd build up momentum and then try and keep it. I think that'd be fun to have in the game, constantly going pewpewpew, being inclined to keep up that pace.
    Ruscour - leveling Ursan Warrior, doing every quest in a content pack before I move on.
    13" MacBook, Gaming PC w/ WinXP 64, Laptop w/ PCLinuxOS, Netbook w/ Peppermint Linux, 64GB 3G iPad.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruscour View Post
    They're bringing pets, right? Maybe we can have pet classes that do different things that would add something extra into the mix.

I still want some sort of undead minion system for something. Something that can raise up to 5/10/whatever baddies into undead guys that follow you and kill what you kill. However, they expire either when they die or after 30 seconds or something. It'd add pace into the game, you'd build up momentum and then try and keep it. I think that'd be fun to have in the game, constantly going pewpewpew, being inclined to keep up that pace.
    I want summoning classes too! You know how boring pets are? Guild Wars has them, all they freakin do is fight... Its like lugging around a NPC that gets stuck on every single stupid turn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    I want summoning classes too! You know how boring pets are? Guild Wars has them, all they freakin do is fight... Its like lugging around a NPC that gets stuck on every single stupid turn!
    Some people love pets...my girlfriend's Warrior in GWars has a pet crocodile for the sake of it, barely adds damage.

Summoning classes would be cool. Even if it's just a new patch that allows pets for the current classes...like, a fire/water elemental for the enchantress, a snake or something (something that can shoot things) for the archer, and a lion or something for the warrior, with abilities that were either unique (movement control, disables, damage reductions, poisons, that kind of thing) or were the same of yours (for example, I could bind Crippling Slash to my pet, so I could Stomp a mob away, and my pet would cripslash it there for 5 secs or something).

Throwing around random ideas is fun. It'd be so awesome being a game designer at the roundtable :O