Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone play on a Samsung Galaxy S5?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Ehhh. We all have our opinions and reasons for liking what we use. Let's not let this thread turn into yet another Apple vs Android argument, which are oh so common on other (biased) forums. Those "discussions" never get anywhere.

To chime in for the OP, I love playing on my Note 3, so you'll probably like gaming on the S5. I've not used an S5 in person, but I'm sure it's a good piece of equipment.
    Airys <Average Joes>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

I personally play on a Kindle Fire HDX and its great...
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Nearly all current gen smartphones will run the game including the S5 as long as they are running android / ios. The bottleneck will not be the gpu/cpu in most cases but the wireless connection.

Things to consider are the form factor / size. Some people have larger thumbs and require bigger screens to be comfortable. Some people like larger bezels, some do not. Some people accidentally and constantly hit the home button due to layouts. Best to test in person if you can and go with your own opinion of devices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Nearly all current gen smartphones will run the game including the S5 as long as they are running android / ios. The bottleneck will not be the gpu/cpu in most cases but the wireless connection.

Things to consider are the form factor / size. Some people have larger thumbs and require bigger screens to be comfortable. Some people like larger bezels, some do not. Some people accidentally and constantly hit the home button due to layouts. Best to test in person if you can and go with your own opinion of devices.
    Yes, they will run the game for the time being but over time, they will grow more laggy. Example: N7 played AL butter smooth. Now? It lags after the graphic upgrades.

So, if you want a long term device, apple is your choice. If you want the most fancy spec'd device that you can show off to your friends, android is the king. It comes down to preference, just know what you are in for.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Yes, they will run the game for the time being but over time, they will grow more laggy. Example: N7 played AL butter smooth. Now? It lags after the graphic upgrades.

So, if you want a long term device, apple is your choice. If you want the most fancy spec'd device that you can show off to your friends, android is the king. It comes down to preference, just know what you are in for.
    Linux can be updated and hardware easily expanded to improve longevity. This is especially true for pure Google products such as those under the Nexus label.

My #1 complaint with apple is that I have to jail break the device (which bogs down the device's operations) to get the apps I use most. Not to mention, I void the warranty doing so. Below is a screenie of my home screen. Specifically Show box, Note Everything, and Music Downloader Paradise Pro cannot be installed on an apple device nor is there a suitable replacement without jail breaking.

Name:  Screenshot_2014-06-03-00-40-20.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  45.7 KB

Not to mention several wireless providers offer yearly and/or bi-yearly upgrades. Moore's Law also says processing will double every two years (a notable leap is made aproximentally 1.5 years into this 2 year period). Thus, a top of the line 2014 device will remain relevant through 2016 whereupon you can upgrade devices. I upgrade every two years and only see issues in the week(s) to at most month before I finally upgrade devices.

Unless you are planning to keep your mobile device for more than 4 years, apple has no strategic advantage in avoiding lag in games. Even then, apple products (notably the Iphone3 which is comparable to the original HTC Evo) can have processing issues before their android rivals based on how far ahead it was at the time of release. Though rare, the iphone3 is a prime example.

In my opinion, you shouldn't buy an apple product just because you think it will last longer do to a better GPU. But yes, you are technically buying a better image. Processing versus Graphics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Oh im sticking by android 100%. I'm not a very big fan of Apple as a company, and i have Steve Jobs to blame for that (i feel as though it's ran by chauvinistic bigots). I also feel limited when i use apple devices (even though i've only used an iPad).

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Oh im sticking by android 100%. I'm not a very big fan of Apple as a company, and i have Steve Jobs to blame for that (i feel as though it's ran by chauvinistic bigots). I also feel limited when i use apple devices (even though i've only used an iPad).
    Well then...umm, not sure how to respond *cries about previous post that took 15 minutes to type up*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot
    Well then...umm, not sure how to respond *cries about previous post that took 15min typing up*
    Owh sorry! Well it backs up my preference for android devices and allows the ones who havent decided yet on Apple or Android to get a better understanding on what they can get . Your post was appropriate!

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Nexus 5 all the way!

And as for Apple having better gaming devices that is only true for games specifically developed for the iPhone/iPad. In the case with AL which is developed to cross multiple platforms it is highly unlikely that it remotely utilizes all the ability an iOS device has to offer. The same goes for the top android phones as well.

Retired Officer of Chivalrous Union

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Owh sorry! Well it backs up my preference for android devices and allows the ones who havent decided yet on Apple or Android to get a better understanding on what they can get . Your post was appropriate!
    Nah, I was kidding. To be honest it was a good time killer. Only complaint is my background looks like trash in the screen shot, lol. It is a live background which loops through certain parts of the universe in a repeating loop. I just happened to catch it at the beginning where it is all black and doesn't have any cool nebulas, quasars, or galaxies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus:1665427

Not sure. It still runs fine on my galaxy note 1 which has much lower specs than an n7.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Not sure. It still runs fine on my galaxy note 1 which has much lower specs than an n7.
    Hmm, for my n7, AL now lags along with my Kindle Fire HD...even after a factory reset. Isn't the GPU on the note 1 better or am I mistaken?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Hmm, for my n7, AL now lags along with my Kindle Fire HD...even after a factory reset. Isn't the GPU on the note 1 better or am I mistaken?
    I'm using a 1st gen n7 (might get the 2013 one soon) and I've never got any massive prolonged lag except for my internet connection.. But then again I've never tried long sessions on an iPad. :0.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Osabevie View Post
    I'm using a 1st gen n7 (might get the 2013 one soon) and I've never got any massive prolonged lag except for my internet connection.. But then again I've never tried long sessions on an iPad. :0.
    I'm not saying that there is massive lag, however the frame rate is lower when compared to other devices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus:1665639
    If you mean the nexus 7 by n7 then it should be the tegra quadcore based set. The resolution on the n7 is higher than the galaxy note 1. Perhaps the resolution that its pushing makes a difference. Then again you dont see the logo "optimized for nvidia" upon loading if that makes a difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Okay, so you are comparing a mid level android device to a top of the line apple device? Hmmm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

If you mean the nexus 7 by n7 then it should be the tegra quadcore based set. The resolution on the n7 is higher than the galaxy note 1. Perhaps the resolution that its pushing makes a difference. Then again you dont see the logo "optimized for nvidia" upon loading if that makes a difference.
    AL runs flawless on both the gen1 and gen2 Nexus 7s in my experience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Okay, so you are comparing a mid level android device to a top of the line apple device? Hmmm
    My 4S plays smoother than it...that's not mid level.