Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Battlegrounds New-Player Guide

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Arcane Battlegrounds New-Player Guide

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2231
Size:  673.1 KB

1. What is Arcane Battlegrounds?

Arcane Battlegrounds is a free-to-play online strategy game inspired by Arcane Legends. The game features direct links to Arcane Legends, and Gustav will play your tutorial guide! Fun right?

"Arcane Battlegrounds lets players take control of hearty Warriors, brutal Trolls, and fire-breathing Dragons to defend the citizens of Arlor against a tyrannical ruler. Through strategy, cunning, and courage, players will build a kingdom, raise an army, defeat enemies, and bring peace once more."

2. What can you do in Arcane Battlegrounds?

Arcane Battlegrounds has a few distinct features as to what you can do in the game.

For those to BaB, There are two main modes to the game. You can play through the storyline and plot of the game by building different structures, or battle other players Kingdom. The story allows you to complete goals.

Form an alliance with your friends to support one another with troops and resources, ensuring victory on and off of the battlefield.

Play with Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime™ – Android and iOS players from around the world compete with each other on the same network.

3. Is the game out now? (iOS Status)

The game is currently available for download on all Android devices as an exclusive, with iOS release in the coming weeks.

4. Game Options

If you have played Battle Dragons or Battle Command, you will understand the interface, and how it works. For new players, I have taken the liberty to post what the buttons do.

On the top right, you will see your name you have chosen for your Kingdom to be called. This will prompt after the tutorial. Clicking on this tab will show you a list of available options.

Battle Log - The Battle Log can be used in order to see what players have attacked your Kingdom recently. These will show on the Attack's battle log. Your defences will show on the defences tab.

Mail - The mail feature will make more use later on in the game. The mail feature allows the player to send boosts, messages, and all news will show here as well. You may be asking, what is a boost? A boost is an enhancer that will make building times and troop production times reduce. Boosts can be applied at any time. Players can visit other Kingdoms to send these.

Alliance - If you have joined an Alliance, your alliance will be listed here. You can start an alliance for 50,000 coins, or join an existing alliance for free. By pressing on join an alliance, you will see all the alliances made by players. Once you've seen one that you'd like to join, select it to view current members, then you can request to join the alliance, or report the alliances name. This will go straight to spacetime support.

Google Play - Selecting this will allow you to sign into an existing google account. This will allow you to save your progress so you can move from device to device and play the existing Kingdom you have created.

Friends - You can currently log in via Facebook, which will allow you to send boosts, shorten build times, and join allies with other players.

Achievements - Arcane Battlegrounds features an achievements system. You can check these whenever you want to see if you are close to a goal or not. For example, the first achievement is to complete up to a specific story mode level. Others include upgrading your gold mine, mana mills, upgrading buildings, unlocking troops, removing obstacles, destroying a specific number of enemy buildings, and sending or receiving boosts. The game is very expansive in a sense that you can go back to these mad claim platinum from completed achievements.

Settings - The Settings Menu allows you to tweak settings such as sound and music, moving buildings and a notification toggle for certain aspects. You can change language, access help and support, or sign in with Google.

5. Where can I find more information about the game?

You can visit the games promotional website over on:

http://www.arcanebattlegrounds.com

Discuss the game on the official forums:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/foru...-Battlegrounds

Read the announcement thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...gle-Play-Store!

6. How can I keep up with content and client updates?

Update #1 - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...date-5-29-2014

7. Are there any starting strategies I should use?

It is important that you don't break your 3 day shield (the newbie shield)! You will be vulnerable to attacks and you will start to lose your resources.

Use the 3 day shield to build gold mines and mana mills. Also, increase your storage capacities for gold and mana (by building gold and mana storages).

At the end of day 3 (the last day of the shield duration), build up your defences. Build cannons and fire towers, they build up quick and you'll have enough time to upgrade them to lvl 2 or 3.

One thing I forgot, do quests while you have your shield. You will make easy money and learn how to use your troops efficiently.

After your shield expires, try to focus on getting enough gold to upgrade your castle. The upgrade will provide you with a lot of useful stuff to build, such as more cannons and fire towers + one more waypoint.

Wage war! Earn trophies and bring destruction to enemy bases.

(All credit goes to ShoneX - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?75375-Shonex)

8. Quick! How do I build a base?

This guide written by another forumer will help you to build a base.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...e-Building-101

COMING SOON: Chat and Build options, Battle modes, different minerals to gather, and pictures.
    Last edited by Skeletonlord; 06-03-2014 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Added strategy section

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Skeletonlord For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Nicely done Skeletonlord. You have invested time in this and it shows. I gave you a "thumbs up" because you deserve it. Also, I would like to add a few things.

A friend of mine asked me for some tips on how to build up his base. This is the original message I sent to him:

Quote Originally Posted by Shonex View Post
    Hello! Nice to see that I'm not the only PL forumer around here. I will give you some tips on how to build up your base fast and efficient.

1. *Note: This tip is really important, it will help you progress.

Don't break your 3 day shield (the newbie shield)! You will be vulnerable to attacks and you will start to lose your resources.

2. Use the 3 day shield to build gold mines and mana mills. Also, increase your storage capacities for gold and mana (by building gold and mana storages).

3. At the end of day 3 (the last day of the shield duration), build up your defences. Build cannons and fire towers, they build up quick and you'll have enough time to upgrade them to lvl 2 or 3.

4. One thing I forgot, do quests while you have your shield. You will make easy money and learn how to use your troops efficiently.

5. After your shield expires, try to focus on getting enough gold to upgrade your castle. The upgrade will provide you with a lot of useful stuff to build, such as more cannons and fire towers + one more waypoint.

6. Wage war! Earn trophies and bring destruction to enemy bases.

That's all from me, enjoy the game
    I think that this could help some players with their progress. As tips on how to play the game efficienlty. Please tell me what you think
    PL:
    Atomex (Lvl 76) | Warbladex (Lvl 65) | Generatex (Lvl 50) | Trueserb (Lvl 25)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shonex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

This is great. Digging it. Thanks for your feedback! Hoping to cover every aspect of the game over time.

I will add these points to a new section for sure. Thanks ShoneX!
    Last edited by Skeletonlord; 06-01-2014 at 12:54 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Skeletonlord For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ty for mentioning me in your guide, it means a lot to me.

Also, I would like to add a reply to my friend's thread. It's from Maalice and he wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by Maalice View Post
    Here is another valuable tip: with ur newbie plat buy a peasant house!!! This is a must!!! Then either buy or free offer ur way to another 1000 plat and buy another house, then, and only then, buy the new hero pack. If u buy the pack before the 1000 plat house ur fourth house will cost 2000.
    This is really useful, I have totally forgotten about this. As Maalice said, this is a must. Could you add it to your guide?

Sent from my calculator using Tapatalk.
    PL:

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,084 Times in 1,386 Posts

Great guide! Thank you!
    | | | | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Great guide! Thank you!
    No problem. Still needs a little work here and there (still need to explain chat, build and menu options!). Anything else you suggest?

@ShoneX Great find again. Will update as soon as I can. I am pretty busy tomorrow but I will soon!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Skeletonlord For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You might want to add that this game requires IOS 6 and above, so first gen IPad users are SOL.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Growwle View Post
    You might want to add that this game requires IOS 6 and above, so first gen IPad users are SOL.
    Ah yeah, game requirements is a great point to add onto this. Great job!

Thanks

very helpful thanks!
    Ign: Cooletzzz (AL & AB)
    “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”

Thanks

Default Arcane Battlegrounds New-Player Guide

I've been plying this on My iPad but I cant sign out their's know sign out !! In setting it Music, Sound, Prevent Moving Buildings, Language, Thats it I'm Constantly signed in, I want Too play on My Android Tablet with Google But when I open it it goes straight too Google and a New Game with No Option of Sign in With Email or Google !! Its Driving me Nuts No-One Seems to know what too do Is It b/c Im Constantly signed in on my IPad ?? As I can Play D/L & A/L
    On my Android Tablet with Options of Email or google Its Just BattleGrounds Please Does Anyone know What I got too do ?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You can't sign out. The thing is that iOS uses game center, while Android uses Google+. The developers said that you can't go from iOS to Android. But you can use Google+ to login on any android device (your base will be saved). And use game center to login on any iOS device. But as I said you can't go from android to ios.
    PL:

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Shonex For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shonex View Post
    You can't sign out. The thing is that iOS uses game center, while Android uses Google+. The developers said that you can't go from iOS to Android. But you can use Google+ to login on any android device (your base will be saved). And use game center to login on any iOS device. But as I said you can't go from android to ios.
    Thank You at least I know now, Thats rubbish wanted too use PayPal too buy Plat !! Guess I just got to make a new base on the google tablet then. Thanks Again

Thanks
    Blog Entries

they should link it to emails like the other games they make lol
    I Cant do nothing right can i or is it just others.. IGN: Vploit

Thanks

This game should have some default base layouts.

Thanks

Erm ... Just one question e.e"
    how do you change the position of you fence placement ??

Thanks

Don't break my shield? Oh. Crap.