Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 8-bit Salute | We Did It! | Official Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Congrats on such an awesome event and the funds raised are pretty crazy considering the size of the sts community!

Some things regarding the stream that might help future streams and events.

• Create a schedule of when games will be played. Lots of players would constantly ask when "x" game would be played, and if it was played, it wasnt for very long.
    • Some graphic overlays would be helpful so that people can know what their watching or who they are watching. an 8-bit logo on the screen would have helped identify the stream better. This would have been perfect to use when you had to hide the game screen or step away for a bit.
    • I don't recall seeing or hearing much about the 8-bit campaign during the 24hrs of the stream. I think it would have been nice to have some of the 8-bit people available during the stream to continue on the awareness and event build up.
    • Use the in-game ads to promote the streaming events better. not everyone is one forums, and not everyone takes the time to check out the rotating banner. But I know I spend enough time inside the menu screen to know that I can play Battle Command or Star Legends
    • the stream quality could have been a bit better, it was really difficult to read text in game or sometimes make out what was going on.

I really hope STS starts using streaming more and more for their facetime vids and hopefully starts showing off awesome things like the current 8-bit salute tournament thats going on (didn't know it was happening? I'm not surprised).
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hectororius For This Useful Post:

Senior Member TheMightyFeusalet's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

i did had some fun with my own stream <3

Join enigmatic, the best pve guild in al! We are Enigmatic, we are ONE!
    Want a sig (for free) pm me on forums

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    Congrats on such an awesome event and the funds raised are pretty crazy considering the size of the sts community!

Some things regarding the stream that might help future streams and events.

• Create a schedule of when games will be played. Lots of players would constantly ask when "x" game would be played, and if it was played, it wasnt for very long.
    • Some graphic overlays would be helpful so that people can know what their watching or who they are watching. an 8-bit logo on the screen would have helped identify the stream better. This would have been perfect to use when you had to hide the game screen or step away for a bit.
    • I don't recall seeing or hearing much about the 8-bit campaign during the 24hrs of the stream. I think it would have been nice to have some of the 8-bit people available during the stream to continue on the awareness and event build up.
    • Use the in-game ads to promote the streaming events better. not everyone is one forums, and not everyone takes the time to check out the rotating banner. But I know I spend enough time inside the menu screen to know that I can play Battle Command or Star Legends
    • the stream quality could have been a bit better, it was really difficult to read text in game or sometimes make out what was going on.

I really hope STS starts using streaming more and more for their facetime vids and hopefully starts showing off awesome things like the current 8-bit salute tournament thats going on (didn't know it was happening? I'm not surprised).
    Thank you so much for the great feedback. This was our first streaming event (other than Face Time) and so this really helps out in making the next ones better. I wish I could have streamed more of that tournament. I'll definitely make sure that we work that into the schedule and coordinate it better next time.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Yeah - I wanted u guys to attack my BC base but was completely unaware of the streaming thing. I struggle to find relevant BC threads using Tapatalk because it's all AL players selling 'level 15 Flaming Sword of Fire' and whatnot. Wish u had different forums for different games. Well done on the charity run though. Impressive result!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk