Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: First look: Goblin Event Pets (just happiness bonus and how to acquire)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    Banner? i'm on it! What a great event for players hoping to score some exclusive stuff!
    get ur plats ready then! with the energy ball system the people who get on leaderboards will be the ones who buy the most energy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    The event leaderboard is time limited to when the event runs. It tallies point totals for players progressing through the event. You score points for each boss (depending on which of the 4 bosses you are fighting). There is a vanity banner for the top 25 on the leaderboard at the end of the event and the pet for the top 3.
    I'm a pet collector and non-plat user. I use plats from free offers only to buy plat-exclusive pets. So, I know I won't be able to compete for Nightshade and I really really hate it, lol, but Sam, could you consider make it accessible through other methods in the future?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to basketholic209 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

When I first saw Nightshade I was like When I saw his description I was like .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

The event leaderboard is time limited to when the event runs. It tallies point totals for players progressing through the event. You score points for each boss (depending on which of the 4 bosses you are fighting). There is a vanity banner for the top 25 on the leaderboard at the end of the event and the pet for the top 3.
    I'm very disappointed by this move. You're moving the game into the pay2win category which unfortunately is not what AL is about. It starts off with this one-off pet that is awarded to the top 3, and eventually, we'll start seeing more events with exclusive leaderboard content on a regular basis.

what you're doing with Gyrn on the hand is perfect. It available to all players, and if a players REALLY wants it, they will do what it takes to farm that egg, including spending plat.

You already have an avenue for plat exclusive pets through crates and stable purchases. Dont mask this pet behind a glaring pay wall, and worse yet, only have 3 available to the entire AL population.

Please reconsider.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

7. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Hectororius For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Can the leaderboard be divided by class? A maxed rogue who can solo the maps will be faster than a maxed warrior or mage.

There is little room for complaints if the lb is divided by class, in some way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Can the leaderboard be divided by class? A maxed rogue who can solo the maps will be faster than a maxed warrior or mage.

There is little room for complaints if the lb is divided by class, in some way.
    Like between plat spenders and non-plat spenders?
    Let's make kids

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bramer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

So nightshade is only obtainable by macro-happy players and botters. That's kinda ridiculous. At least make it obtainable in some way after the event like in locked crates, or plat-purchase via stable.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok..I want this event Asap. Heuehuehuehue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice of you to name a boss after me. ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

What the £#5@!! Top 3 players -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

deleted
    Last edited by wvhills; 06-03-2014 at 03:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    So nightshade is only obtainable by macro-happy players and botters. That's kinda ridiculous. At least make it obtainable in some way after the event like in locked crates, or plat-purchase via stable.
    This. I'd gladly purchase this pet via Plat and I'm sure alot of others will if its made available. Even making it available in locked crates would be fine. But limiting it strictly to LB is not a good idea.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to keikali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Default First look: Goblin Event Pets (just happiness bonus and how to acquire)

Imo nightshade should be a 150 plat pet of something and the winners of the lbs receive a FREE nightshade pet and another award or something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    This. I'd gladly purchase this pet via Plat and I'm sure alot of others will if its made available. Even making it available in locked crates would be fine. But limiting it strictly to LB is not a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    Imo nightshade should be a 150 plat pet of something and the winners of the lbs receive a FREE nightshade pet and another award or something
    ^this I agree with, first 3 get a free nightshade (maybe even nightshade eggs) while everyone else can purchase for 90-150plat once the vent is over, heck I'd even settle for lock crate eggs aswell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

this is a little disappointing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Sam, when you say "top 3 players", do you mean the top player in each class, or the top 3 total. Because as has been mentioned, rogues tend to have an advantage when it comes to bosses. A team of all rogues would kill bosses much faster than a mixed team.

As for all the complaints, why the need to have everything? There are 3 pets here, and only one of them is being rewarded for the leaderboard. And from looking at the stats, he is good, but certainly not OP or any better than some of the mythic and arcane pets out there. So sorry if some of you feel the need to have every single item no matter what. I guess you are going to be disappointed.

Why can't you be happy that there are pets here for everyone? If all the new pets were rewards for plat spenders, then I could see you being upset. But people who spend plat work hard for their money, and they don't just wish to give donations to STS. Most of them like to get something for their money, and they fund the game that you play every day for free. So stop the whining please.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 06-03-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Sam, when you say "top 3 players", do you mean the top player in each class, or the top 3 total. Because as has been mentioned, rogues tend to have an advantage when it comes to bosses. A team of all rogues would kill bosses much faster than a mixed team.
    How long it takes a player to actually complete the kills is in the noise since you only get three free tokens every 8 hours. So unless it will take a Sorc over 160 minutes to kill the boss, the ~winners~ will solely be determined by how many more tokens a player decides to buy.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    How long it takes a player to actually complete the kills is in the noise since you only get three free tokens every 8 hours. So unless it will take a Sorc over 160 minutes to kill the boss, the ~winners~ will solely be determined by how many more tokens a player decides to buy.
    I suspect the tokens will be pretty cheap, so the determining factor will probably be the time spent and not the money spent. I suspect most of your top plat spenders will just continue to run the dungeon over and over, and since they are only giving out 3 of them, time will become the issue.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I suspect the tokens will be pretty cheap, so the determining factor will probably be the time spent and not the money spent. I suspect most of your top plat spenders will just continue to run the dungeon over and over, and since they are only giving out 3 of them, time will become the issue.
    That could be the case if it is only 1-2 plat per run and a Rogue takes say 3 minutes and others take say, 4 minutes, it could easily add up to a No Contest Rogue win.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Should make the points given only for completing a maddeningly hard dungeon....something that is like fighting an elite enraged Inan, elite Ala, and elite Bloodhammer--all scaled to 41, of course--all at once, in a big map.

Oh, how the rage threads would be so great.

Anyway, considering we saw someone list 14 Ripmaw eggs at once during the recent event...it'll just be a matter of which 3 heavy plat spenders can complete the dungeons the quickest, while having the free time to play endlessly. That, or the best bot programmers that are heavy plat spenders.
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.