Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: [Rogue] PvP Damage Glitch (Not the PvP Nerf)

  1. #1
    Forum Legend Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,004
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,527
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,689
    Thanked in
    2,875 Posts

    Default [Rogue] PvP Damage Glitch (Not the PvP Nerf)

    Hello Devs,

    There's currently an issue with the PvP Damage nerf that you have placed upon rogues. I realize that it has been effect for a while. However, when making it visual, it has now bugged out.

    The nerf overrides every damage percent boost there is, including the 15% damage pets. Why? I have no idea.

    This can be proved through comparing Glacian to Hammerjaw. These screenshots were taken in PvP!

    Glacian:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2014-06-03 at 5.35.51 PM.png
Views: 534
Size:  1.81 MB

    Hammerjaw:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2014-06-03 at 5.35.39 PM.png
Views: 517
Size:  1.79 MB

    Retested in various setups to confirm that it is in fact a visual glitch.
    Last edited by Zeus; 06-04-2014 at 01:38 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Luminary Poster Bless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    dystopia
    Posts
    7,609
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    313
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    787
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

    Default

    Interesting.
    Credits to Iady

  4. #3
    Blogger Tendirin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,150
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    37
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    256
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

    Default

    Happened to me when i used glacian and singe
    I Cant do nothing right can i or is it just others.. IGN: Vploit

  5. #4
    Senior Member falmear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,494
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    49
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,096
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

    Default

    Probably just another display glitch.

  6. #5
    Forum Legend Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,004
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,527
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,689
    Thanked in
    2,875 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Probably just another display glitch.
    No, I've tried many times against an unshielded mage and I usually hit 2k crit in maxed out gear on a charged aimed shot...

    Asphynxia was also kind enough to test with me against his rogue as well.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

  7. #6
    Senior Member Serancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    4,212
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,047
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,886
    Thanked in
    1,041 Posts

    Default

    Didn't you ask (understating it) for them to fix the one-hit crits ko's? Sounds to me like they granted the request.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

  8. #7
    Forum Legend Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,004
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,527
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,689
    Thanked in
    2,875 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Didn't you ask (understating it) for them to fix the one-hit crits ko's? Sounds to me like they granted the request.
    I asked for them to give new gear to do that, not nerf current gear. It's a glitch, yet apparently that's a request? We need the damage to be able to kill juggernaut warriors but all classes need additional health. This is not a solution. The solution is replacement gear to gear 15 levels from level cap that is still considered the best. Furthermore, this would only apply to rogues. Mages hit quite hard these days as well, to the point where if you are stun locked, you have a slight chance of surviving. I think everybody would appreciate more survivability, no? So, please don't do the trolls. They don't help!

    Anyways, after about a good 200 more aimed shots, we decided that it was Asphynxia's Magmatic Doublet of Will saving his butt. However, the initial issue still remains that the damage percents for rogue does not show.
    Last edited by Zeus; 06-04-2014 at 01:51 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

  9. #8
    Luminary Poster Energizeric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,244
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    960
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,925
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

    Default

    Normally I am the first one to defend STS, and I understand that there are always going to be some issues that cannot be found when only a few people test the game client. That said, did STS even test this client? There are way too many issues present that should have been caught during routine testing, and this is surely one of them.

  10. #9
    Forum Legend Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,004
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,527
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,689
    Thanked in
    2,875 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Normally I am the first one to defend STS, and I understand that there are always going to be some issues that cannot be found when only a few people test the game client. That said, did STS even test this client? There are way too many issues present that should have been caught during routine testing, and this is surely one of them.
    Honestly, I've spent my playing time digging up the glitches. With all the math going on with these number displays, I can definitely see how it was missed.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

  11. #10
    Senior Member Serancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    4,212
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,047
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,886
    Thanked in
    1,041 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I asked for them to give new gear to do that, not nerf current gear. It's a glitch, yet apparently that's a request? We need the damage to be able to kill juggernaut warriors but all classes need additional health. This is not a solution. The solution is replacement gear to gear 15 levels from level cap that is still considered the best. Furthermore, this would only apply to rogues. Mages hit quite hard these days as well, to the point where if you are stun locked, you have a slight chance of surviving. I think everybody would appreciate more survivability, no? So, please don't do the trolls. They don't help!

    Anyways, after about a good 200 more aimed shots, we decided that it was Asphynxia's Magmatic Doublet of Will saving his butt. However, the initial issue still remains that the damage percents for rogue does not show.
    I wasn't trolling. Seriously, if it stopped the problem of rogues one-hitting each other with. 4k crits (which are ridiculous) who cares if it's gear or damage that was nerfed. The rest of this post doesn't even make sense to me. Of course the magmatic saved aspy's butt, it's 200 armor more than mythic. That is straight numbers. Save the hostility for someone else.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

  12. #11
    Guardian of Alterra JaytB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,492
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    898
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,218
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

    Default

    Maybe it's to compensate for all the other rogues'.. Uhm... 'Features'?


    And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:


  14. #12
    Forum Legend Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,004
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,527
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,689
    Thanked in
    2,875 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I wasn't trolling. Seriously, if it stopped the problem of rogues one-hitting each other with. 4k crits (which are ridiculous) who cares if it's gear or damage that was nerfed. The rest of this post doesn't even make sense to me. Of course the magmatic saved aspy's butt, it's 200 armor more than mythic. That is straight numbers. Save the hostility for someone else.
    Your solution is to do away people's multiple millions they spent on pets? Sorry, that's broken, not a system. It would also cost a toll on the arcane pet economy.

    They are one hitting each other because health and armor are simply not high enough. By reducing damage, you have a new set of issues:
    • Not being able to run down Mage's shield quick enough
    • Not being able to kill a Juggernaut warrior

    So, fix the one hits by increasing armor and health. A shielded mage cannot be one hit & a warrior, unless has no buffs and stunned cannot be one combo'd either.

    Additionally, then there is this bug that extrapolates the issue you described, if we are referring to armor debufffs:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...buff-mechanics

    Either way, you seem to have a suggestion while I am reporting a bug. So, I'd suggest you use the Suggestions & Feedback forums for your suggestion if you think it's a suitable one rather than attempting to turn a bug into something that it is not.


    @JaytB
    After many tests, it is just a visual bug so that is not the case.
    Last edited by Zeus; 06-04-2014 at 09:42 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

  15. #13
    Guardian of Alterra JaytB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,492
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    898
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,218
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    @JaytB
    After many tests, it is just a visual bug so that is not the case.
    If you honestly have no clue what I'm talking about, I'll PM you. I also did many tests, very recently, and can tell you for sure I'm not talking about any visual bugs here.


    And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

  16. #14
    Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hundred Acre Woods
    Posts
    6,310
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    699
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    919
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

    Default

    Remembered this quote from null_void about debuffs being first and then if NO debuffs then buffs apply. I was thinking at the time it was if you were debuffed by an enemy but it looks like the global PvP debuff might count and is wiping any and all buffs!

    Quote Originally Posted by null_void View Post
    You are both correct. The way that the current multiplier system works depends on the statistic being multiplied. In the case of damage specifically, we apply the following rules:

    - Is there one or more debuff? If so, use the lowest damage multiplier (for example, if you have a 0.5 damage multiplier debuff and a 0.25 damage multiplier debuff, this would result in a multiplier of 0.25).
    - Otherwise, is there one or more buff? If so, use the highest damage multiplier (for example, if you have a 1.05 damage multiplier buff and a 1.25 damage multiplier buff, this would result in a multiplier of 1.25).

    Because of this, yes. If you have a passive skill with a 1.05 multiplier (5/5 skill), and you also have a pet out that gives you a 1.15 multiplier, your total damage multiplier will be 1.15.

    There are a few things that override this - bonus damage, double damage weekends and such interact with the statistic system differently from the normal multipliers, so they don't use this logic.

    The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

  17. #15
    Forum Legend Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,004
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,527
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,689
    Thanked in
    2,875 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    If you honestly have no clue what I'm talking about, I'll PM you. I also did many tests, very recently, and can tell you for sure I'm not talking about any visual bugs here.
    Sure, PM me.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Similar Threads

  1. Increase Global Damage Nerf in PvP?
    By Zeus in forum AL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-25-2014, 12:42 PM
  2. Opinions and feedback on the damage nerf
    By mountains in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-15-2013, 02:06 PM
  3. Remove PvP Damage Nerf
    By Kixxler in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 11-11-2013, 11:38 AM
  4. How damage nerf affected us rhinos.
    By Caiahar in forum PL Player vs. Player Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-12-2013, 07:00 AM
  5. Buff Mages Nerf Rogue Crit Damage
    By Infrico in forum AL Player vs. Player
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-24-2013, 09:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •