Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Goblin Event Official Suggestions and Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aziiii View Post
    first time ...in a long time , when i see most of the people have similar opinions
    Lol ikr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Yes it should tell you something when plat users and non plat users have the same opinion of the event.

Instagram: arcanemusings
    Guild: Immaculate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aziiii View Post
    first time ...in a long time , when i see most of the people have similar opinions
    let s not forget the new client brings great improvements and is a huge effort! the timing of the event release surely is unfortunate with the fresh client issues. kudos to the devs for handling that!
    but the combination of energy mechanic, leaderboard driven limited awards and blatant abuse just leaves overall a big dissappointment after the high hopes for this event and badly needs to be addressed to avoid further frustration.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

The whole asking for plat when someone enters a portal thing is so wrong - can't even believe this was done. It may be optional, but it sure doesn't look that way with how it is presented. I can't say anything else on this. Just so unbelievable.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    The whole asking for plat when someone enters a portal thing is so wrong - can't even believe this was done. It may be optional, but it sure doesn't look that way with how it is presented. I can't say anything else on this. Just so unbelievable.
    i agree 100%. we re experiencing this in gc when people just log off frustrated after burning their energy.
    During Tarlok we could look for Portals together, and there were still lots of options to spend plat or make progress without plat.
    but the contest setup now is adding insult to injury and needs to be revisited too.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #126
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    Lets be realistic here.... For most part players don't give a hoot about the legendaries, we all want a chance to win the shard and the pets. What i believe many are suggesting is that you should make this event skill based not just who can run as many times in 6 days.

Im a heavy plat spender (though my spend has dropped since dragon update by 2/3) and after 2 or 3 runs i soon became extremely aware that i wasn't going to get anywhere near the top of the lb. This is a problem for STS...... In an hour or so you you have single handedly disappointed 90% (an understatement) of your plat spenders. i wont be spending any more on the event..... Soz. I'll just be saving for the new pet instead

Also you may want to look at the mechanics of how this is run.... there are many bugs that players are abusing.

Please don't do this for the main event, ignore the amount of plat that would need to be spent and think about your players please.
    In a way this is exactly why we're doing a smaller event before the main one. There is a lot of feedback to go through, and while a lot of it is negative not all of it is. We are identifying issues, as well as looking at how players are playing and ways to refine the experience for everyone.

There will certainly be refinements in how the next event plays out, taking into consideration a lot of the things mentioned in this and in other threads, as well as our own metrics related to the event and how it is being played.

We certainly thank you all for your feedback, we are listening!

Specifically related to the Goblin Event, it's very hard to make changes when there are rewards and leaderboards on the line. Changing the rules mid event would be even more catastrophic. The important take away for everyone is even though we are quiet on the boards, we are definitely having meetings and discussions to address the system moving forward and for the better.
    Last edited by Carapace; 06-05-2014 at 05:13 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    In a way this is exactly why we're doing a smaller event before the main one. There is a lot of feedback to go through, and while a lot of it is negative not all of it is. We are identifying issues, as well as looking at how players are playing and ways to refine the experience for everyone.

There will certainly be refinements in how the next event plays out, taking into consideration a lot of the things mentioned in this and in other threads, as well as our own metrics related to the event and how it is being played.

Specifically related to the Goblin Event, it's very hard to make changes when there are rewards and leaderboards on the line. Changing the rules mid event would be even more catastrophic. The important take away for everyone is even though we are quiet on the boards, we are definitely having meetings and discussions to address the system moving forward and for the better.
    ( out of thanks )
    Last edited by Carapace; 06-05-2014 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Adding edited portion of Carapace post to quote
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Just burn the energy system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am hoping there will be some sort of events that can raise the value of locked crate again. I know some may claim that will only be beneficial for plat users but non-plat players can still make a profit by re-selling the crates. It has been such a long time since the last locked crates related event, I am sincerely hoping STS will consider lock crates savers feeling as well in the coming future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Thank you for Listening! Please take into Consideration, that people right now invested Plat into the Competition only to learn that with current tolerated abuse they basically burned money.
    So you re damned if you do change things and you re damned if you don t.
    I am really very happy with the new Client changes, all i am asking for this event is, give all people a reward who achieved some treshold of lb points so the effort is not wasted. And please make sure, that we don t have to watch the lb players win by abusing the system and outplatting each other in the next event .i am sure a healthy mix of skill and luck based taskes will be prefered by plat and non plat users as well, as the current abuse and brute plat approach to get limited items only alienates the player base.
    i really appreciate how stg communicates with it s players!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

My only problem with the event is the fact that the best prizes are only available to the top 3 on the leaderboard which will require a ton of plat to even come close. Other events had event chests which held the best gear or pets so anyone doing the daily had a shot of getting it. Also all players that finished the daily for a set number of days got a title and banner. It kept everyone playing all the time.

Now once you've gotten to gold tier there isn't much incentive to keep doing the event. The best gear is only gonna go to the top plat spenders who have a ton of free time so most people won't even bother spending plat to continue farming.

Previous events like tarlok and Halloween were available to all players even dirt poor ones. This one is made for heavy plat spenders and is ranked as the worst event released yet imo because it is not. The event itself isn't bad but the way the rewards are given out is terrible. As a game that prided itself with not being a pay to win event this event has changed that image completely.

I'm hoping the real event goes back to event chests holding the rewards instead of a leaderboard. Before this event I didn't think it was possible for me for me to stop playing this game but this formula follows alot of games I've dropped in the past.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Wutzgood For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    Thank you for Listening! Please take into Consideration, that people right now invested Plat into the Competition only to learn that with current tolerated abuse they basically burned money.
    So you re damned if you do change things and you re damned if you don t.
    I am really very happy with the new Client changes, all i am asking for this event is, give all people a reward who achieved some treshold of lb points so the effort is not wasted. And please make sure, that we don t have to watch the lb players win by abusing the system and outplatting each other in the next event .i am sure a healthy mix of skill and luck based taskes will be prefered by plat and non plat users as well, as the current abuse and brute plat approach to get limited items only alienates the player base.
    i really appreciate how stg communicates with it s players!
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  75.2 KB

Out of thanks
    Avy
    12-2012

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

The winners of this contest I really doubt they're gonna be on our Xmas card list.

I say make nightshade egg and the other prizes available for purchase to appease the community kinda. If the winners complain then tell them - YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE BLOODY CHEATED THEN!!!!!! YA BLEEDIN' CHEATERS!!!!!

/sits down and takes his medication

That's enough from me, I'm starting to sound like a broken record, I think I been more than vocal on numerous occasions

BTW I'm still holding onto my scythe just in case the torch and pitch-fork mob arises, imma join them!
    Last edited by Waheedski; 06-05-2014 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Breathes into a paper bag

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Exclusive pet to top3? Lets see the richest people on this game,buy energy with plat to win event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Already made a feedback somewhere else thread but will add another.

This is noticeable that players are playing round the clock to gain points as much as possible.

Do you think this can be done solely by one person? Make it half P1 and P2, 12 hours of just playing is there good with that? Can we say they dont share account here?

Should have been considered this scenario.

On the other hand I believe this is a battle between plat and non-plat user, I have plans on purchasing plats - I will become a plat user hell yeah so elite.
    It doesnt stop there, for example I bought the best value to spend plats (will open lockeds, buy/resell elixirs, use for event, rename, upragde inventory/auctions)
    BUT this will not help to be even on top 500 BECAUSE I believe limitless platinum = top grossing (you know my point here dont want to expaund)

Youre going to loose NON-plat user and occassionally plat user - I HOPE THIS BOTHERS

AL - YOU NEED
    TO ROCK _\m/
    WITH HEART <3

Aye?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

You Should Continue The Contest On Forums And Give Away 2 Or 3 More Wolves And Alot More Banners
    Click the link to get to my new Signature Shop!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Carapace:

Just something to think about here: there was a contest to see who could cap the fastest, and I believe an arcane item was given out to the winner. Nobody complained about that, even though everyone knew it would take lots of plat to win that contest. The reason there were few complaints was that the arcane item given out was also available in other ways to the rest of the player base. Yes, you have to be super lucky or rich to get an arcane item, but at least it is possible.

The problem here is this pet is limited to 3, and nobody else can ever get one. A better idea would have been to make this pet an arcane pet (not legendary) and have it come in locked crates as well. Or even maybe have it be a super rare drop from the event bosses. Even if only a few dozen people looted them during the week-long event, I think that would go a long way to making many players a bit more pleased with the situation.

I'm not saying this is an entire fix, but it would be helpful.

Also, why not give it out to all of the top 25 instead of only the top 3?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I haven't seen any feedback that's not negative about this event. If it is in there, it's good and buried in the irate. I hope there isn't selective hearing going on in regards to what such a massive majority is calling to be changed. STS has always stood above the rest for being a team that listens.

The fact the pre-event feedback on the energy system was ignored is discouraging. The comments from the devs hinting that because a half dozen players might be content, the setup isn't a disaster, makes us lose even more faith in what has always been a team that is responsive and respects the voice of the community. The overwhelming unanimous response from the players shouldn't be disregarded.

Please, devs, for the sake of the whole enterprise, let this plat obsession go. It won't help anything in the end.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

I won't lie, I was expecting at some point the leader board would be separated by class. Even if you don't want to hand out 3 shards, you can at least give some token of "hey look at this guy's accomplishment" to the top mage and top warrior. Many players are in full support of a class separated leader board for this very reason, equal opportunity.

It is the end of day 2 of a 6 day event. I still think that there is time for this small change that many players have been lobbying for.

The event, no matter what people say, is much better than the tarlok system from a nonplat buyer's position. I am able to run nonstop by spending gold. Other players buy kits with plat and thus I create a demand for a disposable platinum product. The result is that I can run without plat and STG still turns a profit. Genius. I fully support a kit type system for the next event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I wish.. the banner should be given to those who finished the Goblin Quests just like "Halloween Event" and "Winter Event" not just the Top Players :/ everyone deserves it :/ and.. I just accidentally tap the "Buy 10 plats" just for the Cleansing Stone -.-" I just wasted 10 plats for that stone >_< "accidentally". they should put "Are you sure you're going to buy Cleansing Stone" waaaa T-T
    PERSEVERANCE and HARDWORK Propels SUCCESS