Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Goblin Event Update | Changes and What to Expect in the coming Ursoth's Assault Event

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Default Goblin Event Update | Changes and What to Expect in the coming Ursoth's Assault Event

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	update.jpg 
Views:	10552 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	91317

Have I mentioned lately that our community is the best? Since the launch of the Goblin Event yesterday afternoon, we've received pages and pages of feedback from you all as you play through and explore what the new event system has to offer. Some of it's good, some of it's bad, but all around this small-scale event has done exactly what we hoped it would: test out this new system and expose things that we need to change, fix, or tweak before the big Ursoth's Assault Event that is coming in the near future.

The design and development team met this morning to discuss some of your most pressing concerns. Here are the changes that you can expect to see in this event, and more importantly, in the next event: Ursoth's Assault.

Portal to Dungeon Added to Littleridge Refugee Camp

Players were exploiting portals by "holding them open" and entering to run event dungeons again and again. We love that you want to play more and more of the event, but this is not how the portals were meant to be used. We've added a portal to the Littleridge Refugee Camp that stays open 24/7 and costs one energy to enter. While portals will still spawn off of mobs in the world, you can use this new portal to spend your energy quickly and easily. If that's your thing. No need to hold them open anymore.

Tier Rewards to be Improved in Ursoth's Assault

The goblin event is in full swing, so we will not be changing the rewards this time around. But, during Ursoth's Assault we will be giving much greater and more desirable rewards for reaching each tier. Also, there will be more variety and depth to what is available on the Token Vendor. The main suite of rewards should be available via tier rewards and tokens, rather than reserving the most exclusive prizes for the top players on the Leaderboard.

More Interesting Bosses, Not so Hard!

The bosses in the Goblin Event are pretty tough, and arguably could be a bit more fun. We will be striving to make the Ursoth's Assault bosses more interesting, with more strategic elements. The aim is for a fun challenge instead of just a grind.

A Note on the Energy System & Other Feedback

One of the other pieces of feedback we are looking at is the time that it takes to replenish energy. We will continue to monitor how this plays out with the Goblin Event and assess what kind of changes should be made for Ursoth's Assault.

We continue to collect your feedback and suggestions and will refine, refine, refine in preparation for Ursoth's Assault. Thank you everyone for being a part of this event and helping us to make it bigger and better.
    Last edited by Remiem; 06-05-2014 at 04:12 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

First

"I have spread my dreams under your feet, tread softly because you tread on my dreams." - William Butler Yeats
    < Alte Garde Guild Thread >

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonnymaynard For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Question

thanks Remi we still want to know what's going to happen with the locked as well and mythic weapons. This is very important to many who have been playing AL for long time.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

6. The Following User Says Thank You to notfaded1 For This Useful Post:

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    thanks Remi we still want to know what's going to happen with the locked as well and mythic weapons. This is very important to many who have been playing AL for long time.
    In regards to the locked crates and Mythics, they will be in the next event. During Urosth's Assault there will be two Crates. During the event special versions of the Grand Watch crate will drop, containing the current Mythics as well as the new weapons. In addition to this event Crate there will also be an Exceptional version of the crate. This one is special in that it will contain double odds on the Mythics, as well as remove the Mythic Armor/Helms from the loot table to ensure more Mythic Weapons overall. Without going into too much detail there will be other ways to get the Exceptional Crates! More info on that when the time is appropriate.

These Crates will drop only during the event, and will no longer drop once Ursoth's Assault has ended. Any Crates that did drop, however that have not been opened will remain until they all have been opened.

This is the current plan, and subject to change but chances are unlikely. I do have to state that it may change because a lot of things are being re-thought for the Ursoth Assault Event given all of the information and feedback we are gathering during the Goblin Event. With Urosth's Assault planned to last quite a bit longer than the Goblin Event, we have a lot of refining to do to make sure it is fun and exciting for everyone. Don't worry, we're up to the challenge
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    In regards to the locked crates and Mythics, they will be in the next event. During Urosth's Assault there will be two Crates. During the event special versions of the Grand Watch crate will drop, containing the current Mythics as well as the new weapons. In addition to this event Crate there will also be an Exceptional version of the crate. This one is special in that it will contain double odds on the Mythics, as well as remove the Mythic Armor/Helms from the loot table to ensure more Mythic Weapons overall. Without going into too much detail there will be other ways to get the Exceptional Crates! More info on that when the time is appropriate.

These Crates will drop only during the event, and will no longer drop once Ursoth's Assault has ended. Any Crates that did drop, however that have not been opened will remain until they all have been opened.

This is the current plan, and subject to change but chances are unlikely. I do have to state that it may change because a lot of things are being re-thought for the Ursoth Assault Event given all of the information and feedback we are gathering during the Goblin Event. With Urosth's Assault planned to last quite a bit longer than the Goblin Event, we have a lot of refining to do to make sure it is fun and exciting for everyone. Don't worry, we're up to the challenge
    Carapace, thanks for the heads up. So you're basically saying that the current locked crates that are on the market now will only contain everything NOT related to the Ursoth's Event? Including the new pinks?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Carapace, thanks for the heads up. So you're basically saying that the current locked crates that are on the market now will only contain everything NOT related to the Ursoth's Event? Including the new pinks?

My question as well... I've been hoarding lockeds for when the new mythics release I hope that they aren't useless.

Also with these event crates is there still a chance for arcane items or just mythic/legendary?
    Last edited by Raregem; 06-05-2014 at 06:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    My question as well... I've been hoarding lockeds for when the new mythics release I hope that they aren't useless.
    I have guildies who hoarded over 500 just for opening for this event at a chance for mythics. This is crazyyyy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think something has to be done to make regular locked crates interesting again. A year ago when you opened a locked crate, the mythic items you could get were all worth 3m-12m gold each. Then on top of those mythic items, we had the "double odds" mythic weapons weekend where you had better chances at looting mythic weapons. And of course you had a small chance at looting one of the few arcane items.

But now there is nothing mythic that is worth even 2m that drops from a locked crate. It's still those exact same mythics from a year ago with nothing new. So most of us are just holding the crates waiting for something better and not opening them. I haven't opened crates in a year, and I was actually planning to open a bunch once the mythic loot is improved. I realize there is a chance to get a very valuable arcane item, but the chances are too low unless you open a thousand crates. So I'm more concerned with mythic items, and right now I don't see anything worthwhile that can be looted, so I'm in a holding pattern.

My suggestion is adding the mythic weapons to the loot table of the regular locked crates, and then have the event "special" locked crates be the ones with double odds. Or if you want to be really interesting, you could call those event special crates "Ursoth's Locked Mythic Crates" where they guarantee a mythic weapon or Arcane item every time and cost 1000 plat to open. Then make them rare items that rarely drop from the event bosses, and possibly Elite Tindirin bosses. Make this special crate a mythic rarity item that can be rerolled from a legendary item, and you will get people farming with luck elixirs all event long hoping to loot one of these special crates. And if they do not have the 1000 plat to open one, they can sell it for many millions.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Things may change guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Archerios View Post
    Things may change guys.
    Yeah like the energy system they said they wouldn't do. I can't wait!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

In addition to this event Crate there will also be an Exceptional version of the crate. This one is special in that it will contain double odds on the Mythics, as well as remove the Mythic Armor/Helms from the loot table to ensure more Mythic Weapons overall. Without going into too much detail there will be other ways to get the Exceptional Crates! More info on that when the time is appropriate.
    so there is ..... current lock crate, event lock crate and double odds event lock crate ??

any chance that you can craft and combine locks into an event crate or even double odds crate ?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

What about elite golden dragonscale chests? I personally am a non - plat user and am too lazy to farm 25million gold to buy a mythic weapon so I've been hoarding and farming elite golden dragonscale chest for a month now. Will mythic weapons drop from them as they always have or have I just wasted a month of farming?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Meh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No more energy
    The people dont want to spend gold in buy energy
    I think that this is (The rich event)
    G

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ccristiano For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

3rd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Are the tokens the same for Goblin and Ursoth?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Search for free portals was a fun during tarlok event, can we have something similar? These portals now quite common..

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Search for free portals was a fun during tarlok event, can we have something similar? These portals now quite common..
    I agree this would be a good strategy for STS, but make these "free" portals somewhat rare, and make them only spawn after beating the boss. Maybe have the chance be much greater after beating an elite tindirin boss. But also make sure the portals disappear after a minute so that players cannot hold them open.

This way players who do not have much plat can still keep busy farming and looking for the free portals, while players who have plat can buy entry to the energy portal.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I agree this would be a good strategy for STS, but make these "free" portals somewhat rare, and make them only spawn after beating the boss. Maybe have the chance be much greater after beating an elite tindirin boss. But also make sure the portals disappear after a minute so that players cannot hold them open.

This way players who do not have much plat can still keep busy farming and looking for the free portals, while players who have plat can buy entry to the energy portal.
    Gonna agree with Haligali and Energizeric, I think that this should be similar to the Tarlok event, with tweaks like what Energizeric suggested. In the Tarlok event, I believe it was a VERY low chance to find portals as low as Ydra Forest, and a somewhat higher chance to find them in higher leveled maps, such as Shuyal. Completing the map, (killing the boss) should be the only way to find it, and like Energizeric suggested, have the Elite Tindirin bosses have a much greater chance to spawn a portal. It would give everyone a chance to farm Ursoth's event while actually playing, and then have the one Portal in the Ursoth town for a certain amount of plat to enter. I feel like I'm just lengthening what Energizeric said so this is my time to shut up :d

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't see why we have to wait for Ursoth Assault to see and experience improvement in the goblin event. The main complaint in the feedback thread is how the energy system makes it impossible for non-plat spenders and rich players to enjoy and profit from the event. The update doesn't address that at all. Furthermore, placing a portal in the refugee camp only further encourages lazy people who don't even want to kill a few mobs to open portal.