Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Event System Refinements

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Energy needs to be lootable from normal maps!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Energy needs to be lootable from normal maps!
    Yeah. I don't normally play this game, but I really like this goblin event.

One of the things I've noticed is that it takes 24 hours to fill up your energy bar. Now, I think this should be increased as 3 energy will be worn down over the space of an hour or so and then we have to wait a whole day to play again.

I would like to see easier ways of earning energy, such as by drops or buying it with in game gold.

I'm not often a fan of energy based events, but I will be playing this one to get the iron pet egg. I have 28 tokens. I might leave the vanity set for now. I need 65 for the pet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Take energy out of game, just keep it simple.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iliketolol For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey everyone,

We may not have said it enough up front, but the Goblin Event was intended as a test of the Event System. We wanted to be able to shake out any issues before the big Ursoth's Assault event went out. To that end, it has worked great. We have a great list of feedback and refinements to consider. We are working hard to make the events and the game as fun and interesting as they can be.

On the subject of energy, we know from Halloween and Tarlok's winter wrath event that without some mechanism to regulate the influx of items, they will be farmed to worthlessness. Item rarity is an important part of value. If everyone had Arcane and Mythic items, they wouldn't have any special value. So too with event items. We are working hard to find the right balance for the game and appreciate your continued feedback.

As to when the Ursoth's Assault event will go live, given the list of things we want to look at, it will not be next week. Adjustments take time to implement and test and we want to set your expectations on timing.

I hope you are having a great weekend! We will keep you up to date next week with how things are proceeding.
    Remove energy completely, follow tarlok event system, everyone was happy and the items were rare enough that they still hold exceptional value which would have been higher if sts did not release this with a portal exploit. it was the glitch that ruined items value, nothing else

And as far as mythics and arcane being rare enough to hold some "special value" only arcanes rarity should be so rare that they are priced above 20m. Not mythics.

Mythics should be the attainable goal for average players, and in my opinion never exceed roughly 10 million in value, if they do then they become arcane rarity and no longer mythic!!!!!

In the case that mythics become priced 20m+ in my opinion more need 2 be introduced 2 the market. Because 20m+ for 1 weapon is not a realistic goal for your average player given the amount of income that can be made in game.

Lets face it noone strives to have the best legendary gear, they strive for mythics. do not let them be out of reach for most players, that is what arcanes are for.
    Last edited by aarrgggggg; 06-07-2014 at 05:39 PM.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aarrgggggg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Main Thing is: Take out the energy system, just keep it normal

"Earth provides enough to satisfy a man's need, but not every mans greed"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sfubi View Post
    As stated many times, goblin event is only a preliminary test for the upcoming event.

Personally, I am pleased they chose this route instead of going live with Ursoth's Assault event with the Goblin event system.

If you were not around for the previous Ursoth like events you may not appreciate the goblin test event as much as I do. You might consider reading the threads on these events to appreciate my current point of view. Also, the following is from my point oif view which is handicapped by lack of skill in the "detailed long term memory" department.

Nord Expansion event - portal in town led to all nord bosses, was great fun. First entry free via quest, every entry past the quest was 5 (?) plat. Fix, everyone received one free entry per day. This was a better than nothing fix as it allowed non plat users access to all bosses once a day. However, platters (plat purchase gamers) had already farmed the place and the goldies (non plat purchase gamers) were limited farmers recieving less loot.

Leprechaun event. Luck pendant, woot! The leprechaun was a pain in the butt when he popped up in shuyal maps. If you didnt kill him fast enough he would take off running, always in the direction of weeds and sorcerers. Soloing; improved my rogue skills staying alive when he got away, improved my crowd control abilities with my sorc (when he got away), and annoying when he got away from my warrior. Since he also showed up in lowest maps, farmed to death, top items were at auction for 200g.

Halloween event - similar to leprechaun, farmed to death, no real g traded hands, top items were worth nothing. Unfortunately there was an issue where eggs/locked were dropping like a smelly helm. Granite egg went from 30k g+ to 3k g and less, locked dropped from 40k/50k to 3k and less. Neither of theses items ever retuurned to their normal value. Best vanities ever though (besides rogue kracken pirate,)!

Tarlok event, introduction of the traveling portal. No plat entry, all gamers held portals, farmed the map night and day, flooded the market, dec 2013 and the loot still isnt worth as much g as it should be. Great pets came out of this event and it was a lot of fun. The pets were way under sold and the vanities are still undervalued at auction.

From my experience with previous al events as well as many other similar games, this event is a wash. Not much fun with little benefit to the general population.

Double chance mythic locked crate weekend(s) - locked went up in price during the event, hovered around 25k until event ended. Top gear (non mythic) from locked is still less than actual value. I made little gold during the locked events but I did get enough mythic items from locked to outfit my rogue, warrior, and sorc.

I am very much looking forward to meeting Ursoth and I have my fingers crossed that i will have fun and earn gold.
    You make a very valid point....the reason the halloween and winter items did not hold as much value as they should have was not because of how the event was set up......
    it was because they released these events with exploits that people took advantage of.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Items farmed to worthlessness, since when is that a worry for devs? Isnt an event (and its loot) open to all? Perhaps a hard to get drop like locked rarity (or worse), not as often as the portal drops.

If ppl farm it and undercut all prices its the players fault to farm that many n undercut prices.
    Current situation is worse in my opinion, where many players will be left out on drops n runs making the event worthless to run.

Mythics n arcane class have always been super rare. If u add chests which have double chance on mythics, perhaps u should leave that 1 out.
    Drops should be rare. Making the chance higher and at same time preventing it from happening a lot seems like ...uhm...chasing your own tail. Good luck with that lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    On the subject of energy, we know from Halloween and Tarlok's winter wrath event that without some mechanism to regulate the influx of items, they will be farmed to worthlessness. Item rarity is an important part of value. If everyone had Arcane and Mythic items, they wouldn't have any special value. So too with event items. We are working hard to find the right balance for the game and appreciate your continued feedback.
    Ummm... sure... I guess we can pretend this system was implemented purely for balancing purposes. I guess we can pretend that, before the event went live, no one was telling you this energy bull would cater only to the top 2% of players and that the rest of us would hate it. I guess we can pretend that the implementation of the top 3 leaderboard prize was just to provoke a little friendly competition.

But even if we were to play pretend, Energy still isn't the right solution to over-farming. Item reduction IS.

Halloween was over-farmed because everything was easy to get. I mean, really, that pumpkin boss would appear multiple times per Brack run. It was even worse with the leprechaun event.

Tarlok was over-farmed because there was a game-breaking portal glitch that ran almost for a full 3 days. The system applied after you fixed it was perfect, but the portals could and should have been far less frequent.

The real solution to overfarming is to make the event items rare. Not locked crate rare. Not L41 BIS pinks rare. Really REALLY rare. Make them Archon rare. Make them 'HOLY CRAP I FINALLY GOT ONE' rare.

Get rid of this ridiculous energy system. Find a better, fairer way to make your money. I've listed several suggestions on how to do so in other threads, and I have countless more.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jenvy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

To say things as they are the problem of price of tarlok items was only about:
    1 glich portal
    2 legendary items that weren't actually legendary but "rare", wintermancer dropped from every chest
    3 wintermancer frozen and tarlok, so too many kinds of item, obviously everyone target is the best of the 3 so other items will have many sellers and not buyers= price very low
    4 too many kinds of not best item, tarlok got 4 of 5 kinds (assault potency ecc. ecc.) so the best cost a lot and others.... see point 3

Don't try please to take the attention on other things beause it's evident that goblin event is only to gain money from plat purchase.
    This said, as you want to keep an energy system and regulate items rarity my advices are:
    a) make portals spawn only from bosses in maps where you or your pets can still gain xp
    b) make legendary items legendary as locked or items in elites are or more
    c) put in chests energy rare as an orion egg is in lockeds
    d) increase the energy/day from 3 to 6-7 at least
    e) less useless event items (no rogue want a tarlok that gives str and int if it's not maybe good looking XD )
    Otherwise make energy = kits and kits like oter kits so 30 min of chance to find a portal and portal rare as locked, this will be also a gold sink.

Advice for future items don't make procs always only on weapons, split procs into weapon armor and helm (armor and helm proc could be rarely activated when you take damage)
    This will create more diversity, more good builds, more stategy and fun; there will be more demand so price will increase (as we can already see about weapons for example rogues got goblin blighters, magmatic blades and dragonbone daggers or expedition bow to choose between and all got good procs or damage-dps and got not low prices but bow that is in lockeds so it's number depends on how many lockeds are opened)

I really hope to hear what devs think about my advices.
    Thanks for the attention!
    Last edited by firechandra; 06-08-2014 at 01:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Question Great

Good way to work out the kinks. I'm guessing that the tokens we earn now will not carry over into the new event. I wish there was some way to buy an arcane item or pet for like 1000 or more plat or something lol. I really hope to be able to work hard to be able to get Shady & Surge with out an outrageous contest lol. Still looking for a way to earn my first arcane pet. But I'm very pleased with the way STS works with its player and the services they provide. SO THANK YOU STS FOR BRINGING ARCANE LEGENDS INTO OUR LIVES.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

My suggestion if STS still wanna keep this energy system,
    add more energy slot maybe 5 atleast and each energy kit restore all energy slot..

1 kit for 1 energy and end up with rare rarity item is ridiculous..

So for next event as we know, still not guaranteed mythic or legendary always drop, so the value still can be high. People happy to play, satisfied with every gold or plat we spend for energy, sts make good profit.

Please considered my suggestion, thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

i started playing this game from past 1 year.. i have enjoyed the game so far.until luck kits were released.. This made locked even more easier to loot then ever i am not saying its a bad idea but as u say rarity is lost so obviously prices go low.so now arcane and mythics are more in reach to people who buy plats then regular people.this again leads to loss of uniqueness ..

the energy system keeps me away for 8 long hours every time.i eventually will get bored and stop playing coz u are forced to play every 8 hours "y not play someother game that has more freedom" .. a general point of view for people who can t afford or buy plats and spend gold to know that u got rare or epic items thats not worth .. your 11k or 15k..what ever u do prices will go low as long as its available .. being a merchant i know how the prices fluctuate..There is nothing that can be done to stop unique items not so unique..coz there are many players who spend plat eventually and when they see something new they sell the old stuff say mythics for cheap..so prices go lower than u'd expect.. even with ur point system and rarity of availability of grym loot i see gyrm and ironbite prices going low day to day ..

off topic yet related : lepre pendant used to fun when it re-rolls it used to be something unique now most of the time i loot rare and epic items that are not really worth and also elite and normal maps makes no difference to me..most of the time i get epic and rare items and chests that are not worth.. sometimes even with luck elixir i get nothing i used to get disappointed when i used to buy them for plats .. please fine tune the lepre pendent to loot unique items that used to be when it was introduced..there is no fun in false alarms sometimes i miss eggs like nexus taking it for a rare item loot.... it will be interesting for players to know that they have a good loot.

I d say please portals is fun but its irritating when i am out of energy and i try to kill a boss for example kraken mines 3.. i press space bar and i get the menu instead of killing the boss and i get stunned and instant death many players dislike this.. .. this applies to other bosses too like Inan let them not spring on bosses arena or anywhere near the boss..
    last point : i used to have ping problems only when i enter portal and not after that..i play regular maps no problem.. energy lost is lost it makes me feel sad that i have to waste 8 more hours to be able to play the game. my suggestion please make sure u have some sort of system that can detect if player had been disconnected and get back to the position where he was ..if its within a min ..not more than that
    Last edited by radiking; 06-08-2014 at 04:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I have had 4 instances of high ping and dc during the event so far ... it's miserable.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Erm Breezaga eggs were rare.....we still don't believe in the real intentions of this "test" rather it just looks like a move to make more money out of your players trust justifying everything as a "test".

Never seen a test with such a negative impact on the subject it's tested on. Usually tests are limited by time, to a certain category or with a minor influence in order not to have too much impact.

There are many other better ways to manage loot drops and drop rates even during the course of a event without reducing the game to a joke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

just wanted to say that in this event,
    the Rich (the people ingame that already have millions in gold and a lot of platinum) gets richer and the poor people (people with not as much wealth) will stay poor or get poorer. (The energy system kind of leans in favor of the rich players because they have the wealth to buy these energy kits, while those who are not as rich can buy them, only to get poorer). Eventually the lower class in the society is alienated = unhappy people/players.

So what I'm trying to say is that if you have an event/competition, try to make it fair so Everyone (rich or poor) has a fair chance at winning; rather than giving one group an advantage and putting the other group at a disadvantage.

a possible solution:
    Limit the amount of plays per day (i.e. say 5 a day) and after those 5, even if you do have energy kits, you can't play the event until the next day. (The current Event energy bar holds 3 energy things, meaning you can open 2 kits a day to play a total of 5 times every 24 hours).
    Results/Benefits:
    1. STS earns money from purchase of energy kits
    2. Players get to play up to 5 times a day, meaning that some players will not feel that the event is unfair because those players with money will have a higher chance at winning. (In other words, everyone has a fair chance at winning)
    3. Players will be able to play the game in a healthier way.

If something i wrote above doesn't make sense, sorry..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I don't like the energy system for events. Can you imagine if pots could only be purchased with plat and resalable from cs? Energy is quite expensive to loot some useless greens, blues or even locked crates. And the faster you can run maps, the more expensive it is. In elite the faster you can run a map the less expensive it is because you use less pots. But here the cost increases the faster you can go over the same period of time. This basically makes me want to quit AL. Before it was either you spent your money or spent your time. Now you have to spend money and time. Someone ends up paying for these energy kits so I don't see it as a way to balance just another revenue stream. Forget about farming, forget about opening locked just buy plat and sell kits for these events. These kits sell as high for 17k each so the plat to gold conversion ratio is very high. And now think of how the cost could be for Ursoth's Assault when many more people will be playing and buying these kits from CS. Demand drives up the prices on these energy kits because plat spenders hold them back to sell when the prices are high. Sorry but in my eyes this system is entirely flawed and there is no upside for most players.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Can you imagine if pots could only be purchased with plat and resalable from cs?
    Dont write such things here..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Maybe it would be best to just offer another Stone, like the poison-resistant one, that doubles your energy regeneration and capacity for the duration of the event, and nothing more than that.
    At ~20-50 plat and tradable, I can guarantee everyone would get one, at least for main toons, while poor players would only have half the chance of super-rich players, so they would not be disgusted this much.

A small suggestion: please make energy capacity 4 balls instead of 3 so that it's possible to play once a day and still keep the energy on cooldown at all times.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Milan Lame Man For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

If you all are worried about sts making money don't buy plat. if you all don't like the energy ball system or the goblin event, play as though it isn't there.

I don't understand all the hate building off this one event from players. The power is in your hands, don't like it, don't play.

I would love to see more helpful information and less complaints. STS knows the majority hates the energy ball system, stop beating a dead horse and move on pretty please with sugar on top!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

thanks goodluck