Thread: Suggestion: Remove 20% Armor Debuff from Scorn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Default Suggestion: Remove 20% Armor Debuff from Scorn

Hey all,

With the new Shadowlurk improvements, I don't see why Scorn here has a 20% debuff for armor. Shadowlurk grants a player 20% damage and 20% crit, while Scorn here gives 20% damage and reduces armor by 20%. There's no point for it, and now the pet is mainly used for trolling, or new players that don't realize that it will actually HURT your team.

Thanks.

Judgejudyy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I always thought scorn should be changed to 25% damage and -15% armor. Highest damage %, with a 15% armor loss...

Keep in mind the armor loss will begin to hit much harder in later seasons. This pet may not have a future if its kept this way....

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

My suggestion is change the 20% armor into 20% crit, this will make players more balanced in damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Or, we stop using scorn to kill me when I'm in Oltgar PUGs. There are plenty of good pets that don't commit mass murders on the party.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Make scorn's AA only affect the caster and not the whole party. Problem solved!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Make scorn's AA only affect the caster and not the whole party. Problem solved!
    Lol, incoming popular scorn nicknames: "Achmed," "Kamikaze," "Suicide," "Selfpain," and "cyanidepill"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Why are we comparing Scorn with Shadowlurk? The difficulty of obtaining them differs. Scorn is a very accessible pet found in locked crates and in the CS store it is sold at prices which are much lower than that of Shadowlurk. On the other hand, Shadowlurk is a platinum pet. And also it can be farmed in the very hard Elite caves of Tarewa. Hence, their abilities differ according to their rarity. Removing the 20% armor debuff will make Scorn too OP and I dont see a reason why a 55-65k crate pet should be same as an Elite-loot or platinum pet which costs over 300k in auction.

Whoever complains that they die in a party which uses Scorn, the very obvious solution is to find another party and ask them not to use it. I think Scorn is fine as it is.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 06-08-2014 at 02:00 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zynzyn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    Why are we comparing Scorn with Shadowlurk? The difficulty of obtaining them differs. Scorn is a very accessible pet found in locked crates and in the CS store it is sold at prices which are much lower than that of Shadowlurk. On the other hand, Shadowlurk is a platinum pet. And also it can be farmed in the very hard Elite caves of Tarewa. Hence, their abilities differ according to their rarity. Removing the 20% armor debuff will make Scorn too OP and I dont see a reason why a 55-65k crate pet should be same as an Elite-loot or platinum pet which costs over 300k in auction.

Whoever complains that they die in a party which uses Scorn, the very obvious solution is to find another party and ask them not to use it. I think Scorn is fine as it is.
    Shouldn't all cheap pets be the strongest in game? We should probably buff Deary since he is already has the same arcane ability as Singe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

If they remove the armor reduction on scorn, then shadowlurk still way better cuz he gives crit too.

There is no point of reducing armor, and the damage buff does not apply in many cases, however the armor reduction does always. This pet is for noobs and spot blockers.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Default Suggestion: Remove 20% Armor Debuff from Scorn

Fine as it is? I understand that the price of shadowlurk is higher, but that's not really the issue here.

I wasn't really comparing them per say. The point is, STS gave scorn a large damage buff (20%). They probably thought that the huge damage was too OP without another tweak, so they decided to make it reduce armor by 20%. Then in a recent patch, Shadowlurk was changed so that its AA gives 20% damage AND 20% crit. If Shadowlurk had been like this from the start, I doubt they would have made scorn like it is.

And also, being the only equip in the game that can reduce stats, it is easily used to troll. I would rather play with someone that used Barney than Scorn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by UndeadJudge; 06-08-2014 at 11:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

remove -20 armor and dont add anything...

i hate when the party uses scorn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    If they remove the armor reduction on scorn, then shadowlurk still way better cuz he gives crit too.

There is no point of reducing armor, and the damage buff does not apply in many cases, however the armor reduction does always. This pet is for noobs and spot blockers.
    Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk