Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Offline

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    678
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    36
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    57
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

    Default Offline

    I'm a mobile user, meaning I play AL on my cell phone. AL crushes my data bill so I was woundering if it's possible to make an offline version of the game. Meaning you would have to have login your account then click "play offline". I understand that you couldn't use auction, and such. Maybe add a system where loots would be tallied up when you sign into online game play, and the loot you would have collected could be added to your invo. I know this probably sounds easier than it is, but I know it'd help me and a lot of my friends out.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Attack Dog For This Useful Post:

    ___

  3. #2
    Member otakudesuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    🌎🌍🌏
    Posts
    123
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    97
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Default

    Sts: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat !"

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    604
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    131
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    77
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

    Default

    The problem is, what you have in your phone is like 10% of the game. The other 90%, mobs movement, loot drops, even the direction of your attacks, everything is decided by the server.
    Making an offline version of AL would be like creating a new game, plus it would add possibility to cheat with a modified client, which is next to impossible right now.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

  5. #4
    Guardian of Alterra JaytB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,492
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    898
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,218
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

    Default

    This topic has been brought up in the past for several of the Legend games. STS made it clear that no offline component would ever be considered due to security reasons.


    And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    678
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    36
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    57
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

    Default

    Oh. :/

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Attack Dog For This Useful Post:

    ___

  9. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    619
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    34
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

    Default

    Offline - onnline at the sametime <<<

    mean game datas will be in your phone, when game datas in your device its easy to hack game... ( change datas )

Similar Threads

  1. Adding guild online/offline counter and sending messages offline
    By psychoscream in forum AL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-11-2013, 04:07 AM
  2. Offline but still in map!
    By LwMark in forum PL Technical Issues and Bugs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-24-2012, 06:22 AM
  3. Appear Offline
    By Baked-Potato in forum PL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 06:29 AM
  4. Offline modus and offline messages
    By Cuteeyes in forum PL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 03:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •