Thread: Has this mythic upgrade to 41 idea been posted already?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Lightbulb Has this mythic upgrade to 41 idea been posted already?

Edit: second version, introducing Dragonice Sticks for even more awesomeness!

Lets imagine there is
    - a Dragonite stick that is made up of 15 dragon teeth
    - a recipe that takes lv36 mythic armor or helmet, 10 Dragonite sticks, and creates lv41 mythic armor or helmet

The Dragonite sticks would become the new currency in addition to Lockeds and Gems, with The Wilds and Elite Wilds becoming the new KM3 that is needed so much. Later in the season, a dedicated tooth-farming dungeon can be introduced.

It should be possible to farm about a stick a week, so it's not as long as a full Dragonite bar would be.
    Since *everyone* would need these 10-20 sticks, the price would stay fairly high forever. If it takes 2+ months to farm enough for yourself, there would likely never be abundance of the sticks in the market, yet the high demand would always be there.

To fine-tune the introduction, an "prerelase" recipe could be introduced that needs 20-50 sticks. After the market stabilizes and some gold flows from rich to poor, the "regular" 10-stick recipe can be added.

+Good:
    ..makes use of the old mythics, making most people very happy
    ..the demand for Lockeds would remain high forever
    ..adds more options for farming besides Jarl/KM3
    ..gives mid-class free players a chance at top quality gear through farming, instead of directing more money from poor to rich
    -Bad
    ..Well geared players can always farm faster than the poor, so it might not really even the playing field, which was my initial goal

The stupidity of this idea is all mine, the thanks belong to Kakashis and Sceazikua.
    Last edited by Milan Lame Man; 06-10-2014 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Introduced Dragonite Sticks
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

i wished there a new mythic armor ring helmet... and write this idea on old topics...

example sell a type item on store for the 5-10 mil, and compose to old rings. At the end lvl31 mythic become lvl41.. its will help gold sink to.. but i realize it this,season will not have a mythic ring ( and its really too late for it to )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

They are not going to uogfrade mythic armors and helms a second time. Any new mythic helms/armor will likely be crate dropped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Upgrading mythics is a game-killer. Isn't it bad enough we have been using the same damn helm since level 26? Mythic players have had no reason to get new gear for over a year now. And people wonder why the game is dying and turning into a dramafest. Upgrading mythics was a total disaster and should never even be considered as a viable option.

It's been 2 1/2 seasons now with the same jewlery - what's the point of playing if we have nothing to obtain except something worth 100 million? Now that it costs money to even do a decent amount of event runs, a lot of people are seriously looking at uninstalling. Let's not increase the problems.
    Last edited by Serancha; 06-09-2014 at 02:26 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Lmao Im 100% for upgrading old myths AND releasing a new mythic set. This would increase the variety of armors we can wear/obtain at endgame and give everyone a choice on what stats they want.

Example for rogue.
    Himingleva's Doublet lvl 55: 39 str, 56 dex, 20 int
    New mythic doublet lvl 55:.20 str, 56 dex, 39 int.

Boom, everybody's happy.
    Last edited by Legallyblonde; 06-09-2014 at 02:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Upgrading mythics is a game-killer. Isn't it bad enough we have been using the same damn helm since level 26? Mythic players have had no reason to get new gear for over a year now. And people wonder why the game is dying and turning into a dramafest. Upgrading mythics was a total disaster and should never even be considered as a viable option.

It's been 2 1/2 seasons now with the same jewlery - what's the point of playing if we have nothing to obtain except something worth 100 million? Now that it costs money to even do a decent amount of event runs, a lot of people are seriously looking at uninstalling. Let's not increase the problems.
    Rich people...I didn't get a myth helm until a week before the Shuyal expansion...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

I love you Mil, but I don't think its been bought up cause its a horrid idea.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zuzeq For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I expected at least new Mythic Jewelry during the Ursoth instead we get weapons. IMO Weapons should have came later in the fall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legallyblonde View Post
    Lmao Im 100% for upgrading old myths AND releasing a new mythic set. This would increase the variety of armors we can wear/obtain at endgame and give everyone a choice on what stats they want.

Example for rogue.
    Himingleva's Doublet lvl 55: 39 str, 56 dex, 20 int
    New mythic doublet lvl 55:.20 str, 56 dex, 39 int.

Boom, everybody's happy.
    Everybody would NOT be happy. We've been through this before. Upgrading mythics was the worst decision sts ever made for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    I expected at least new Mythic Jewelry during the Ursoth instead we get weapons. IMO Weapons should have came later in the fall.
    If this expansion last until fall, I for one probably won't see it.
    Last edited by Rare; 06-09-2014 at 05:55 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

It woud be nice if we even had some decent legendary jewlery to farm for. Never mind mythics. This using level 30 amulets and rings is absolutely ridiculous.

The new Wild Talismens can't be considered actual farmable gear since we have had to spend plat or buy over 300K worth of packs from plat spenders in order to do enough runs to obtain one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

It woud be nice if we even had some decent legendary jewlery to farm for. Never mind mythics. This using level 30 amulets and rings is absolutely ridiculous.

The new Wild Talismens can't be considered actual farmable gear since we have had to spend plat or buy over 300K worth of packs from plat spenders in order to do enough runs to obtain one.
    Talismans are the best amulets for warriors right now but still have less damage than a lvl30 item, proc arguably makes up for that loss but a mythic amulet will have 20-30 more damage than a talisman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Upgrading mythics is a game-killer.
    I was led to believe the problem was that upgrading was too easy, and yes, it only took me 1-3 days to upgrade mine.
    Using a dragonite bar, however, is not such an easy task, if every one player with mythics is going to get one. Forget 1,5m in CS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha:1676330

Yea the warriors got the worst amulet.

With less damage than doom, the heals are weaker and of course you do less damage. The warrior one is only good for warriors that struggle in elite or are frugal on potions.

In pvp, I tested the new amulet a few times. Since my damage is lowered, some rogues were able to run away running nearly the full tdm map to catch up to a teammate or get to the mana pack. This might be decent in pvp in circumstances where the warrior doesnt want to get kills but just defend their teammates. But what warrior doesnt want kills?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Rich people...I didn't get a myth helm until a week before the Shuyal expansion...
    And i didn't get a myth set until 2 weeks before the Dragon Enclave Expansion hahaha. Halo Crowsfoot, we are guildies if you remember me, my ign: Gardhirn... i am not play so often, just 2-3 hours a day ahahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Ok lets be honest here, shall we? Lets imagine if upgrading mythics with dragonite bars was implemented, at lvl 46 we could upgrade it again. At that time there would be new maps and mythics be upgraded again there, who would ever run these old maps so many times to get the dragonite bar? How about new players, how could they catch up? imagine how horrible it is at lvl 51 or 56.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    I'm not rich, I have been playing daily since season 1. It's not too hard to obtain gear when you do that. It took me until a month ago to get Samael, but with patience anything can be done. I have a lot of guildmates who have never bought plat, yet they have full mythics and many have arcane pets also. Rich is a relative term - these days mythic wearers are average elite players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sceazikua View Post
    who would ever run these old maps so many times to get the dragonite bar?
    I am not really sure what the objection was, but anyway it inspired me to improve the original post.
    - introduced Dragonite sticks
    - doubled the Good section
    - halved the Bad section
    - tried to improve clarity

If you give it a chance, I think the idea is not as bad as it looks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

What I mean is, for example at lvl 51 if they keep letting us upgrade this through many seasons with special items eclusively from each season like this idea and still be the best items, there will be 5 more maps at lvl 46, and 5 more at lvl 51. Then running these 5 maps which has been introduced since lvl 41 will become a chore because theres nothing much to expect. Then how can a new player who just bought the mythic set catch up? only people who play through all seasons will have the lvl 51 mythic, and it takes a newer player that starts playing at lvl 51 season forever to obtain the set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sceazikua View Post
    it takes a newer player that starts playing at lvl 51 season forever to obtain the set.
    You can always run with lv51 legendaries, and the maps should only be so hard to make that an enjoyable possibility.

As there are many old, and lets face it, not-so-many new, players, the dragonite sticks and what-comes-next will become somewhat cheaper over time, as the supply will eventually meet the demand.

Also a 5-stick or even 2-stick recipe can be added at 46 or 51 cap if this becomes a problem.