Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What You Need to Know for the End of the Goblin Event!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I'm an arcane mage, and I tried everything, but no matter what I couldn't get Payne down past 50% health. He just kept regenerating faster than I could damage him, and then at some point he would always one hit me. I did my best to spam health pots, and used a ton of them, but kept dying anyway.

Maybe my build is wrong for this as I only have 2 offensive skills along with shield and heal. Maybe I needed 3 offensive skills, or maybe even curse would have worked well here. IDK.
    I have arcane nothing on my sorcerer. In fact, just an expedition rifle. The key was to move around to keep him out of the green puddles. Before the throws a puddle move to the outside so the puddles drop there. Then and attack. Before he throws another glob move to the other side. Having puddles in the middle made it very difficult as they healed him very quickly.

As for skills, at bosses I use 3 attack skills (fireball, lighting, ice) and shield.
    Last edited by Rare; 06-10-2014 at 01:58 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I'm an arcane mage, and I tried everything, but no matter what I couldn't get Payne down past 50% health. He just kept regenerating faster than I could damage him, and then at some point he would always one hit me. I did my best to spam health pots, and used a ton of them, but kept dying anyway.

Maybe my build is wrong for this as I only have 2 offensive skills along with shield and heal. Maybe I needed 3 offensive skills, or maybe even curse would have worked well here. IDK.
    nub.

you def need 3 attack skills.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post
    I have arcane nothing on my sorcerer. In fact, just an expedition rifle. The key was to move around to keep him out of the green puddles. Before the throws a puddle move to the outside so the puddles drop there. Then and attack. Before he throws another glob move to the other side. Having puddles in the middle made it very difficult as they healed him very quickly.
    Am not even mythic, yet i owned him everytime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Tarlok didnt' have weapons, so maybe this next even should have the best twink weapons.
    Imagine the rage of dark watch sword owners.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Imagine the rage of dark watch sword owners.
    Well, the other alternative is to make the event for end game only. There is no point in making it a twink event if the twink gear is no good. Either the event will be interesting for twinks, or it won't be LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Glad crappiest event in AL history is over, pissed that energy is staying. Guess it's bye bye AL. I'm not rich enough to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iliketolol View Post
    Am not even mythic, yet i owned him everytime.
    I guess I just didn't have the right build. I'm in PvP build, and unfortunately that doesn't always work too well for soloing bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    652 Posts

Should get rid of the energy system. There's no way that keeping this in the game can end well.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Well, the other alternative is to make the event for end game only. There is no point in making it a twink event if the twink gear is no good. Either the event will be interesting for twinks, or it won't be LOL
    I think weapons are ok, but not better than the current best. Staff for mages, hammer for warriors and daggers for rogues on a decent but not best lvl. These are missing from locked crates anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Default What You Need to Know for the End of the Goblin Event!

Play the other legends games if u don't like al, free to play players can compete with plat players ALOT more since plat is mostly used for just vanities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

The entire reason why they have energy is to limit how many rares drop! People would farm for Gyrm all day if there was no energy and Gyrm would be worth 20k instead of 750k+
    The energy system is GOOD and SUCCESSFUL
    Bringing back the wave!
    RIP: Flowman
    MY GUESS: 5,002
    <-- Yes.. it still is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Worship View Post
    The entire reason why they have energy is to limit how many rares drop! People would farm for Gyrm all day if there was no energy and Gyrm would be worth 20k instead of 750k+
    No, the reason they have energy is to sell them for plat. if it were to limit rare drops then it wouldn't be available for plat in the store. it's a money making system. imo, they have crates, vanities, revs, and pets as a revenue stream and energy needs to go.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Grym stayed valuable because it had an extremely low drop rate. STS did the same thing with Breezega in the Tarlok event. Keeping drop rates under control isn't rocket science, but charging people to do more than 4 runs a day is NOT the way to accomplish this. They did it before, I don't get why we now have to pay "to keep items valuable". It's a total farce.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Taking a step back and pushing aside the anger, frustration and annoyance over this new system I understand why they can't get rid of energy now. There is to much unused energy floating around now in cs and probably in players stashes. If they remove energy completely what will happen to the players that did spend gold or plat on the kits? It will become worthless, no one will buy it in the cs it will just be another thing to liquidate. So stg can not remove it completely without upsetting an already unstable player base.

Since they can't kill it all we can do is hope that they do include free portals in the next event in maps.

If you guys (STG) could give us more insight on your line of thinking about the energy I think that would help lower the pitchforks a little bit. It just keeps getting addressed like it's no big deal and to us it is a HUGE deal. We know you guys are working out the kinks but even a post along the lines of these are the options we are looking at etc.. So that we KNOW that you hear us would be welcome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

First of all that 750k you are talking about is a fake price watch tomorrow or next how the egg starts dropping.
    Secondly during the tarlok event there were Breezaga eggs which maintained a high value even though there was the initial portal glitch now imagine the tarlok event without portal glitch.. that calls for less items looted during tarlok event and even higher prices.

Its not our fault if there was a glitch and the tarlok event items overflooded the market it was sts fault.

It so simple to make rare drops without spilling the last cent out of your players and breezaga is definately the best example...a egg looted from the best boss accessible FREELY that has a slight chance of looting a crate that has a slight chance of looting a egg.

I compared gyrm drop rate to that of breezaga and my friend in five runs i looted 2 gyrms...that is far away from rare. I believe there are loooot of gyrm eggs ig right now.
    Last edited by jeocapat; 06-10-2014 at 02:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

non-arcane/ half-mythic mage here. He was indeed very hard to kill solo. I only managed to kill him twice under 5 mins through lucky panics with magmatic totem / slag + spamming fire, ice, lightning as much as I could. I also found I stood a better shot if I never charged my skills, since he heals so fast any time not spent attacking him is more time for him to heal. With shield on, I found I could stand in his redzone and only take about ~50% hp hit. Basically the trick is to hit as fast as u can and not die, so yeah you'll need at least 3 offensive skill, or even 4 if you can survive. well doesnt matter now that the event is over :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    Taking a step back and pushing aside the anger, frustration and annoyance over this new system I understand why they can't get rid of energy now. There is to much unused energy floating around now in cs and probably in players stashes. If they remove energy completely what will happen to the players that did spend gold or plat on the kits? It will become worthless, no one will buy it in the cs it will just be another thing to liquidate. So stg can not remove it completely without upsetting an already unstable player base.

Since they can't kill it all we can do is hope that they do include free portals in the next event in maps.

If you guys (STG) could give us more insight on your line of thinking about the energy I think that would help lower the pitchforks a little bit. It just keeps getting addressed like it's no big deal and to us it is a HUGE deal. We know you guys are working out the kinks but even a post along the lines of these are the options we are looking at etc.. So that we KNOW that you hear us would be welcome.

they can kill it. read the responses in this and other threads. the overwhelming majority would dance a jig to see the energy system gone. in fact, it never should have been introduced in the first place. they tried it in DL and it failed miserably.

as far as their line of thinking it's all about selling plat. they've said before that tarlok was a failure because they didn't make any money off of it. they are looking for ways to create revenue streams off this event. and walling off the players isn't the way to do it. they have crates, vanities, plat revs, elixirs and pets and, imo, they should be happy with that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please remove the energy system! The whole Eminence and not only hates it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    they can kill it. read the responses in this and other threads. the overwhelming majority would dance a jig to see the energy system gone. in fact, it never should have been introduced in the first place. they tried it in DL and it failed miserably.

as far as their line of thinking it's all about selling plat. they've said before that tarlok was a failure because they didn't make any money off of it. they are looking for ways to create revenue streams off this event. and walling off the players isn't the way to do it. they have crates, vanities, plat revs, elixirs and pets and, imo, they should be happy with that.
    I wish they would kill it, and have been pushing for it to be removed since the start of the event. You're absolutely right it should not of been introduced in the first place they completely ignored the thread about it before the event even started when everyone said it was a bad idea. I'm just trying to hold onto something to justify staying. I've put in close to a year on this game and to see it move towards this direction is a major disappointment. This next event and how they handle it will be the deciding factor for me on whether or not I find another game. From all the updates about the energy system they don't seem to have any plans to remove it so all we can do is really hope at this point that they come up with the right solution. Part of me wonders if they put it into effect to try and make up revenue for their new battle legends game as well. Which opens a whole different can of worms.
    Last edited by Raregem; 06-10-2014 at 02:52 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Raregem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    What will happen to my leftover energy and tokens?
    Energy will be universal across all events. If you have energy kits leftover you may hold on to them or sell them for use in the next event. Tokens on the other hand will disappear when the event ends, so spend them while you still can!
    I think I can say with the near-full support of the community that introducing energy to AL was one of the absolute worst decision you guys have ever made.

Fact: if energy isn't overhauled entirely (or made borderline irrelevant) in the next few events, you're going to lose a MAJOR part of your AL player base. I've been playing STS Legends games for years now, and I'm actually tempted to ragequit the entire series because of this. If I'm tempted to leave... well, you can say goodbye to a good portion of your less loyal AL users. When there's no one left to dominate, AL's hardcore spenders will stop buying plat to be the best. Eventually, they too will jump ship. AL will stop winning all those shiny 'BEST MMO' awards. New player influx will dry out. AL will stagnate and die. You'll lose massive potential profits as it becomes just another unpopulated game taking up server space. To stay afloat, you'll have to put out a brand new Legends sans this terrible system and cling to the hope that the loyal amongst us will return for the new IP.

TL;DR - In-app purchase games don't truly last unless there is a semblance of real balance between cashers and free users. Pushing it too far out of balance is going to kill AL. It's going to die, just like PL did. And who knows? Maybe that's what you're aiming for. Maybe you're just gearing up for Western/Orient/Spartan/Medieval/Whatever Legends.

But can I give you a piece of advice for the future? Trading one money-grubbing flagship for the next is an awful business plan for game companies. You should want to keep AL populated, user-friendly, and running smoothly as you expand and put out new titles. Think how much money you could make if you had TWO ALs.

STS... let's get real for a moment. I love you like a fat kid loves cake. I don't want to watch my cake (you) turn into moldy maggot-covered mush (Gamevil).

Mmmm... try using gyrm or ribbit with lightning?

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jenvy For This Useful Post: