Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Shady & Surge -- How they SHOULD be rewarded....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Shady & Surge -- How they SHOULD be rewarded....

STS has not yet told us how this new arcane pet will be rewarded. But they HAVE hinted how it will NOT be rewarded. They have said that it will be different than the Golbin event, so I would expect that it will be rewarded to more than the top 3 on the event leaderboard. They have also avoided saying that it will be available to be looted in locked crates. So that leads me to believe it will be rewarded in some other way.....

We all know that arcane pets require plat (unless you buy it for gold from someone who looted it by spending plat). Up until now, they have always come exclusively in locked crates. So I would not expect the plat issue to be any different here. It WILL require plat in some form or another to get an arcane egg. So here is my proposal that keeps consistent with STS requiring plat for this, but makes it more "fair" and less of a gamble...

1) On the open market, arcane pet eggs currently sell in the range of 6-7m (hammerjaw) to 20m-25m (Samael). I think most of us agree that Shady & Surge, while a great pet, will most likely not be as good for PvP as Samael. So for my purposes here, let's propose a value of 20m which is a nice hefty, but fair value for a new arcane pet.

2) Energy kits on the open market seem to average around 15k each.

3) Assuming the tokens in the Ursoth's Assault event are similar to the Goblin event, once you reach gold tier, you seem to get an average of 4 tokens for each trip through the portal.

4) 15k for an energy kit gets you 4 tokens on average. That means each token comes at a cost of approximately 3750 gold.

5) At that price, if you were to spend 20m on energy kits, you would end up with approximately 5333 tokens.

6) I propose that they sell the Shady & Surge egg from the token vendor for 5000 tokens. That means to earn this pet, you will have to go through the portal approximately 1250 times. I suspect that based on the time required to earn that many tokens, the price of this pet will go higher and end up closer to 30m, as the time spent is certainly worth some money as well.

7) Based on this suggestion, I propose that STS eliminate the 20 plat for 25 tokens offer at the token vendor. This would defeat the purpose of requiring the hard work to obtain the tokens. You cannot buy Dragkin teeth from the Dragkin teeth vendor. You must do the runs. So the same should apply here.

Since the Ursoth's Assault event is 3 weeks long, that means you will need to do around 60 runs per day through the portal. While that is certainly a big time commitment, I think it is something many dedicated players will pursue. I think many of us (including myself) who gave up during the Goblin event because of the super low chance of being able to make the top 3 on the leaderboard would once again be motivated to participate. And as each of us will need many hundreds of energy kits, STS will make a huge amount of plat sales. And remember, even if you do not have any plat, you can buy the energy kits for gold from someone else who purchased them for plat. So everyone can participate.

Any thoughts?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

+1
    I can't agree more with this. I gave up after 5 runs during the Goblin event.
    As a purchase from Vendor it's fair. Everybody will be determinated to get the pet + other things that will be looted on each map ( eggs , new locks , etc )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

+1

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    STS has not yet told us how this new arcane pet will be rewarded. But they HAVE hinted how it will NOT be rewarded. They have said that it will be different than the Golbin event, so I would expect that it will be rewarded to more than the top 3 on the event leaderboard. They have also avoided saying that it will be available to be looted in locked crates. So that leads me to believe it will be rewarded in some other way.....

We all know that arcane pets require plat (unless you buy it for gold from someone who looted it by spending plat). Up until now, they have always come exclusively in locked crates. So I would not expect the plat issue to be any different here. It WILL require plat in some form or another to get an arcane egg. So here is my proposal that keeps consistent with STS requiring plat for this, but makes it more "fair" and less of a gamble...

1) On the open market, arcane pet eggs currently sell in the range of 6-7m (hammerjaw) to 20m-25m (Samael). I think most of us agree that Shady & Surge, while a great pet, will most likely not be as good for PvP as Samael. So for my purposes here, let's propose a value of 20m which is a nice hefty, but fair value for a new arcane pet.

3) Assuming the tokens in the Ursoth's Assault event are similar to the Goblin event, once you reach gold tier, you seem to get an average of 4 tokens for each trip through the portal.

4) 15k for an energy kit gets you 4 tokens on average. That means each token comes at a cost of approximately 3750 gold.

5) At that price, if you were to spend 20m on energy kits, you would end up with approximately 5333 tokens.

6) I propose that they sell the Shady & Surge egg from the token vendor for 5000 tokens. That means to earn this pet, you will have to go through the portal approximately 1250 times. I suspect that based on the time required to earn that many tokens, the price of this pet will go higher and end up closer to 30m, as the time spent is certainly worth some money as well.

7) Based on this suggestion, I propose that STS eliminate the 20 plat for 25 tokens offer at the token vendor. This would defeat the purpose of requiring the hard work to obtain the tokens. You cannot buy Dragkin teeth from the Dragkin teeth vendor. You must do the runs. So the same should apply here.

Since the Ursoth's Assault event is 3 weeks long, that means you will need to do around 60 runs per day through the portal. While that is certainly a big time commitment, I think it is something many dedicated players will pursue. I think many of us (including myself) who gave up during the Goblin event because of the super low chance of being able to make the top 3 on the leaderboard would once again be motivated to participate. And as each of us will need many hundreds of energy kits, STS will make a huge amount of plat sales. And remember, even if you do not have any plat, you can buy the energy kits for gold from someone else who purchased them for plat. So everyone can participate.

Any thoughts?
    I think your proposal is feasible. sts already said they would add a better and more varied set of token rewards to the Ursoth event. And your idea fits perfectly into that - it allows people to decide how much time (and energy) and plat/gold to spend to earn whatever reward/s they want. And then some decent drops along the way will be an added incentive.

I personally hope there will also be enough elements of luck in it all, that it won't turn into another pay2win farce.

ain't got no how whatchamacallit (kurt cobain)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

If you make an arcane pet farmable by tokens then energy kits will be like 100k. Everyone and their alt will be farming tokens. My suggestion is to put Shady & Surge in crates and/or if a new chest drops in Ursoth have it drop in that chest. Also award Shady & Surge based on LB placement. What you are proposing will just cause a huge inflation on energy kits. If this happens I'll just buy plat and sell energy kits because the profit margin will be huge. How is it energy kits were trading between 12k-25k during the event when so many people were like yourself are not participating? Most energy kits were being bought up by basically 25 people in the game in large quantities. This tells you how expensive energy kits will get once the demand goes up. Most people don't seem to understand this.
    Last edited by falmear; 06-13-2014 at 02:30 PM.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    If you make an arcane pet farmable by tokens then energy kits will be like 100k. Everyone and their alt will be farming tokens. My suggestion is to put Shady & Surge in crates and/or if a new chest drops in Ursoth have it drop in that chest. Also award Shady & Surge based on LB placement. What you are proposing will just cause a huge inflation on energy kits. If this happens I'll just buy plat and sell energy kits because the profit margin will be huge. How is it energy kits were trading between 12k-25k during the event when so many people were like yourself are not participating? Most energy kits were being bought up by basically 25 people in the game in large quantities. This tells you how expensive energy kits will get once the demand goes up. Most people don't seem to understand this.
    Nice suggestion as well. I just don't want the pressure of running the event levels a gazillion times with no guarantee of getting it. Lots of gold would be invested into the event kits. Possibly all my savings and then I find out I don't have a chance at top place lb from running out of gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Not sure about this way being better than just putting them in locked, but the removal of buying tokens with plat is a bad idea. Even at the same exchange ratio they were last event it would cost 6250 plat to get 5000 tokens. If someone wants to spend a few hundred bucks to get it I say let them. More money for sts.

I liked it just cause a few of my guys were just short of getting ironbite and that helped them to get it. IMO tho they should just be put into locked crates or given like breezaga was in event chests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Although I'm not a fan of energy kits, this suggestion I think would actually work. STS would get tons of plat sales, and I think a greater number of people would try for the pet. An arcane pet that can be had with your in game gold, or plat purchases. Ultimately it's the same thing because gold bought energy means someone else spent some plats.

+1 can't thank this suggestion enough
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Oooor you could skip the part where the meaning of arcane rarity gets completely ridiculed and market breaks down; instead, how about randomly rewarding 15 of these pets to the top 75 - five from the event leaderboard of each class?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Oooor you could skip the part where the meaning of arcane rarity gets completely ridiculed and market breaks down; instead, how about randomly rewarding 15 of these pets to the top 75 - five from the event leaderboard of each class?
    Random is best. Even top 50 of each class is ok.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post
    Random is best. Even top 50 of each class is ok.
    ^^^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I can't speak for other players, but I'm not spending one penny of gold or plat on energy kits to try to make the leaderboard for a random chance at a pet. That is one hell of an expensive lottery ticket.

I will spend money and work very hard farming if the goal is something I can "achieve" and not a lottery where luck is involved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Problems:

1) the current cap on tokens is 1,000 (you want to increase it which will likely NOT happen)

2) (the main issue) you are asking to change all current plans 2-3 weeks before the event is released. No dice, man. Maybe we can lobby for such a system next event but there is no chance for Ursoth to have this.

3) this is an arcane pet, you have better luck with 3,500 tokens for a mythic pet.
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 06-14-2014 at 12:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Any thoughts?
    I like the idea but major flaw i see is with the energy system. If you had to enter a portal that many times a day it would definitely require plat and again only plat spenders will be top. I agree on the fact that these 2 should be earned threw work but not threw work that will require plat one way or another
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

This is a decent idea. I wouldn't mind grinding for this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    I like the idea but major flaw i see is with the energy system. If you had to enter a portal that many times a day it would definitely require plat and again only plat spenders will be top. I agree on the fact that these 2 should be earned threw work but not threw work that will require plat one way or another
    They make too much money on these events through the energy system. Plus they spent months building a game client which has the events system built into it, and it is all based on the energy system. They are not going to change that. Any proposal idea has to work within that system.

I expect in the coming event that energy balls will drop from non-event bosses. So essentially this will work the same way as the Tarlok event, except you will be farming energy balls instead of portals. The portal will be in the event town and accessible whenever you need it.

During Tarlok we all farmed bosses hoping for portals. So now you will be farming bosses hoping for energy balls. So it works the same way. Only the terminology has changed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

During Tarlok we all farmed bosses hoping for portals. So now you will be farming bosses hoping for energy balls. So it works the same way. Only the terminology has changed.
    Not really, on the face it seems the same but its not. Drops from bosses (like teeth for example) are individual. So if you loot an energy ball and everyone doesn't then only you can enter the portal. Which basically means you need to ditch your party for find another party to help you farm if you are not capable of doing it solo. Or you have to keep farming until everyone in your party has energy which will be frustrating to wait for all 4 people to loot energy. So I don't really understand how you can say "Only the terminology has changed." when this isn't even close to being the case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Which locked crates though? Watch or Elondrian?

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Better make shady and surge looatable from locks, elondrian or normal locks otherwise... its going to be messed up, we dont want that pet to be uber exclusive to the point of making em useless in game.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I can't speak for other players, but I'm not spending one penny of gold or plat on energy kits to try to make the leaderboard for a random chance at a pet. That is one hell of an expensive lottery ticket.

I will spend money and work very hard farming if the goal is something I can "achieve" and not a lottery where luck is involved.
    It's far better than opening lockeds. We're talking about an arcane pet here, not your average event mythic pet. So considering what Amie has said about Shady & Surge being a "very rare event reward", to quote her, I believe 15/75 which is practically a 20% chance is a much better bet than hoping to hit the jackpot by opening lockeds.