Thread: 51 Mage Build/Guide to beat 51 Bears

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Where Birds don't Fly PL PvP Skill: A furious Genghis Khan PL Motto: Learn from all Mistakes ☺
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Red face 51 Mage Build/Guide to beat 51 Bears

Since someone made a thread about this and nobody had an answer, I thought I'd just make a thread so that all those 51 Mages having issues vs. 51 Bears may find my Build/Guide, and render it useful.

To beat 51 Bears as a 51 Mage you should try a debuff build. Not many mages ever use debuffs at 51, and I believe that's the reason why they almost always lose to Bears in this level range.

The Build:
    6 Weakness (When you are using your debuffs at a distance (6-8m), ALWAYS use this one first seeing how it's 2m more in range compared to Nightmare (8m/6m))
    6 Nightmare (Use this one first only when you are 0-5m close to the opponent, if not ALWAYS use the Weakness as your first debuff)
    6 Blessing of Might
    6 Blessing of Vitality
    6 Drain
    6 Heal
    6 Lightning
    5 Firestorm
    1 Frostbite
    1 Ice Storm
    1 Mana Shield

I will give you two scenarios, when a Bear hits Beckon, and when a Bear misses Beckon.

Most Bears at 51 usually have high Beckon [B](Lv4-6), so start off by using your Firestorm then Frostbite, if their Beckon fails go towards them because now they cannot fully nuke you, follow through with your Debuffs(Nightmare is 6m, and Weakness is 8m - ALWAYS Weakness first), and Heal if you are HSed, use Lightning then try to kite their 4m Slashes & 3m Crushing Blow with Ice Storm, use Frostbite then Firestorm (Combo) then Lightning and Heal after they HS, then do your Debuffs and then try to kite them with Ice Storm. (Basically just keep Repeating until they're dead or their Evade/Rage runs out) use Drain whenever you get caught by their beckon/stomp combo "Smashed" or if they hold you in place with Crip. If their Evade runs out, use the Drain to nuke them. Whenever you get to 50% HP or below and don't have heal available or drain currently active to give you back HP, use Mana Shield.
    DO NOT TRY TO RUN AWAY BECAUSE THEN YOU WASTE YOUR DEBUFFS'S TIME.

^ Process to use when a Bear hits Beckon.

Start off by using your Firestorm, then Frostbite. If they manage to get you with Beckon use Ice Storm, they will most likely HS after you use Ice Storm so have quick fingers to Heal and Backup because now their CB nor Slashes will hit, while you are backing up you need to use both of your Debuffs, and maybe Lightning in that short period of time, if they see they aren't in range of Slashes nor CB, they will most likely follow through with stomp, leading to the combo "Smashed", I suggest to Drain after this if your Firestorm or Frostbite or Heal skill isn't available in a short period of time, or if you are closer than 8m to them(they will run towards you and the stun time of stomp is enough to just get about 5-6m closer to your opponent). Do this and repeat, and remember - Whenever you get to 50% HP or below and don't have heal available or drain currently active to give you back HP, use Mana Shield, and -
    DO NOT TRY TO RUN AWAY BECAUSE THEN YOU WASTE YOUR DEBUFFS'S TIME.

^ Process to use when a Bear misses Beckon.

Stat Base Setup:
    192 INT, 67 DEX
    For the face I suggest the Geisha, or Dark Elf.

Gear Setup:
    Helm: Mega Mage's Gemstone Cowl.
    Armor: Mega Mage's Gemstone Robes.
    Weapon: Mega Mage's Gem Stone Staff.
    Ring: Fine Platinum Band of Life. (Lv20, 10 Plat)
    Last edited by Vvriter; 06-14-2014 at 12:13 AM.