Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: stg learend something ,they said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

Default stg learend something ,they said

I think im not the only one who thinks that the energy balls system destroys the fun of AL ,i saw many threads of persons who think the same...

Sam Hayne said stg learnd a lot from that goblin event :

Name:  IMG_20140614_082130.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  78.0 KB

Verry funny.. you didnt learn anything ,i know you need to make money for the upcomming events / expansions BUT keeping that system is the worst idea you ever had.

Add something different to make money ...

We are the customer,without us theres no you!

Eskimosmurf
    Helden Von Heute - Guild Master

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Eski For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Thumbs down -_-

Ok? Why post this, most of us seen that post.
    BTW I thanked you to give you your 200th .
    Last edited by Attack Dog; 06-14-2014 at 06:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

We shouldn't undermine and make STS question their judgement too much, we are using their platform a game we really enjoy at the end of the day its them calling all the shots, and so far their decision has been somewhat good to the overall community not just a select few.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    We shouldn't undermine and make STS question their judgement too much, we are using their platform a game we really enjoy at the end of the day its them calling all the shots, and so far their decision has been somewhat good to the overall community not just a select few.
    Well said, but he isn't undermining them, he is just giving his feedback, even though it might not be all that positive. STS says they love feedback.

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

As I replied to your first post to this effect, we haven't yet released the additional details of how the event will be refined. We want to take the time to implement and play it internally. More details to come. Thanks for your patience.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I think most of the disappointment comes from the expectations that it will take over the game's life.
    The event could have been presented as something "that is running in the background", while you play the game as usual, and visit a special map a few times a day.
    Imagine an event running at all times, Thursday to Tuesday (perhaps the next or the other Tuesday), 2 days for cooldown, and on Thursday another event immediately starts.
    It's not like everything stops and everyone is running the event map to death, it's just an addition, akin to daily quests.

If the event was presented in this manner, maybe the amount of disappointment would be way smaller.
    Obviously, adding limited gear and leaderboard rewards made this relaxed approach impossible. But perhaps that is the approach STS should have taken.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

If they let energy drop from normal bosses ( at the same rate as tarlok portals spawned after bosskill) it would be fine..
    Its the only way to not loose ur playerbase ( free or less spending players). Or just let us enter the random spawned portals for free.
    Come on sts u will make enough money with lockeds and kits anyways im sure u guys dont want that half of the AL pupulation
    rage quit this game just because they could only play new content 3 times a day or pay for it
    Last edited by Jonnymaynard; 06-14-2014 at 08:27 AM.

"I have spread my dreams under your feet, tread softly because you tread on my dreams." - William Butler Yeats
    < Alte Garde Guild Thread >

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

^^^ haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnymaynard View Post
    If they let energy drop from normal bosses ( at the same rate as tarlok portals spawned after bosskill) it would be fine..
    Its the only way to not loose ur playerbase ( free or less spending players). Or just let us enter the random spawned portals for free.
    Come on sts u will make enough money with lockeds and kits anyways im sure u guys dont want that half of the AL pupulation
    rage quit this game just because they could only play new content 3 times a day or pay for it
    only sts will know the true amount of negative feedback. I imagine the forum is a small percentage of players and that the whole thing is judged on actual logins and time spent logged in.

ain't got no how whatchamacallit (kurt cobain)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

i think u r complaining about using energy to enter the map
    one of the dev or mods already said something like
    cost of weapons and all will not go down as u can only go 3 times in a day or something like that
    and btw in all other MMO's i played mods used to close these type of threads

PS-was half asleep while wrote this many mistakes might be there

Keshavagarwal-Mage Keshavagarwa-Warrior Keshavrogue-rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    650 Posts

I too hate the energy system and choose to play it the free method. Just because I have the means doesn't mean I want to pay to have fun at on an event. I'll give STS the benefit of the doubt that it'll be improved and try it out before I knock it. All I can say was that I was standing around doing nothing during goblin event and if that's what I'll end up doing during this event again, I'll be fairly upset.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Just because they learned something doesn't mean they are going to cater every event exactly to your liking.
    Sam already explained the energy

And clearly the largest customers on the LB didn't have an overwhelming problem with the energy system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fourleaf View Post
    Just because they learned something doesn't mean they are going to cater every event exactly to your liking.
    Sam already explained the energy

And clearly the largest customers on the LB didn't have an overwhelming problem with the energy system.
    1st .they just said that this system will be in the next event
    2nd. Ofc they dont have a prob .. cause their spend extremly high amounts of plat ..
    But what do you think for how long? A week? A month? For a pet and a arcane shard?
    Those 10-20 ppl wont do that for long..

Eskimosmurf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I was thinking to buy 6GB 3g internet for ursoth event but it seems like farming will be limited. haha. so I will buy 1GB 3g internet then.
    already wasted 600-700k in goblin event with not much profit.
    I hope ursth event bosses gives high amount of tokens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

Btw im a plat spender too .. and it was a lot..

Eskimosmurf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deadcobain View Post
    only sts will know the true amount of negative feedback. I imagine the forum is a small percentage of players and that the whole thing is judged on actual logins and time spent logged in.

ain't got no how whatchamacallit (kurt cobain)
    I can only speak of the amount of negative feedback from german players .. and its huge... forumer or not

"I have spread my dreams under your feet, tread softly because you tread on my dreams." - William Butler Yeats
    < Alte Garde Guild Thread >

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Guys, like Sam said they will refine their system. Just because energy is coming back, does not mean it is coming back in the same way. It is too early to judge the event, especially since there are such minute details given.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

I dont judge the event.. i judge the energy system.. its not good

Eskimosmurf

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimocallboy View Post
    1st .they just said that this system will be in the next event
    2nd. Ofc they dont have a prob .. cause their spend extremly high amounts of plat ..
    But what do you think for how long? A week? A month? For a pet and a arcane shard?
    Those 10-20 ppl wont do that for long..
    It will be part of the next event, it's part of their new event system to maintain item rarity
    There were far more than 20 players who willing paid plat for this event, I bought energy with plat, not to the extent the LB players did, but it isn't that unpopular of an option.

They have everyone enough energy to get the gold tier reward without spending any money, that's like going to a restaurant an getting a basic meal for free. Would you not expect people who actually pay to receive more?

As long as there's a competition for these events people, not always the same ones, are going to spend to try to make it to the top.
    I think the event system is a great success and would like to see it implemented into the other games.
    The only feature I think it lacked was like a global goal, where together you would have to slay like 10 million goblins, similar to what they have done in Pocket Legends, Star Legends, and Dark Legends.

It's a whole new feature so if you don't like it you can still play the rest of the game. It's not like they changed any of that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Energy system is good and guess why? It keeps prices high and farming worth it for longer time, if you didnt get much profit during goblin event it means that you didnt farm during the right time and enough. Personally i like energy system a lot, i tripled my money during the event (i bought kits with gold, i stopped farming when price of gyrm went to 400k, i had ~8500 points) just saying i made about as much money in 2-3 days than in 6months...GJ STS