Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Divine's Guide to Twinking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

most 22 builds are dex range nuke tbh, the tank ones get rekt by bears pretty easily because the damage output is pretty low.

edit: 30 mage finished. next up, level 35 mage. Then on to bear 22-35!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Hung for a 22 bear build you can try 6 rage 6 hs 3 Iron blood 3 beck 2 stomp 1 sms I find that it works great for mages and bears. I suppose you could take a point out of ib so you can have crippling slash 6 rage 6 hs 2 iron blood 3 beck 2 stomp 1 sms 1 crippl
    Applenoob Cqward Fewing Pvvo Pwoer Paneling Resinning Rummes Twung Wirved and many more discontinued

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

going camping, may not have updates until friday

@apple, thanks for the suggestion, coincidentally, that's nearly my build except with 3 stomp and 2 beckon and no sms

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Soundset is now Cardiologist.
    Currahee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

done with 35 mage...on to 22-35 bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Yaaaaaaay
    Applenoob Cqward Fewing Pvvo Pwoer Paneling Resinning Rummes Twung Wirved and many more discontinued

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Missing ring for level 30 mage gear also would a snipers avian wing and sandstone cave wand be a viable replacement for evidence bracer and paw??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

for paw, i would say that snipers would not work very well over gruesome l25, at level 30, shiv wing is better and much cheaper too.

in fact, tank build works best with fbow tbh, however tank paw wrecks bears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMoustache View Post
    for paw, i would say that snipers would not work very well over gruesome l25, at level 30, shiv wing is better and much cheaper too.

in fact, tank build works best with fbow tbh, however tank paw wrecks bears.
    you're missing the ring for level 30 shivering mage man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

i've started playing a lot of order and chaos...this might never be finished. in any case that I play more, i will update this with tons of information. if i get any richer i might buy plat to speed level a crap ton of chars. best of luck to you all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

i've started playing a lot of order and chaos...this might never be finished. in any case that I play more, i will update this with tons of information. if i get any richer i might buy plat to speed level a crap ton of chars. best of luck to you all.
    If it comes to the worse of the worst i can always finish the guide with someone helping me. Hopefully i don't have to. My thumbs are already sore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNoob View Post
    If it comes to the worse of the worst i can always finish the guide with someone helping me. Hopefully i don't have to. My thumbs are already sore!
    i would actually appreciate that, i'll edit it to make things sound smooth (ur engliehsh sux rember?) cred would totally be added in the title of everything you write/create. just want a place where it's organized to store all the information to make it easier for nobies to find it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

i would actually appreciate that, i'll edit it to make things sound smooth (ur engliehsh sux rember?) cred would totally be added in the title of everything you write/create. just want a place where it's organized to store all the information to make it easier for nobies to find it.
    Well lets give this a shot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Bear tips and overviews (bearbearbear1)
    At these levels bears will have a new skill called beckon which pulls your opponent towards you, and when comboed with stomp you can get the smash combo. Also at these levels bears are less commonplace due to not having such a strong advantage as they did at levels 10-20. Mages get their damage buffs and birds have more skills, because of this bears do not dominate pvp as well as they used to. Due to this bears are not able to survive the nukes mages bring from levels 22-34. From levels 35 and up bears start regaining their dominance in pvp due to insane amounts of dodge and armor, because bears don't have high amounts of dodge in the 20s-30s range the builds are usually: Nuke Debuff or a combination of the two.

1. Beckon and stomp are a combo. Don't use one without the other. (Bear vs all)
    What i mean is don't use stomp before beckon or don't beckon with your stomp on cooldown. Only time you will need to beckon is to catch a runner. You can also use beckon and stomp to do the smash combo which inflicts massive damage by beckoning the person then stomping them. You should never stomp and beckon as it does little damage compared to the smash combo.The smash combo is crucial for dex bears to nuke a mage and equally important for str bears to do damage to their targets.

2. Don't forget your slashes. (Bear vs all)
    A lot of times whenever i see a bear play they will just beckon and stomp. Don't do that! Instead beckon and use your slashes ( super mega slash, vengeful slash, crushing slash, and crippling blow ) and then stomp. That way you maximize your damage output when you do the combo as the slashes are roughly 70 damage at level 1. Add that to the 150 or so damage and you have a 220 nuke with only one slash. Think if you have three slashes! You can K.O. a mage if your fast enough and make a bear half if your lucky.

3. Time your Hellscreams. (Bear vs all )
    This is a big one. Often i find people walking into the range needed for hellscream and THEN they hellscream. What usually happens is that they die because the other person landed the hellscream faster. But how am i supposed to land it faster?? By timing your hellscream so as your just about to walk into hellscream range hellscream so that way you will already have the scream active when your in range compared to it just now starting to activate. Against mages don't just spam hellscream repeatedly! Wait until they heal then use hellscream other wise they will just heal the hellscream off and nuke you.

4. Know your ranges! (Bear vs all)
    This is important for all classes but its very important for this class. Becauss if you don't know your hellscream range how are you supposed to land hellscream?? By guessing its range?? By just spamming it?? No! By learning the correct range ( which is 8m by the way )! it also effects who beckons first and who stomps first because one person will know beckon range and the other will not.

5. Time your stomps! (Bears vs mainly mages)
    Often times bears will beckon and stomp and what the mage will do is firestorm and frostbite thereby resulting the bear stuck in ice and knock backed. You can avoid this by simply timing your stomp so that when it looks like the frostbite is about to hit you stomp so that way it will miss you. This works well versus several mages who rely on their frostbite to keep you pinned down.

6. The trees are your allies. (Bears vs all)
    If your being kited extremely hard, being teamed, or just having a bad time you can always hide behind a tree and wait for the offender to come closer so you can beckon slash and stomp him until he dies. This works well however most of the time the offender will not come close to the tree rather they will walk away and insult you over chat so only use this if your desparate.

Specific bear strategies 22-40
    Everybody has their unique build but they usually follow along the lines of nuke or debuff. There are those rare builds that work for some people but i have found them to be hard to master so i shall stick to the general builds for each level.

L22-23
    At this level 22s and 23s now have beckon and the ability to do the smash combo.Because of this, builds of 2 stomp and 3 beckon are more commonplace than 6 crushing blow and 1 beckon. So i shall tell the nuke and debuff builds.

Nuke
    Stats: all dex
    Skills: 6 rage 3 iron blood 6 hellscream 3 stomp 2 beckon 1 crippling slash
    Gear: Level 20 dex halloween helm, Pink level 22 forgotten bow, l15 artisan's or Level 20 dex halloween helm, Level 20 sniper's avian talon, Level 20 pink bloody evidence bracer, l15 expert or artisan. (Depending on hit)
    Rings: the fbow setup will be 2% hit 8 damage ( or 2 crit 8 damage it depends on the hit ) the talon setup will be 2 crit 8 damage )
    Faces: Mecha face (2% hit)

Strategies
    Against mages: get into beckon range and then beckon then hellscream next is slashes ( if they are close enough. If you land crippling slash just burst the mage down by spamming slashes and beckon stomp ) wait for them to heal and attempt to ice you, stomp right as the ice is about to hit you after you have stomped out of the ice start walking towards the mage autoing him all the while. When you get your combo back beckon hellscream and then do your slashes and stomp.If done right the mage will be stuck in place whilst stunned.

Against bears: it depends on the type of bear
    str debuff bears: walk towards them hellscream while walking into range then beckon, slashes, and stomp if you landed hellscream first. (If you didnt land hellscream first immediately stomp and super mega slash to get him as far away as possible once done attempt to repeat the beginning combo hellscream, beckon, slashes, and stomp) Proceed to kite the bear at the farthest distance with your forgotten bow while repeatedly hellscreaming and beckon stomping him. This is because often times str bears will have 6 crushing blow which tragically lowers your damage by massive amounts.

Aginst Nukes: as the fight starts try to beckon hellscream slashes and stomp him as fast as you are able to. (Battles against these guys are all about who is able to pull of their nuke fastest.) Just keep repeating this combo until he is dead. If he started the fight with hellscream instead of beckon immediately stomp then hellscream to prevent his from landing then wait for stomp to recharge and redo the beginning combo.

Against foxes: hellscream as aoon as they touch you then stomp. Proceed to use hellscream on them whenever its off cooldown as well as beckon and stomp combo.

Against birds: they will most likely repulse at the beginning so walk forward and dont use a skill and auto them until they repulse you. After they repulse you walk into beckon range then beckon hellscream slashes and stomp them. Proceed to spam slashes near them along with hellscream.

Against rhinos: As soon as they charge use crippling slash then hellscream and beckon stomp combo. Then proceed to kite them and beckon stomp them while crippling slashing them when its off cooldown

Level 22 debuff bear coming soon! Feel free to edit this monster. I know i screwed up somewhere but im afraid to even look...
    Last edited by AppleNoob; 08-13-2014 at 02:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Amazing guide, I believe I'm going to try 15 Mage again....been about 2 years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Applenoob & Divine's Bear Tips and Overview (Levels 22-40) [APLDIV1]
    Firstly, I'd like to thank Applenoob for giving me a basic outline to smooth out. I have been especially busy during the last month, and without others help, I would never even have finished another section of this work.

Now to begin:
    At level 22, bears gain a very useful skill used to neutralize those pesky runners/kiters, and give bears the ability to create their first self-combo.
    This skill: Beckon. It pulls the opponent towards you, and when combined with stomp, it creates the "Smash" combo. Bears are generally second fiddle to mages until level 35, where dodge begins to play a large factor in fights.

1. Hell Scream is Versatile (Bear v all)

HS is in my opinion, either the second best or the best skill in the ursan's arsenal. It can be used for the following:
    • Stun - When combined with beckon, it can provide the necessary stopping power to allow you to close the gap between you and your enemy and root them with a nice little crippling slash.
    • Debuff - Hit% is a valuable commodity at low level, and hell scream is the best at lowering the opponent's hit. It also deals a nice 30 damage reduction as a side effect. That way, if your opponent does hit that pesky knock back skill, it'll at least do less damage.
    • Escape Route - Need to tree? Low on HP? Want to cheat in FFA by rejoining? Hit that HS and run like hell!

ALSO, it is vital against healing characters to use the second hell scream AFTER they heal. The first HS should be in your combo to root them, however, hold your HS until you see the green heal light, and immediately press HS. This way, they remained stunned, debuffed, and a 0% threat to you. If your HS is continually on a mage or a rhino, there is no way you will lose the fight.

2. Do not forget slashes (Bear vs all)

Much of the time, beginning bears simply think that they can beckon HS and stomp their way to victory. PvP is more intellectual than that! Find a way to utilize your many close range skills before sending them flying!
    I prioritize my slashes in this order: crippling slash > crushing blow > Super mega slash > vengeful slash.
    I always tend to cripple first because it leaves them rooted, allowing me to come back and use the other slashes with ease. Second comes the crushing blow, a very important damage debuff. Super mega slash is the most powerful slash DPS wise, and last comes the finisher, vengeful slash. If you can get all these off, it is nearly equivalent to having a smash combo, and you get the keep them in close melee range as well as debuffing them with both Hell Scream and Crushing Blow.

3. Time your Hellscreams. (Bear vs Bear)

Hell scream is often the decider in level 22-35 bear v bear fights. The -30 hit% is often a fatal blow to anyone who gets struck by it. Try to hit your hell scream before the other person does, reducing his chance of debuffing you, and allowing you to take minimal damage.

The most important ranges to know are that of beckon, and hell scream. Learn those ranges, and you will be a pro. This game is 50% range, 25% movement, and 25% luck.

5. Kite the kite! (Bear vs mage/bird)

Many times, you will encounter a pesky little mage or bird attempting to knock you back at 12m, causing you to miss your combo and allow them to run away to reload. Counter this by giving them a little backwards movement around the 13m range. Basically, once you reach just outside of 12m, move backwards for 1 second to cause them to miss their repulse/break/fire/whatever the hell they use first. Then beckon + HS, root them, and destroy. This is really a good way to give yourself the upper hand against nukey but squishy characters that you will encounter at level 22-40.

Specific bear strategies (22-40)
    Everybody has their unique build but they usually follow along the lines of nuke or debuff. There are those rare builds that work for some people but i have found them to be hard to master so i shall stick to the general builds for each level.

L22-23

At level 22, bears now have beckon and the ability to do the smash combo. Beckon also now allows bears to take advantage of the many other close range skills, and creates two different branches of bear PvP, Nuke (bear v bear) and Debuff. Be warned with either build, you will not fight many 22 mages, and will get destroyed by most 25 mages.

NOTE: LEVEL 22 BEARS ARE NO LONGER VERY COMMON, HOWEVER IT IS A LEVEL THAT I HAVE LONG APPRECIATED AND ENJOYED.

Nuke
    Gear: Level 20 dex halloween helm, Pink level 22 forgotten bow, l15 artisan's or Level 20 dex halloween helm, Level 20 sniper's avian talon, Level 20 pink bloody evidence bracer, l15 expert or artisan. (Depending on hit)
    Rings: with fbow setup, 2% hit 8 damage ring, and with the talon setup, use the 2 crit 8 damage ring.

Debuff
    Stats: 67 str, rest dex.
    Skills: 6 rage, 6 hell scream, 3 beckon, 5 crushing blow, 1 crippling slash, 1 stomp.
    Gear: Level 20 int halloween helm, level 20 warrior package shield, armor, and sword.
    Ring: Armor/Dodge str ring.
    Face: Koala Bear Face (for more dodge)

Strategies for 22-23

Against mages: If you ever fight any mages your level, be sure to use the "Kite the kite" strategy noted in the general overview. [INSERTCODEHERE]
    Once you have baited them into using and missing fire, use beckon, then hell scream and CRIPPLING SLASH them. Do NOT execute the stomp combo, until crippling slash, crushing blow, and whatever the hell else you got has been unloaded. Then, attempt to keep them near you, so you can use hell scream directly after they heal.

Against bears, know your hell scream range. 8M is the magic number. If you hit hell scream first, it is highly likely that you will win. Take advantage of your build, if you are str based, try to close the gap, and for dex based bears, try to keep distance against a melee bear.
    Against foxes: Hellscream and crushing blow as soon as possible, then cripple them and spam slashes, beckon combo, and rebuffs.
    Against birds: Do not fall for their initial repulse shot. Hold your skills until they waste their knock back skill, then proceed to beckon, hell scream, and demolish them.
    Against rhinos: As soon as they charge, use crippling slash and crushing blow. It is vital that every hell scream is placed directly after each heal. (besides the first, which you can use first)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

No noteable 23 mages to list?
    I AM..... Depury | Hammerologist | Mydadsapizza | Lvlbearz | Lvlbatti | Lvlflight | Dished | Rhinotacular | Truesome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

You might want to list the debuff bear as str... Then I could give you a debuff build ^,^
    I AM..... Depury | Hammerologist | Mydadsapizza | Lvlbearz | Lvlbatti | Lvlflight | Dished | Rhinotacular | Truesome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Depury View Post
    You might want to list the debuff bear as str... Then I could give you a debuff build ^,^
    There have been 22-23 dex debuff bears but people think you should use a fbow and nuke instead of a talon and debuffing when your dex. So putting debuff bears as a str only is narrowing its potential. Next i have a debuff build that i will be sharing in this guide but im confident divine would love someone else's take on debuff bear so please post it.
    Last edited by AppleNoob; 08-18-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

sorry apple, just saw ur post, good stuff and ill smooth it out: work in progress

Applenoob & Divine's Bear Tips and Overview (Levels 22-40)
    Firstly, I'd like to thank Applenoob for giving me a basic outline to smooth out. I have been especially busy during the last month, and without others help, I would never even have finished another section of this work.

Now to begin
    At level 22, bears gain a very useful skill used to neutralize those pesky runners/kiters, and give bears the ability to create their first self-combo.
    This skill: Beckon. It pulls the opponent towards you, and when combined with stomp, it creates the "Smash" combo. Bears are generally second fiddle to mages until level 35, where dodge begins to play a large factor in fights.

1. Hell Scream is Versatile (Bear v all)

HS is in my opinion, either the second best or the best skill in the ursan's arsenal. It can be used for the following:
    • Stun - When combined with beckon, it can provide the necessary stopping power to allow you to close the gap between you and your enemy and root them with a nice little crippling slash.
    • Debuff - Hit% is a valuable commodity at low level, and hell scream is the best at lowering the opponent's hit. It also deals a nice 30 damage reduction as a side effect. That way, if your opponent does hit that pesky knock back skill, it'll at least do less damage.
    • Escape Route - Need to tree? Low on HP? Want to cheat in FFA by rejoining? Hit that HS and run like hell!

ALSO, it is vital against healing characters to use the second hell scream AFTER they heal. The first HS should be in your combo to root them, however, hold your HS until you see the green heal light, and immediately press HS. This way, they remained stunned, debuffed, and a 0% threat to you. If your HS is continually on a mage or a rhino, there is no way you will lose the fight.

2. Do not forget slashes (Bear vs all)

Much of the time, beginning bears simply think that they can beckon HS and stomp their way to victory. PvP is more intellectual than that! Find a way to utilize your many close range skills before sending them flying!
    I prioritize my slashes in this order: crippling slash > crushing blow > Super mega slash > vengeful slash.
    I always tend to cripple first because it leaves them rooted, allowing me to come back and use the other slashes with ease. Second comes the crushing blow, a very important damage debuff. Super mega slash is the most powerful slash DPS wise, and last comes the finisher, vengeful slash. If you can get all these off, it is nearly equivalent to having a smash combo, and you get the keep them in close melee range as well as debuffing them with both Hell Scream and Crushing Blow.

3. Time your Hellscreams. (Bear vs Bear)

Hell scream is often the decider in level 22-35 bear v bear fights. The -30 hit% is often a fatal blow to anyone who gets struck by it. Try to hit your hell scream before the other person does, reducing his chance of debuffing you, and allowing you to take minimal damage.

The most important ranges to know are that of beckon, and hell scream. Learn those ranges, and you will be a pro. This game is 50% range, 25% movement, and 25% luck.

5. Kite the kite! (Bear vs mage/bird)

Many times, you will encounter a pesky little mage or bird attempting to knock you back at 12m, causing you to miss your combo and allow them to run away to reload. Counter this by giving them a little backwards movement around the 13m range. Basically, once you reach just outside of 12m, move backwards for 1 second to cause them to miss their repulse/break/fire/whatever the hell they use first. Then beckon + HS, root them, and destroy. This is really a good way to give yourself the upper hand against nukey but squishy characters that you will encounter at level 22-40.

Specific bear strategies 22-40

L22-23
    At this level 22s and 23s now have beckon and the ability to do the smash combo.Because of this, builds of 2 stomp and 3 beckon are more commonplace than 6 crushing blow and 1 beckon. So i shall tell the nuke and debuff builds.

Nuke
    Rings: the fbow setup will be 2% hit 8 damage ( or 2 crit 8 damage it depends on the hit ) the talon setup will be 2 crit 8 damage )

Strategies
    Against mages: get into beckon range and then beckon then hellscream next is slashes ( if they are close enough. If you land crippling slash just burst the mage down by spamming slashes and beckon stomp ) wait for them to heal and attempt to ice you, stomp right as the ice is about to hit you after you have stomped out of the ice start walking towards the mage autoing him all the while. When you get your combo back beckon hellscream and then do your slashes and stomp.If done right the mage will be stuck in place whilst stunned.

Against bears: it depends on the type of bear
    str debuff bears: walk towards them hellscream while walking into range then beckon, slashes, and stomp if you landed hellscream first. (If you didnt land hellscream first immediately stomp and super mega slash to get him as far away as possible once done attempt to repeat the beginning combo hellscream, beckon, slashes, and stomp) Proceed to kite the bear at the farthest distance with your forgotten bow while repeatedly hellscreaming and beckon stomping him. This is because often times str bears will have 6 crushing blow which tragically lowers your damage by massive amounts.

Aginst Nukes: as the fight starts try to beckon hellscream slashes and stomp him as fast as you are able to. (Battles against these guys are all about who is able to pull of their nuke fastest.) Just keep repeating this combo until he is dead. If he started the fight with hellscream instead of beckon immediately stomp then hellscream to prevent his from landing then wait for stomp to recharge and redo the beginning combo.

Against foxes: hellscream as aoon as they touch you then stomp. Proceed to use hellscream on them whenever its off cooldown as well as beckon and stomp combo.

Against birds: they will most likely repulse at the beginning so walk forward and dont use a skill and auto them until they repulse you. After they repulse you walk into beckon range then beckon hellscream slashes and stomp them. Proceed to spam slashes near them along with hellscream.

Against rhinos: As soon as they charge use crippling slash then hellscream and beckon stomp combo. Then proceed to kite them and beckon stomp them while crippling slashing them when its off cooldown

Level 22 debuff bear coming soon! Feel free to edit this monster. I know i screwed up somewhere but im afraid to even look...
    Its ok. Im just glad i can help finish this great guide!